David Carradine

I tries ebay…

So you saw it. What do you think about Liv Ullmann and the work from Bergmann?

Forgive me, it´s the wrong topic. Just a little question…

No problem. We can discuss more about David Carradine either at my chatroom (I have a chat every Saturday and Sunday night beginning at 9:30 pm EST -US) or on my own discussion board.

http://www.joaquinfamily.net/

As for Serpent’s Egg and Liv Ulman, her acting ability in the film was also qute supurb. Though I must be honest. I have only seen the film once. It was very disturbing for me. I think it was even darker than what Burgman had done before. There was just too much realism in the film which made it all the more disturbing. I have a copy of it, but I have only viewed it once. For some reason, I can’t get myself to sit down and watch it a second time. Maybe if I was watching it with someone else, it might be a different story.

But getting back to David’s Kill Bill performance, I am looking forward to seeing him wield a sword again, having seen the other films (Sword and Sorcerous, Dune Warriors, etc) several times. David’s ability with a sword is just as good as his ability with kung fu.

(@

AJCrane

Thanx for your answer.

Well this not the right topic, but if it is OK for you, I will ask you next week, some question about Serpents egg. (e.g do you think that it make the movie darker that he filmed it in Babelsberg (Berlin)? I

will try to contact you out of the forum, cuz this is for QT and not for Bergmann.

But first: Thanks for your answer… :wink:

What were your feelings seeing Americana? I think you did. And what do you know about his movie Mata Hari?

I sent you a private email so we would not use up this topic. We’re going to have to wait on discussing David’s role as Bill yet. I’ll also post more about David when I hear more news.

(@

AJCrane

[quote]No problem.  We can discuss more about David Carradine either at my chatroom (I have a chat every Saturday and Sunday night beginning at 9:30 pm EST -US) or on my own discussion board.

http://www.joaquinfamily.net/

[/quote]

I know it’s off-topic, but cute child you’ve got there AJCrane! :smiley:

Thanks . That was taken when she was two years old for Father’s Day. She’s now 3 years and 9 months. I need my hubby to update some of the images. That one certainly is getting out of date.

(@

Alisa

Premiere Magazine

Idol Chatter

David Carradine

On Newstands!

David Gets the last word on the last page. A COOL little interview.

(@

AJCrane

I just saw a show called Family Law. He played a guest role. He played a retarded brother of one of the lawyers. Pretty lame.

That didn’t really set well with me either. It felt like an after thought for the show. Even though David did an excellent job with the character, I’ve seen better scripts. He did a far better job when he guest starred on Matlock. He did a two parter which he was a prison inmate and Matlock was called in to solve a murder. The prisoners even set up their own trial. Then he did a second guest spot where he played a country western singer accused of murder. He sang in that one and did a great job there as well.

I really didn’t like the way they did David’s character in Family Law. I think he did a far better job when he played Tempist on Charmed. But those two shows did do one thing for him, started to give him exposure again in the public eye. You might say it was his way of saying that he was alive and kicking, and back in action. Still can’t wait to see him as Bill.

(@

AJCrane

got this little piece of info from the Chris Potter site.

The schedule on the Mike Bullard Show at <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.canada.com/entertainment/fea … index.html”>http://www.canada.com/entertainment/features/mikebullard/index.html</LINK_TEXT> shows David Carradine as a guest on this Friday’s show.

He will be talking about Kill Bill Vol. 2

(@

AJCrane

If you have been at my website, you may have seen the ad about Herbie’s books and tapes. I’ve known Herbie J Pilato now for some time. Anyway, he sent me this little tidbit yesterday. Barring on confusion, Herbie is referring to the last episode of the original show.

ENJOY!

AJCrane

Hello, All -

There are awesome moments, and then there are awesome moments.

As one of the producers of Bravo’s upcoming five-part special, The 100 Greatest TV Characters of All Time, naturally, I made sure that Samantha Stephens would make the list. But also, too, Jaime Sommers - The Bionic Woman, and Kwai Chang Caine, of Kung Fu. As with Bewitched, I chronicled the history of Kung Fu and both Bionic shows (for a new combined book to coincide with Jim Carrey’s feature film debut as Steve Austin).

Anyway, back to the Bravo show. We needed someone to pick up David Carradine for the Caine interivew. He thought we were sending a limo. But we were not. Our PA didn’t have such a nice car, and time was short. So, because of my relationship with David (he wrote the foreword to my first Kung Fu book, The Kung Fu Book of Caine), I offered to pick him up.

No big deal. One of the show’s producers picking up a star. I’m not into the “caste system.”

So I go pick up (in my hot little spotless spectacular White Malibu), and when he sees me, he believes we set him for the surpise. “Oh, THAT’s why I didn’t get a limo - 'cause Herbie J is picking me up.” And for those who know David, he’s not an easy dude to make smile.

But making David smile isn’t the best part of the story.

Before we leave, he makes sure to bring one of his flutes…a prop so important to the Caine character on TV (and on the cover of my book, no less).

We then get in my car, start to drive down to the Hilton in Woodland Hills (where I’m scheduled to conduct the on-air interview with him), and he STARTS TO PLAY THE FLUTE.

That’s right, PLAY THE FLUTE. In my Malibu, driving down Victory Blvd. in Tarzana.

DAVID CARRADINE IS PLAYING THE FLUTE in Herbie J Pilato’s hot little Malibu.

CAINE is playing the flute next to the Kung Fu author, who’s first KF book has a photo on David Carradine as Caine - PLAYING THE FLUTE.

He knew he was freaking me out, and he relished it. No words were spoken. Nothing was said. I stayed calm and cool, and within the white lines.

But I couldn’t help cherishing the moment - and sharing it. For me, it was nothing short of awesome.

In perspective (as if I view life any differently), the last episode of Kung Fu is entitled, Full Circle - in which Caine ultimately finds peace.

Full Circle indeed…via Victory Blvd - and transpiring in what appeared to be The Twilight Zone. But which was really only in LA.

Which I guess in many sectors, may indeed be considered The Twilight Zone after all.

Where dreams and reality frequently mix for the greater good of all.

May every good dream be your reality as well.

Herbie J

Great Artilce on David Carradine!

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … _carradine”>Yahoo News - Latest News & Headlines</LINK_TEXT>

(@

AJCrane

Here are the latest news ALERTS on David Carradine

(@

AJCrane

DIRECTOR: Quentin Tarantino; Starring: Uma Thurman, Daryl Hannah …

Oxford Student - Oxford,UK

… David Carradine is superb as the elusive Bill while Michael Madsen

gives depth within limited screen time to Bill’s brother Budd, gone from

controlled killer …

DAVID Carradine finds career renaissance

Canada.com - Canada

TORONTO – David Carradine says playing the title character in Quentin

Tarantino’s Kill Bill two-part film series is like winning the lottery.

DAVID Carradine finds career renaissance in Kill Bill title role

National Post (subscription) - Canada

TORONTO (CP) - David Carradine says playing the title character in Quentin

Tarantino’s Kill Bill two-part film series is like winning the lottery.

10 lessons in self-aggrandizement with David Carradine

San Jose Mercury News - San Jose,CA,USA

It’s been a long time - oh, nearly 30 years – since David Carradine’s

glory days, when he starred in the hit television series Kung Fu and as

Woody Guthrie in …

DAVID Carradine coolly awaits his next date with destiny

Miami Herald (subscription) - Miami,FL,USA

‘‘There’s probably some truth to it,’’ the 67-year-old Carradine says over

… And Carradine is a man who delights in being restless, in rolling

with the punches. …

EVER-COOL David Carradine heats up ‘Kill Bill Vol. 2’

Salt Lake Tribune - Salt Lake City,UT,USA

… And while he’s not exactly embracing the tag, the 67-year-old actor

doesn’t shy away from it, either. “There’s probably some truth to it,”

Carradine says over …

KILL Bill’s David Carradine relishes his return to the spotlight

Seattle Post Intelligencer - Seattle,WA,USA

… Kill Bill Vol. 2" – his first high-profile movie in decades – 2004

is turning out to be a banner year for actor David Carradine. …

STARRING: Uma Thurman ; David Carradine ; Daryl Hannah

PlanetOut - New York,NY,USA

… In this scene alone, there is more disturbingly calm import and essence

than in all of “Volume 1,” as Bill (David Carradine), the titular former

boss and lover …

KUNG fu deja vu David Carradine looks poised for a career revival …

The Wichita Eagle - Wichita,KS,USA

BY CHRIS KALTENBACH. Is David Carradine really the coolest guy on the planet?

… How could anyone other than David Carradine be Bill? …

IS Bill the resurrection of David Carradine?

Newark Star Ledger - Newark,NJ,USA

BY LISA ROSE. “Kung Fu” wasn’t the reason Quentin Tarantino cast David

Carradine as the title assassin in “Kill Bill.”. Sure, the …

EARLY Oscar buzz

East Valley Tribune - Mesa,AZ,USA

… With the formidable marketing muscle of Miramax behind him, David Carradine could knock the competition dead with his performance as the smooth, sad-eyed

Carradine is also going to star in a T.V. series directed by Mel Gibson, playing a single father of five sons.

There was some confusion on that. It has since been cleared up. David’s brother Keith will be playing that role. Keith is also an excellent actor. Sometimes He would play the younger more teenage Caine at the temple in Kung Fu. I also saw him in a made for TV movie that was based on a true story called Murder Ordained. Keith looks a little like David and may have been mistaken for him on occasion.

As for more news on David, they will be releasing the Second Season of Kun Fu on DVD. Don’t know when, but if you are a David Carradine Fan and you are a member of my fan club, I’ll be announcing it there and also on my message board.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Da … uid=693666”>http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/DavidCarradineFanClub/?yguid=693666</LINK_TEXT>

JapAttack.com is available at DomainMarket.com. Call 888-694-6735

Could not find the original David Carradine topic to post this. It even has a great image of the Japanese Video Tape. Enjoy!

(@

AJCrane

Groovy…both the interview and the video cover (that would make one funky poster)…but the bit that I fond really interesting (in a trivial/gossipy sort of way) was the bit about Bud and Bill:

"it’s real clear that Bud loves Bill, but that he doesn’t want anything to do with him ever again. And the only thing that I can come up with about this - and I’ve talked to Quentin about it, and Quentin doesn’t answer- is that there’s is no way that this kind of thing could have happened between me and Bud except over a woman."

So anyone have any theories on who the chic could have been?

Bummed. I thought it was anew interview

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=12419

Well, here’s a nice tidbit for everyone. If you haven’t see this, it’s really an interesting film. Though the guy would have you beleive it’s not all that great (it seems that way when you first watch it), it grows on you after you’ve seen is several times. I think his expectations were too high on the martial arts. If Bruce Lee had done the film, it would have been far different. Comparing Bruce Lee’s notes and original the original script idea, they are two different films. Much changes over time.

(@

AJCrane