Cannibal Holocaust

Lots of people ask “where can I get it?”,“Is it worth watching it?”,“Is it gore???”

Well…here’s some info,and discuss the movie here.

http://www.cannibalholocaust.net/

18 + pictures!!!

Here’s a pic of the scene I talked about when they punished that poor girl.

Well, it’s definitely a great film in my opinion, no doubt about it. When I first decided to watch it a long time back, it took me two sittings to make it all the way through. Not really because I was disgusted, but because the hype around the film had me so nervous I was shaking in my boots ;D I just kept wondering “Can I actually sit through the real murder of animals?”, but thankfully I found myself able to deal with the film and from then on I’ve been a part-time fan of Cannibal flicks.

It’s such a powerful film and really isn’t all about shock tactics, well, not completely. There’s a lot of talent behind the film and it shows. Just watch Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox back to back and then tell me which is the better made film. The whole faux-documentary angle really gives the film a dark mood and works extremely well. Great stuff.

As for all the atrocities on display, for me the most disturbing is the murder of that little rat creature (forget what it was exactly) down by the river. I think it was during the sequence with the Professor in the jungle. Anyway, they stabbed through it’s jaw all while the thing was alive and screaming in pain. That scene never gets easier on repeat viewings. The human gore and violence is actually pretty tame if you ask me, albeit the castration scene shown is one of the most realistic put to film. The death scenes for most of the crew just didn’t blow me away. The film did feature one of the most disturbing rape scenes though, when all the guys raped that village girl out in the mud. Something about that scene is just highly disturbing.

Whoa, I’ve never seen the film but it sounds pretty sick, when was it made?

[quote]Whoa, I’ve never seen the film but it sounds pretty sick, when was it made?[/quote]

Released in 1980.

I’ve still never seen it either.

Currently, there’s a Region 0 DVD of this from the Netherlands that’s said to be the best version available. You can try that out if you wish. Grindhouse Releasing (A U.S. company) have had the rights to the film for quite a few years now and have shown it in a few North American theaters, but there’s still no word on a DVD yet.

About a couple years ago, there was a web site (Long gone now) that had a scene-by-scene analysis of the movie (With pics) and as of now, that’s the closest I’ve ever seen of the movie. I remember being a little disturbed by the shots of the giant turtle being torn apart. Wasn’t sure if I would be able to handle watching shit like that. But about a week ago, I watched Africa Addio which has genuine footage of animals and humans getting killed. Elephants and Hippos are among the coolest creatures on earth, but to see them helplessly get ripped to pieces by spears and guns was real difficult to handle. And to hear what Pants had to say about that rat creature bothers me even more.

But I still gotta see this movie just to say that I’ve seen it. It’s always been a goal of mine to see the most extreme movies ever made and CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST has always topped the list.

[quote] has genuine footage of animals and humans getting killed. [/quote]

Huh!? Now that really is pushing the extremes of film.

How in the hell did they get away with torturing animals in Cannibal holocaust? Surely it caused a huge uproar. :-/

[quote]

Huh!? Now that really is pushing the extremes of film.

How in the hell did they get away with torturing animals in Cannibal holocaust? Surely it caused a huge uproar.  :-/
[/quote]

Africa Addio is a documentary.
Cannibal Holocaust is a movie.

Deodato (Director of [b]Holocaust[/b]) said that the animals were later used as food for the natives. But since when does a turtle taste good?

And for the record, the human killing in Africa Addio isn't as graphic as the animal killings.

I might get a chance to check out [b]Cannibal Ferox[/b] pretty soon. Is the "animal snuff" more vicious than the animal killings in [b]Holocaust[/b]? Pants? Bullet?

I want to see this movie

To see if it`s really that bloody

[quote]

Africa Addio is a documentary.

Cannibal Holocaust is a movie.

Deodato (Director of Holocaust) said that the animals were later used as food for the natives. But since when does a turtle taste good?

And for the record, the human killing in Africa Addio isn’t as graphic as the animal killings.

I might get a chance to check out Cannibal Ferox pretty soon. Is the “animal snuff” more vicious than the animal killings in Holocaust? Pants? Bullet?[/quote]

Yeah Cannibal Ferox is worse for the animal killings I think. But’s it’s an all around cheap film to begin with. There’s a scene with a croc and the natives in Ferox that’s pretty fucking intesne, especially with the music to the scene that sends a chill up your spine. It was hailed the most violent movie ever made also I think.

Ruggero went to court for Holocaust, it says in the some versions of the film also, he barely got away with it, he said he’d cut the film and not make anything like it ever again. But about a year later he showed it uncut in some run down cinema and later got charged when someone ratted him out.

Laydback, are you into those Shockumentary’s also?

I wouldn’t let the hype around Cannibal get to me too much LB. If you watched Africa Addio (which I’ve read up on somewhat), I imagine you can handle CH. It’s weird, once you’ve seen some animal butchery you’ve pretty much seen it all. The turtle scene in Holocaust really isn’t that bad in my opinion, yeah, it’s gross but turtles don’t make any sounds. The muskrat (I believe that’s what the animal is) would be the worst for me, and it’s the first in the film. Really, it all adds to the impact of the film. I doubt you’ll be too psychologically scarred afterward :slight_smile:

[quote]
Laydback, are you into those Shockumentary’s also?
[/quote]

Somewhat. It all started when I saw Faces of Death in the mid-80’s. But when all the imitators came out with their fake reinactments, I started to lose interest.

But I am curious to check out one of those Guinea Pig thingies.

Oh yeah Guinea Pig :smiley:

I’ve only seen two and that was Flowers of Flesh and blood and Mermaid in a Manhole. For sickness Mermaid wins that. I mean… It’s probably the grossest movie you’ll ever see, there’s alot of scenes with puke maggots and popping these huge gross zits.

Flowers of Flesh and blood is famous for the Charlie Sheen incident where he saw the film, thought it was real, and called the FBI on it. And I can see why when I watch it. It’s almost on par with Holocaust in sickness.

Faces of death is extreme, is it worse than that? Apart from that is Cannibal Holocaust a good film?

[quote]Faces of death is extreme, is it worse than that? Apart from that is Cannibal Holocaust a good film?[/quote]

Yeah it’s good,it all looks so real…but…it isn’t allthough there are lots of people who say “It’s real!!!” like they did with "Blair witch project"

It’s about the same,camera crew heads into some woods and at the end they die.

[quote]
Yeah Cannibal Ferox is worse for the animal killings I think. But’s it’s an all around cheap film to begin with. [/quote]

You weren’t whistling dixie about this being poorly made, man. I finally saw this about a week ago and just found it so laughable. In fact, there was an easter egg on the Grindhouse dvd that shows footage of an actual screening along with the crowd’s reaction to certain scenes and you could hear nothing but laughter from them. Maybe that wasn’t the director’s intention…Oh well!

But I thought some of the gore effects were pretty well done. The titty-hanging sequence for instance, and the first human gutmunching scene from the cannibals looked good. I loved that killer “Amazon” theme song and it was good to see John Morghan in his over-the-top mode. Check out his commentary on the dvd to see how much he hates this movie. :smiley:

And Pants, sorry If I sound like a baby, but man…That poor turtle. I mean, even though it doesn’t shriek when getting killed, it still was kinda sad to see it struggle to stay alive with what limbs it had left. That managed to be the toughest “animal kill” for me to watch.

But overall, Ferox wasn’t the big shock that I had anticipated. But then again, I didn’t have this held in high regards since there’s no doubt that Holocaust is the one that you should watch that will have you disturbed. I’m wide open to see Holocaust after this mess. But I’m just wondering if I’m ever gonna have the damn opprotunity to do so.

[quote]And Pants, sorry If I sound like a baby, but man…That poor turtle. I mean, even though it doesn’t shriek when getting killed, it still was kinda sad to see it struggle to stay alive with what limbs it had left. That managed to be the toughest “animal kill” for me to watch.

But overall, Ferox wasn’t the big shock that I had anticipated. But then again, I didn’t have this held in high regards since there’s no doubt that Holocaust is the one that you should watch that will have you disturbed. I’m wide open to see Holocaust after this mess. But I’m just wondering if I’m ever gonna have the damn opprotunity to do so.[/quote]
It’s been so long since I seen Ferox, I barely remember the turtle death in it. Don’t really remember it at all to tell the truth, but I do remember the hillarious dialogue during the New York sequence at the beginning ;D Definitely, as far as the ‘shock factor’ goes, Ferox is pretty far down the list. As a film the best part about it is being able to laugh at it. If you were able to sit through Ferox though, Holocaust shouldn’t be too hard. It’ll be more harsh, more brutal and better made, but if you’ve sat through one cannibal film you can make it through pretty much all of them.

Back maybe three or four years ago, I was up in France, and unless I’m wrong…I think I saw some of this movie on TV. There was this naked dirty lookin’ cave-woman, with her legs/some body part tied to something…so she coulden’t get away. And one of her arms was ripped off, like, the rest of the limb just wasn’t there. I was laughing my ass off, because it was just SO FUCKED UP. Anyways, the next scene was this cave-woman was, sort of, being raped by two other cave people.

The thing is, I kind of remember someone saying that it was called “Clan of the Cave Bear”…but I’m not sure. Does anyone know which movie I’m talking about?

“Cannibal Holocaust” is one of my favorite movies of all time. It has just this extreme, suggestive, shocking and powerful atmosphere and style. It is a very intelligent and really groundbreaking film and not a stupid gore mania! For me its the best horror film in common with Kubrick’s “The Shining”, Romero’s “Dawn of the Dead” and Hooper’s “Texas Chainsaw Massacre”.

I’m searching for a DVD since a long time. Where can I get one that is uncut and pretty good in technical things?

[quote]“Cannibal Holocaust” is one of my favorite movies of all time. It has just this extreme, suggestive, shocking and powerful atmosphere and style. It is a very intelligent and really groundbreaking film and not a stupid gore mania! For me its the best horror film in common with Kubrick’s “The Shining”, Romero’s “Dawn of the Dead” and Hooper’s “Texas Chainsaw Massacre”.

I’m searching for a DVD since a long time. Where can I get one that is uncut and pretty good in technical things?[/quote]

No to all of that post.

By the way has anyone seen “SALO”??? I heard of it and it looks realy cruel…

No no no. Don’t buy that piece of shit. Not only is it supposed to be one of the most fuckin disgusting movies of all time, showing scenes of men sodomizing children and having children eat shit, but it’s supposed to be a horrible horrible movie. Unless you’re into stuff like that…