Cannibal Holocaust

Well,I kinda like cruel movies,so I guess I’ll check it out…

Fango has word that an American release of Cannibal Holocaust will arrive early next year. It’s said to be the definitive edition, but we’ll see.

[quote=“Inglorious_Bastard”]How in the hell did they get away with torturing animals in Cannibal holocaust?[/quote]

They didn’t. The director Ruggero Deodato had to go to court for it, and some claim he also went to jail. But I’ve never been a 100% on that one.

Region 1 release finally announced:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Account Suspended … e&sid=2603”>Account Suspended</LINK_TEXT>

I finally saw the movie BTW

[quote]Here they are, flesh-eaters. Dread Central has had the good fortune of being handed the official specs for Grindhouse Releasing and Ryko Distribution’s 25th Anniversary Cannibal Holocaust DVD a bit early. This labor of love is set to street October 25th from Grindhouse Releasing (the cats who resurrected The Beyond a few years back) and Ryko Distribution.

Years in the making and an arduous task to bring to DVD in and of itself, this deluxe edition will be limited to 11,111 copies. Fully restored with a hi-def anamorphic widescreen transfer, expect a new digital stereo re-mix, but if you want to go old school, a mono track will be available as well.

Extras will include a commentary with director Ruggero Deodato and Holocaust star Robert Kerman; the original shooting script; extensive liner notes by grue enthusiast and journalist Chas Balun; on-camera interviews with Deodato, Kerman, composer Riz Ortolani, and Holocaust co-star Gabriel Yorke (in an interview conducted by none other than Feast’s John Gulager); trailers; still galleries; and last but not least, The Making of Cannibal Holocaust, an hour-long Italian documentary that promises rare footage from Deodato’s production.

That’s not all…

“‘Cannibal Holocaust’ will be coming back to theaters at the same time it hits DVD,” confirms Grindhouse’s David Szulkin. “We’ve always been committed to showing our movies on the big screen. There’s no substitute for that experience, and this film is one of our highest-grossing titles in every sense of the term.”[/quote]

ive only got it burned, never saw it at the shop

i love it, its great, really great, italians will forever be the godfathers of gore, forget about the japanese or the americans, italy is where its at

Jungle Holocaust is excellent aswell, gore films touch me like nothings touched me, they make me feel good for some crazy reason, i feel releaved

I’ve got it burned too. With French audio to boot too! ??? But I did get to hear what the english dialogue was thanks to a rental via netflix. The transfer, however, on the netflix copy was horrendous. I’ll be curious to see how this Grindhouse release looks–and sounds.

Yo Johny, you can order it at www.freerecordshop.be for €25,-. I bought mine a few months back at the Dutch site for €12,-, but they don’t have it anymore.

And I saw a sequel is coming out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0483583/