Call me crazy but I still wanna hear your feedback

I just SAW IT AGAIN!

and it fuckin rocked. there were about 40 people in the auditorium, and everyone had a good time. Viva El Grindhouse!

Thats so awesome you got to see it again. Cant wait for the DVD!

24th I’ll be seeing it in its extended glory. Can’t wait.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
I just SAW IT AGAIN!

and it fuckin rocked. there were about 40 people in the auditorium, and everyone had a good time. Viva El Grindhouse!
[/quote]

let me search for my old comments (posted after each viewing)… here:

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:54 am

Death Proof - 4,5/5

Very enjoyable first 90 minutes. The last 26 is jaw dropping. Gonna see this again when it comes to my hometown.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:47 pm

Death Proof - 4,5/5

Second viewing, and just as good as the last time. The first half is very enjoyable but the second is undeniably better. Those girls are just so much fun to hang around with. You almost wish the action wouldn’t start so soon. And when it does… lets just say Tarantino shows the new age posers how to direct real car movie…

Jun 16, 2007 11:08 pm

Death Proof - 4,5/5

This movie mother fuckin’ owns. Third viewing, and more enjoyable than ever (and I quite liked it before, as the old ratings suggest). I never knew american girls could be this much fun, lol. And the b/w scene I was talking about in the other thread; definitely my second favourite scene in the film. I don’t even want to see the Grindhouse cut now as it’s missing that scene.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:27 pm

Death Proof - 5/5

I like this movie.

Nice! 8)

The theatre owner started laughing when he saw me for the third time within a week ;D

do you live in a 10 people town? haha

for the first time, I saw the extended intro, because last time I got in late…

the extended cut is still missing the “did somebody die?” question by zoe, which I thought was cool

[quote=“Sebastian”]
[/quote]

36 000 (but only 10 of them go to movies ;D). I’ve moved to another town since, though.

[quote=“Sebastian”]

for the first time, I saw the extended intro, because last time I got in late…

the extended cut is still missing the “did somebody die?” question by zoe, which I thought was cool
[/quote]

omg, Zoe actually says that in the US-cut?? After she goes bak to the car and Kim is crying? That sounds lame.

No she says: “Who died?” while Kim and Abby are still in shock. The crowd all laughed when I saw it too. I really liked that!

Havent seen the extended cut yet.

I have watched the DVD. Awesome. But I did like the “Who died” thing which they didn’t have on the extended version.

Oh and since I seen it early because of me working at a rental store, I only got to saw what was on the 1st disc, so…

Movie to movie, I love watching Grindhouse in the theatres, but this extended Death Proof is awesome by itself.

To everybody who has seen both cuts: Is there anything more that was NOT in the extended euro-cut, but was in the US Grindhouse cut?

Because I want there to be a definite version (cut) of Death Proof. I would hate the idea that I’m seeing the extended cut but missing little bits from the US-cut, even if i own that one too (which i will)

well the “who died?” is missing, so go hang yourself, haha.

also, as I’ve repeatedly stated, I think the version I saw in Germany and Switzerland might be slightly cut (violencewise), or let’s say “toned down”, but I can’t say for sure, I just think it might be.

anyone else think that Pam’s begging in Mike’s car is different in the xtd. cut?

Well, here’s Pam begging Stuntman Mike to be let out.

Theatrical Version:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEHd-BCk29o

DVD Version:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVFtT_Nxh2Q

That really IS Pam Greer!!!

:o

Mystery solved!

[quote=“Chingón”]
Well, here’s Pam begging Stuntman Mike to be let out.

Theatrical Version:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEHd-BCk29o

DVD Version:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVFtT_Nxh2Q
[/quote]

this scene: DVD Version = extended cut. as expected.

Death Proof is the only movie that gets better as I watch it, very soon its going to be one of my favorite all time movies.

I think that DP might be the most “cultish” of all of QTs films. It hasa unique quality his other films dont have.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
The theatre owner started laughing when he saw me for the third time within a week ;D
[/quote]

same with me! he saw me 3 times the first week (and twice the first day)!

I kept my word by saying that I wouldn’t rank Death Proof with QT’s other movies untill I saw the extended cut. Well, after my 2nd viewing of the extended cut, I’m here to say that DP has now busted into my top 3-favorites of his works.

Reasons? Okay. What I love most about Jackie Brown are the hang-out sequences (Which mostly involve scenes taking place at a bar) and the hang-out sequences in DP now rank among my most enjoyable to watch. And while some would say that girl group #1 were b!tches, thanks to added footage, they now have become much more interesting b!tches to watch! And for girl group #2, it was comforting to see a bit more grand entrances for Lee and Abby. Not to mention, how consistent Mike’s been on stalking these guys (Thanks to the B&W sequence)

And the car chase sequences still haven’t lost no re-watchability whatsoever. I’m just been getting great sound-system workouts on those roaring engines!

It’s true that Death Proof now seems to already get better and better.