Bud's Demise and other things (SPOILERS NATURALLY)

This is for those who’ve seen Vol. 2 of course:

What did you guys think about the way Bud died (Elle killing him and not the Bride)

The thing is i have mixed feelings about it. It was done exceptionally well and fits with Elle’s character perfectly but did anyone else feel a bit of injustice done on the whole concept of the revenge when Bud should have died from Beatrix? The only cool thing i guess is that he died from a bite of a Black Mamba which in a way is Uma killing him but still. I also loved Bud’s character and didn’t want to see him die like that.

Another thing: How come the Black Mamba didn’t attack Elle after Bud died, when she was shuffling the money back in the case and calling Bill? I know that the only snake not scared to attack is the Black Mamba. So how come?

Another thing: what did you think about Elle’s demise? Specifically, the really corny/totally gross touch by QT when Uma dropped her eye on the floor and squashed it with her bare foot? A tad bit too much?

Dont get me wrong. I loved this movie. But it was a totally different experience than Vol. 1

JW

The eye squish was great. Exploitation gold.

And yes, a lot of us were sad after reading the script about Budd getting killed by Elle, but we’ve already accepted it and moved on. I now prefer the way it happened than to see Madsen try to handle a samurai sword.

It’s cool if you speak for everyone.

Why didnt the Black Mamba attack Elle? this still remains unanswered.

I think i would of loved to see Madsen handle the sword. WHy do you prefer it this way now?

JW

At first I didn’t like the way Budd got it, but after seeing it a second time I appreciated the fact that it was an interesting surprise in the plot (for those who hadn’t read the script).

And I agree with whoever said it’s better then seeing Madsen handle a sword. That probably would have been awful.

As far as the snake not attacking Elle (which we aren’t even sure of) it could be said that she may have ‘trained’ (bad word) it not to attack her, which isn’t entirely believable, but is possible.

I think that was for the best. That turn of events is really surprising, and from a writing viewpoint, I don’t think the Bride could have redeemed herself from killing a character as sympathetic as Budd, particularly as she already has one strike against her for killing Vernita in front of her own daughter.

That, and I find it very ironic that the one and in all probability, only man who wanted to atone for his sins at the end of her sword (though that didn’t stop him from putting up a fight) was the one who wasn’t killed by the Bride.

I totally didn’t expect that there was a snake in the suitcase, I thought maybe some fake money or something, but a snake… And I loved it how Elle was saying her notes about the poison from a Black Mamba and shit.

How could she ‘trained’ the snake, didn’t she bought it a day before she went to Budd? Sorry, if I’m wrong.

I think Bill was somewhat remorseful.

She didn’t train the snake. I don’t know how she got it in that briefcase (probably drugged it and then put it in and stacked the money on top of it), but in the original script it attacks her and she cuts it in two. I’m just going to go out on a limb and say it was defending itself when it attacked Budd, but simply slithered off to hide after it got free.

Oh, and I don’t think Bill was remorseful at all. He loved the Bride, and really did want her to come out on top. However, that doesn’t mean he was sorry.

I like how Budd died. After all, it is kind of the brides fault, because it’s her sword that Budd’s selling. Had she not shown up, Elle wouldn’t have killed him.

The black mamba didn’t attack Elle because it had no reason to. It says it slithers under the refrigerator in the script so thats what i assume it does. it just wants to get away from these people. That’s what all animals are like.

Elle’s death was AWESOME. As for the foot squashing it, yeah, it was a bit excessive and i personally wouldnt have shown it, but i dont really care.

I liked the eyeball getting squished. It got some laughs and some “ewwwws!” from the audience which was cool.

[quote]She didn’t train the snake.  I don’t know how she got it in that briefcase (probably drugged it and then put it in and stacked the money on top of it), but in the original script it attacks her and she cuts it in two.  I’m just going to go out on a limb and say it was defending itself when it attacked Budd, but simply slithered off to hide after it got free.

Oh, and I don’t think Bill was remorseful at all.  He loved the Bride, and really did want her to come out on top.  However, that doesn’t mean he was sorry.  [/quote]
Yes, Itotally agree. And as far as Budd vs. Bride swordfight thing, I don’t really think so, remember in the beginning where Bills asking something like " Have you kept up with your sword training?" and Budd says no. So if there was a fight scene, Budd would get sliced and diced cuz of Beatrix.

READ BETWEEN THE LINES. Budd was killed by a Deady viper, namely a Black Mamba. You do the math.

Elle’s original death was Shogun Assassin inspired, it was also sampled on “GZA/Genius - Liquid Swords” song “I Gotcha Back”

[quote]Your, tech, nique, is, mag-ni-ficent

When cut across the neck

A sound like wailing winter winds is heard, they say

I’d always hoped to cut someone like that someday

To hear that sound

But to have it happen to my own neck is… ridiculous

{man gasps for air }

{rolls down the sand}[/quote]

same as in script

i wish they could have shown some of Budd at the top of his game. he just kinda seemed useless to the movie. i mean like there was a whole chapter based on the origin of o-ren yet what does budd have? or elle? i was kinda disappointed with that

[quote]She didn’t train the snake.  I don’t know how she got it in that briefcase (probably drugged it and then put it in and stacked the money on top of it), but in the original script it attacks her and she cuts it in two.  I’m just going to go out on a limb and say it was defending itself when it attacked Budd, but simply slithered off to hide after it got free.

Oh, and I don’t think Bill was remorseful at all.  He loved the Bride, and really did want her to come out on top.  However, that doesn’t mean he was sorry.  [/quote]
I disagree on the Bill bit. Mainly because when he tells B.B. he knew what was going to happen when he shot Beatrice, but he didn’t expect to feel sad. And he admits to being “a real bad daddy” which I think is a sign of a heavy conscience.

[quote]i wish they could have shown some of Budd at the top of his game. he just kinda seemed useless to the movie. i mean like there was a whole chapter based on the origin of o-ren yet what does budd have? or elle? i was kinda disappointed with that[/quote]
Yeah, or even Vernita? She was on for like 10 minutes!!

[quote]READ BETWEEN THE LINES.  Budd was killed by a Deady viper, namely a Black Mamba.  You do the math.[/quote]
Was that directed at me?

first post, hi all

I think budds death was alright, though i would have liked to see a lil more fighting between him and The Bride

As far as the snake not attacking Elle… while the Black Mamba may be more aggresive, it could have slithered off to another part of the trailer… and he do see it his at Uma so we know its still there…

What im wondering about is the fate of Elle… does she actually die? if i remember correctly shes still flipping out and screaming when Uma leaves… if thats the case then she, while in very bad shape, stranded and blind in the middle of the desert with a deadly animal, she could have still survived.

If thats the case I find it interesting that the bride chose not to kill her…

[quote]first post, hi all

I think budds death was alright, though i would have liked to see a lil more fighting between him and The Bride

As far as the snake not attacking Elle… while the Black Mamba may be more aggresive, it could have slithered off to another part of the trailer… and he do see it his at Uma so we know its still there…

What im wondering about is the fate of Elle… does she actually die? if i remember correctly shes still flipping out and screaming when Uma leaves… if thats the case then she, while in very bad shape, stranded and blind in the middle of the desert with a deadly animal, she could have still survived.

If thats the case I find it interesting that the bride chose not to kill her… [/quote]
I still have hope that she survives. Come on! Elle has her cell phone!! Beatrix didn’t see it! So she must have it!! oh and why did Bea kill Elle, in the beginning of vol.1 to vernita green, “If u think I’m gonna murder you infront of your daughter you can relax for now.” It’s her code of honor as a warrior.

Budd was put into this movie for effect. If you ever decide to fuck-over a prenant assassin on her wedding day, and you’re an out of shape alcoholic who pawned off a Hattori Hanzo sword for a measley $250, prepare to die. No second chances. You lose.

They put Vernita in because she was a minority. Quentin, you’re a bad bad man. :-X