Does anyone else think that Budd is a good guy? I think he is. There’s no real evidence that he’s still bad. There is however a lot of evidence that he’s good.
- “That woman deserves her revenge and we deserve to die.”
- When his boss is yelling at him, I thought Budd was going to kill him but he doesn’t.
- He shoots the Bride with rock salt so that she doesn’t die.
- He buries the Bride with a flashlight and in a cheap wooden box. He knows that she was trained by Pai Mei and knows that there is a chance she could escape.
- He tries to get rid of the Bride’s sword so that she stops killing.
- He gave up the life of a millionaire assassin.
Here are some other interesting facts:
- The Bride isn’t the one who kills him. The real “bad guy,” Elle Driver, kills him.
- He is the only one out of everyone who actually beats her and has the perfect opportunity to kill her. Sort of like that saying, "good triumphs over evil."
I just think that the evil things that he does do to the Bride is really just Budd defending himself. He really is a good guy.
Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?