Brian de palma

De Palma the suspense master and director of classics like Body Double,Dressed To Kill, Carie,Sister,Raising Cain or the Untouchables and Scarface

just happens to be one of QT´s fave directors and a source of inspiration for him(just check out the split screen hospital scene in Kill Bill Vol 1)

So with this thread i´m hoping to get in touch with other De Palma fans in the forum as well as providing a platform for De Plma fans.

De-mented,De-ranged,De-Palma

w00t. He finally gets his own thread.

Yeah, 4 years ago:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p … 187.0.html”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,187.0.html</LINK_TEXT>

Depalma’s cool, I actually like Femme Fatale and Snake Eyes, of which I seem to be in the vast minority…

I like Snake Eyes also.

Huh, I searched for ‘de palma’ and this is the only thread that came up.

I’ve seen The Fury, Scarface, Carlito’s Way, The Untouchables, Femme Fatale, Mission Impossible and Snake Eyes and i enjoyed everyone of them. DePalma’s got a great style.

Did you like the ending of Femme Fatale? I liked the movie so much but the ending was so bad, it’s one of the few endings that really spoiled the movie for me a bit. The next time I watch it I’ll stop it after the scene at the bridge.

Anyone else keen for capone rising? gerade butler AKA King leonidas (300) is playing Jimmy Malone. Im also hoping that if Cage doesn’t do it then James Gandolfini goes in for the title role of Al Capone i know its not gonna be in the movie but imagine Gandolfini doing the bat scene it would be sweet!

I"m actually the opposite, I don’t think I would have like Femme Fatale as much if it wasn’t for the ending… which is odd, because normally I would not care for that kind of ending at all, but I felt Depalma pulled it off well enough.

I’m looking forward to Capone Rising. I really wanted a sequel, that told Ness’ hunt of the Cleveland Torso Murderer, but still, could be good.

[quote=“mr blonde_22”]
Anyone else keen for capone rising? gerade butler AKA King leonidas (300) is playing Jimmy Malone. Im also hoping that if Cage doesn’t do it then James Gandolfini goes in for the title role of Al Capone i know its not gonna be in the movie but imagine Gandolfini doing the bat scene it would be sweet!
[/quote]

That’d be sweet but isn’t Capone gonna be younger? I can’t see him playing a young Capone.

yeah thats the only downer, im not sure what years its gonna cover but that would be a prob if they cast cage as well, oh well gonna find out soon enought anyway

he is mainly a good director but i really dident like The Untouchables.

:o

What is your favorite De Palma film?

Scarface

That was a dumb question :stuck_out_tongue:

De Palma has made a lot of great films, it’s hard to choose…

and Casualties of War i dident like just because Michael J. Fox was in it.

[quote=“Jack Rabbit Slim”]
That was a dumb question :stuck_out_tongue:

De Palma has made a lot of great films, it’s hard to choose…
[/quote]

yes but his best film is scarface.

It’s debatable :wink:

Yeah I didn’t really like Casualties of War…although great acting by Sean Penn.

yea sean penn is great.

casualties of war if great you want to dident a depalma film? try bonfire of the vanities…