Animated Movies-Discussion (NO Anime)

You know you have them. They can be pretty much any film that was animated that you enjoyed—I guess CGI counts too.

------------------------

We moved this topic to the gerne board. Please read Dicemans post:
[quote][size=140]Here you can talk about animated movies in general, european stuff and films from the US, Disney-movies and pure-CGI-features like “Toy Story”, whatever. If you feel the need to discuss a movie seperately, open a new thread in the non-QT-Section or use the search function, if one is already in existence[/size][/quote]

• cps

Toy Story

Ninja Scroll

The Jungle Book

Heavy Metal

Batman:Mask of the Phantasm

Perfect Blue

Fantasia/Fantaisa 2000

Wicked City

Coonskin

The Animatrix

to name a few

Fav. Disney movie: Beauty & The Beast

Fav. computer-animated movie: Shrek

Fav. anime: Grave of the Fireflies

Animatrix

A Bug’s Life

Monster’s Inc

Aladdin

Toy Story one and two

Shrek

South Park: BL and Uncut (how could you guys forget this one?!?)

heavy metal, by far

Ninja Scroll has sweeeeeeeeeeeeet action

A Bug’s Life, Just because i love seven samurai

Finding Nemo is funnier than shit

Akira, because it’s fucked up and by fucked up i mean fucked up

Rejected. If you haven’t seen rejected, buy it, steal it, download it (which is basically all you can do for now), kill, whatever you have to. It’s that funny. I’m thinking of buying it on DVD, but it’s only like ten minutes long. Kind of a waste of cash.

Animatrix, because it’s better than reloaded and revolutions combined, but then again, so is Gigli.

whoa, whoa, time out, Green Bay. You’re comparing Matrix 2 and 3 to Gigli??? I get your point that you didn’t like the Matrix sequels, but…[b]GIGLI[/b]?!?!

Especially sence 3 was better then gilli, even though I haven’t seen Gilli. And 2 was fuckin’ bad ass.

Yeah, Matrix 2 and 3 were fucking awesome except for the dissapointing ending. The ending bothered me, thats all/

The last two Matrix movies stunk, but I haven’t seen Gigli yet, so I can’t compare. My biggest gripe with the franchise is that, despite the increase in the back story of Zion and “the One”, Revolutions takes us practically back to where the first movie left off. And, at least the first one seemed more cool and optimistic.

I’m sorry guys, that was below the belt. However, they weren’t good movies. In reloaded the action was cool in some parts, but the movie sucked. I realized this after buying it, sadly. Revolutions was terrible. I couldn’t wait for it to end. And then, the end was the worst part. no good action, stupid story, ruined the world. Yes, you heard me right. Ruined the world.

BTW, if you really liked the matrix sequels, feel free to put them on your favorite animated movies list. Cuz, that’s basically what they are. They aren’t all animated, but Sponge Bob Square Pants is technically animated, even though it has a picture of something real once every six or seven episodes. I’d say those ratios are about even.

The second Matrix was had a halfway decent story, flowed well, but had shitty acting. But the Action was cool. Almost everything about the 3rd movie sucked though. But I agree, you might as well put the last two along with your animated movie list…if you even liked the new ones.

NEW FAVORIT ANIMATED MOVIE.

-The emperor’s new groove forgot to add that one, DAVID SPADE !!!RULESS!!!

The Incredibles looks really good. The animation is the best yet. Go to pixar.com to see the teaser. It’s funny. The humans look really fake, but really good at the same time.

i remember seeing ‘fist of the north star’ on video once when i was a lad, havent seen it again since then (apparently the video has dissapeared off the face of the earth). but as a kid, i remember thinking it was the coolest thing i had ever seen, itd probabaly suck now if i saw it again.

haha, rejected kicks ass. I love that shit.

I went to a Korn concert abour 4 years ago and they had this Spike and Mikes Sick and Twisted animation Festival between Staind’s and Korn’s sets. It was really reallly funny and gross.

[quote]i remember seeing ‘fist of the north star’ on video once when i was a lad, havent seen it again since then (apparently the video has dissapeared off the face of the earth). but as a kid, i remember thinking it was the coolest thing i had ever seen, itd probabaly suck now if i saw it again.[/quote]
Well, I never saw it as a kid, but damn do I love it now! Gory, Cheesy and as badass as they come. There’s basically no plot, just watch as Ken and Rei cut people up into pieces with their hands and make heads explode. I highly reccomend it.

Also, Rejected is brilliant, agreed. I would go into a little anime thing, but I recall doing it once not too far back in a very similar topic. My favorite animated movie would probably be Vampire Hunter D though. Just my personal choice.

I have lots. (of course–I’m the one who made the thread!)

Rejected definately was hysterical. (I’m a consumer whore! And how!)

Then we got yer basic…Lion King, Anastasia, Cat’s Don’t Dance, Balto, An American Tale (1 and 2), Aladdin, The Animatrix, South Park, and Akira.

[quote]I have lots. (of course–I’m the one who made the thread!)

Rejected definately was hysterical. (I’m a consumer whore! And how!)
[/quote]
That’s funny, every girl that i’ve talked to says that the funniest part was the part you just mentioned, and every guy i’ve talked to loves the anus bleeding, eye exploding, and large spoon. That’s weird.

Don’t get me wrong—I thought every part of it was great. The anus bleeding scene was fantastic because of the music in the background, that quote was just the first thing I thought of. Damn, i haven’t seen that in a while. I should go download it again.

The Great Mouse Detective for me.

Monsters Inc. Is my runner up.