A FEW THINGS FROM THE MAN (Kill Bill screening)

Alex Ward, former Inofficial Kill Bill Fansite webmaster, attended a special Kill Bill screening yesterday, where Tarantino talked a bit.

Here are some things he remembered:

AlexMWard: he explained, for example, why hattori hanzo no longer makes swords… he says that Bill was once his student, and hattori loved him like a son, but he soon realized that bill was moving toward evil and when bill became completely corrupt, hattori knew he had to kill bill, but couldn’t – because he still loved him like a son, to make up for his inactivity, he decided to just quit making weapons all together, and that’s why he is willing to make one for the bride – so she can do what he was unable to do

AlexMWard: someone also asked him about vega brothers, and he was like – “I didnt think I was going to do it, but now I’m not so sure. I thought it was too late and that the actors were getting too old, but then I figured out a way around that, but I’m not gonna tell you what that way is…”

AlexMWard: so vega brothers is back as a “maybe”

tarantino.info: make way for the “vega brothers animated series”

tarantino.info: “featuring the original voices by Michael Madsen and John travolta”

AlexMWard: he said he is definitely working on inglorious bastards and that he plans on using some contemporary music like a rap song

tarantino.info: yuck

AlexMWard: he said that he rap songs picked out for it… sooooo yah. he also said that he is definitely thinking about making another Bride movie in a few years about nikki getting her revenge

AlexMWard: and he talked endlessly about the influences in the film. he is still editing volume 2. he said he has the first 40 minutes all done

AlexMWard: when it was over he said “a movie theater is a sacred place, I don’t sign SHIT here”. he said “when i was writing this, I thought – if uma was laying in a bed for four years in some hospital, people would be fucking her!!” that was his explanation for the rape stuff. then he started joking “I used to do the same thing, back in my truck driving days… best piece of pussy I ever got, strangely enough!”

[quote]
AlexMWard: he said he is definitely working on inglorious bastards and that he plans on using some contemporary music like a rap song

tarantino.info: yuck

AlexMWard: he said that he rap songs picked out for it… sooooo yah. [/quote]

‘Yuck’ is right. Let’s hope he get’s a second opinion on that.

But, if you think about it, rap music can be successfully used satirically and ironically (i.e. Office Space).

Personally, I hope he stays true to his style instead of venturing off into mainstream hip-hop.

Wasn’t Inglorious Bastards supposed to take place during the second world war? As far as I know, they didn’t have to much rap back then…

there is a discussion on the rap thing in the inglorious bastards news section…Well I’ve got faith in the man…and wont bash his ideas for using rap immediately because I dont know how exactly he’s going to use rap in his movie…

QT makes movies that are from the movie movie universe…so he doesnt have to stick to real life rules like rap not being invented…

I guess I was wrong about the rap thing. We’ll see how it’ll come about, it’s too early to talk. The Hattori Hanzo background is quite cool. And it would be cool to see the saga continue with Nikki in the lead a few years from now  8).  “Kill the Bride”.  :slight_smile:

Vega Brothers Anime movie? I can handle that I think. Its better than a live action-pot belly, wrinkled reality. Thats for damn sure!

LMAO @ Rap music in Bastards: tarantino.info: YUCK.

That was CLASSIC!

All I gotta say is whatever music QT puts in Bastards be it Rap, Classical, Funk, Punk, Salsa, Zydeco, Blues, YANNI, I’ll be there with my bucket o popcorn ready to have fun like always. Cuz I KNOW QT is a mad genius of cinema who will use that hip hop perfectly in a scene!

BELEE DAT!! :slight_smile:

[quote]

But, if you think about it, rap music can be successfully used satirically and ironically (i.e. Office Space).

[/quote]

That’s exactly what I’m talking about!

Ugh. Well, it looks like the whole rap thing is an inevitability now. The rest really isn’t news.

Hatoari Hanzo - yeah, I at least gleaned all that from his conversations with the Bride, and was confirmed whenever he writes Bill’s name on the window.

Vega Bros - Michael Madsen’s already been saying the same thing for a couple months now. I still doubt QT get around to it, live action or anime. He’s gonna have his hands full with Inglorious Bastards and that Airplane flick for the next decade, AT LEAST.

The Bride getting raped - wouldn’t YOU fuck Uma Thurman given half a chance whether she’s concious or not?

[quote]
The Bride getting raped - wouldn’t YOU fuck Uma Thurman given half a chance whether she’s concious or not?   [/quote]

Shit, there are some potential rapists around here; it’s quite disturbing. And you’re gonna scare away the few chicks who are on this board >:(.

Count me as a rapist t0o, cause I’d bang the motherfucking shit outta Uma.

damn, raping? wtf guys? ok uma is hot, but rape? fucking sick…

imagine yourself in a coma and zed and his buddies coming over to have a party…

I would kill them :o

[quote]I would kill  them  :o[/quote]
No, you’d be unconscious and would have to just lie there and take it.

and just hope there will be a blood-sucking mosquito around to save the day, and wake you from that coma…

[quote]QT makes movies that are from the movie movie universe…so he doesnt have to stick to real life rules like rap not being invented…[/quote]

Doesn’t really matter. As long as the rap track isn’t source music.

Don’t worry about Quentin Tarantino using rap music for Inglorious Bastards he knows what he’s doing :slight_smile:.

I wouldn’t wanna rape Uma Thurman that’s sick and wrong >:(.

i personally think its be great if QT started busting out “momma said knock you out” in a quick battle sequnce

[quote]

Shit, there are some potential rapists around here; it’s quite disturbing. And you’re gonna scare away the few chicks who are on this board >:(.
[/quote]

Well, then I’m in good company, because QT was the one who thought of the idea and actually DWELLED on it long enough to put it into the KB script in much more graphic form than appeared in the theatrical release.

[quote]Count me as a rapist t0o, cause I’d bang the motherfucking shit outta Uma.[/quote]

Uma would be proud of her fans.