80's Movies

What’s everyone’s favorite films from the 80’s? Kinda lame, but I dig alot of John Hughes movies and the Brat Pack. I never lived in the 80’s, but I like the movies and music just because it seemed like a fun time. BTW, hi to everyone that remembers me, i’m back I lost my password forever, but i’m sure nobody remembers me.

John Hughes is great, one of the king of comedies, The Breakfast Club is amazing, Kevin Smith got his style from him

but i think theres a favorite 80’s flick thread allready somewhere

oops sorry

seeing it’s Christmas and all, you are forgiven!

I have a few

The Breakfast Club

Stand By Me

The Goonies

Scarface

Back To The Future 1&2

http://www.fast-rewind.com/

Great nostalgia site! 8)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, bring out THE UNDEAD!!!

Heathers is a great 80s flick. One of my favourites.

1. Halloween

2. Revenge of the Nerds

3. 16 Candles

4. Back to the Future

5. Top Gun

6. Fast Times at Ridgemont High

7. Beverly Hills Cop

8. The Breakfast Club

9. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

10.Any Arnold Movie: The Terminator, Predator, The Running Man, Commando, Total Recall(get your ass to mars, get your ass to mars, get your ass to mars, get your ass to mars, get your ass to mars…)

Halloween came out in the late 70’s.

Personally I think there won’t be another decade quite like the eighties. Some people hate that frame of time, due to its extreme cheesiness in terms of music, in fashion and in most of its movies. But that’s what I precisely love about it. That and the fact that I spent all of my childhood days in the eighties. Any time I watch an 80s movie is a trip down memory lane.

You’re right. Halloween came out in 1978 - it’s hard to believe that it’s been that long. I also liked all of the John Candy movies. There could be a whole thread about them.

1. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
  2. Uncle Buck
  3. The Great Outdoors
  4. Nothing But Trouble

If you haven’t seen Nothing But Trouble, you need to. Dan Akyroid and John Candy did this a long time before Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall copied the idea of playing multiple characters in Coming to America, although Coming to America was much funnier. “Sexual Chocolate”

I love the 80’s. Especially the crappy 80’s movie soundtracks. Jesus Christ, some of the stuff is so bad it’s brilliant!

But usually…if the score has a saxaphone in it, I’m hooked anyhow.

Without John Hughes there would be no 80s teen genre.

Some of my favorite 80s films aka The Stuff I Grew Up On (no particular order):

Dressed To Kill, First Blood 1 and 2, Escape From NY, The Thing, Christine, Blade Runner, King of Comedy, Repo Man, Remo Williams, Wall Street, Midnight Run, every John Hughes scripted/directed film from the decade, Scarface, Teen Wolf, Conan, Fatal Attraction, Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom, Less Than Zero, Friday The 13th 1-5, Tougher Than Leather, Back To The Future, Breakin/Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo, The Lost Boys, Monster Squad, The Last Dragon, Bloodsport, Enter The Ninja, Missing In Action, Invasion USA, Predator, Terminator, The Exterminator films, Sleepaway Camp, Gremlins, Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan, Rocky 3 & 4, Lifeforce, The Color of Money, The Untouchables, Last Temptation of Christ, To Live and Die in LA, Fright Night, Broadway Danny Rose, Once Upon A Time In America, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, Cobra, Maximum Overdrive, The Burning, Psycho 2, Flashdance, F/X, At Close Range, TAPS, The Stepfather, The Goonies, Easy Money, Used Cars, Back To School, Pee Wees Big Adventure, Batman, Poltergeist, Twilight Zone: The Movie, Stripes, The Road Warrior, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Commando, 48 Hours, Beverly Hills Cop and many more.

1. Revenge of the Nerds

"I have a date tonight"

“are you going to get into her pants?”

“she’s not that kind of girl!”

“why…does she have a penis?”

Breakfast Club(my favorite 80s movie)

"Well, well. Here we are. You have exactly eight hours and fifty-four minutes to think about why you’re here. You may not talk, you will not move from these seats. Any questions?

“Yeah. Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?”

I hate the Breakfast Club. I can’t stand that movie.

My favorite 80’s films… Escape From New York, Blade Runner, Scarface, Once Upon A Time In America, any Bond film and The Terminator.

The Breakfast Club’s script is one of the best examples of geniusly written comedic dialogue. I’ve seen alot of films, but I’m still highly impressed at how goddamn good JH wrote that thing.

Never said it wasn’t good, but I don’t like it. I can see why people do though.

[quote=“Spook”]
I have a few

The Breakfast Club

Stand By Me

The Goonies

Scarface

Back To The Future 1&2

[/quote]

nice list :smiley: