Rolling Thunder Pictures

[quote]You can’t deny the power of the scene where the dog eats the shit out of the blind woman. That even had me jumpin[/quote]

I laughed my ass off when i saw that. Well, then again i was pretty baked.

i am gonna buy sonatine at www.asianfilmnetwork.com but its a german company, so no english subtitles for y’all.

besides, Chungking Express is down to 9,99 dollars at amazon.com, fucking buy it now. that movie is so damn awesome

Sonatine gets re-released here in November around the same time as Kitano’s Zatoichi. I don’t know if any changes have been made.

[quote=“Laydback”]
Sonatine gets re-released here in November around the same time as Kitano’s Zatoichi. I don’t know if any changes have been made.
[/quote]

from what I’ve read its the same disc, just in the other packaging unfortunately, that means. non anamorphic widescreen, and no extras.

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
hello there. although I think RTP is practically dead or something (website dead, no new releases, no infos), there is still an ammount of RTP releases available for sale.

I would be interested in which ones you own, how good they are etc…

some examples: Sonatine VHS, The Beyond DVD, Switchblade Sisters DVD, Chungking Express VHS, Curdled VHS, The mighty Peking man DVD, Detroit 9000 DVD, Hard Core Logo DVD
[/quote]

[b][b][color=Blue][size=100]The movies you listed, are these the only ones that are released in the US by RTP, where can I find a complete list? I tried searching online for a website but found nothing. I'm intereseted in watching some of the films, so if someone can provide with a link, I would greatly appreciate it.

BTW I saw switchblade sisters, and well I didn't think much of it, low budget but an OK movie IMHO. THIS FUCKEN SITE ROCKS![/size][/b]
[/b]

this is the complete list:

Cool Thanks. ;D

I wish he would put out: Ms.45,Rolling thunder,dismember mama these movies I have been dying to see for a long time now

ms 45 is available on dvd:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ … tintar-20/”>Amazon.com</LINK_TEXT>

you can get rolling thunder from blvdducinema.com as a bootleg with watchable quality

yeah I read that the ms.45 is not uncut but whatever I’ll buy It

Im gonna buy from ebay Its the only way you should buy.

[quote=“The Seb”]

you can get rolling thunder from blvdducinema.com as a bootleg with watchable quality
[/quote]

I downloaded a nice bootleg the other day.

Just wondering should I buy the rolling thunder dvd or vhs cause Im sure the dvd has no extras at all anyway?

no. its nothing more than a good bootleg, but the best thing you can get, except maybe your favorite tv channel sends in sparkling widescreen

The chinese boxer would be perfect for rolling thunder pictures. Ive been dying to see It for sometime now but cant seem to find It(other than burnt and bootleg copies) Also Quentin Tarantino talked about how much he loved the film.

[quote=“rollingthunder”]
The chinese boxer would be perfect for rolling thunder pictures. Ive been dying to see It for sometime now but cant seem to find It(other than burnt and bootleg copies) Also Quentin Tarantino talked about how much he loved the film.
[/quote]

There’s a remastered HK release (with very poor remixed audio) by Celestial / IVL and a great french release by Wild Side Video. And since Both Dragon Dynasty and Image Entertainment will start releasing Shaw Bros. films soon, there’s hope for R1 release too. I don’t know, but I’d assume Miramax has the rights for The Chinese Boxer.

The Chinese Boxer is my favorite kung fu film! I have the Region 3 DVD of it.

Yeah I’ll probably wait for Dragon Dynasty to release It, cant wait.

Can’t find details about the extras of the Rolling Thunder DVDs. I know about SWITCHBLADE SISTERS (beautiful extras), MIGHTY PEKING MAN (no extras) and CHUNGKING EXPRESS (great introduction), but what’s about the extras of the THE BEYOND and SONATINE? I need details! :slight_smile:

[quote=“William Cutting”]
but what’s about the extras of the THE BEYOND and SONATINE? I need details! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Tarantino isn’t to be found on THE BEYOND, but there’s lots of other great extras:

-Actors commentary

-Media gallery

-(Brief) interviews with Fulci and the actors

-music video

(And my favorite)

-Grindhouse trailer gallery

The DVD’s been discontinued though, so good luck finding it.

SONATINE’s got a Tarantino intro. Mostly talking about the Yakuza genre. I don’t remember any other significant extras.

@Laydback

Thanks. I don’t really need the BEYOND-DVD, because I’m very satisfied with my german one. In spite of this very useful infos, which are not easy to find in dvd-shops.

P.S. Which movies are in the grindhouse trailer gallery?