Rolling Thunder Pictures

I know you can buy Mighty Peking man now as a remastered version from celestial pictures, its avaible on dvd and vcd. I have the vcd version. Both have English subbs.

“Chungking Express” is really a great movie. Wong Kar Wai has a very specific and awesome style, the story is brilliant and the actors, too, and the emotions are really human and true. A very good movie on a superb DVD by Rolling Thunder.

I’m avoiding these movies because I don’t wanna give bloodsuckers like Miramax my money.

So fuck Miramax and all of it’s little subdivisions. The Chunking Express DVD is fucked with by the folks at Miramax, so I don’t think it’s all that great.

[quote]I’m avoiding these movies because I don’t wanna give bloodsuckers like Miramax my money.

So fuck Miramax and all of it’s little subdivisions. The Chunking Express DVD is fucked with by the folks at Miramax, so I don’t think it’s all that great.[/quote]

but the Region3 DVD is almost identical, so there’s really no reason not to buy the MiramAXE DVD.

we all hate Miramax, I the most, who I had to endure the miramaxed version of HERO in the theater, but I still bought the DVD, not for the companys sake but because its an awesome movie and the dvd is okay

The only thing Miramax is good at would be remastering the picture. Seb, I have a stronger hate for Miramax then you do. After reading about how they tamper and fuck up great films.

Did you know that the Subtitles in Iron Monkey aren’t even the real dialogue? They have a slew of more films to slaughter in the future, two of which being Hard Boiled (can’t wait to see that fuckup) and Bullet in The Head (edited down to 100something minutes from the original 130something minutes).

There’s always HKL which buy the rights to the same films, I heard the Bullet in the Head DVD they have planned is out in May or April.

I don’t like Miramax, too, but I buy their DVDs because I want to have this movies in my collection. So fuck this avoiding shit, they have enough money and shit on you! If you give them your money or not is totaly all the same, man. I’m fuckin happy with my “Chungking Express” DVD and Harvey Weinstein can make with my money what he wants because the DVD is great!

[quote]
Did you know that the Subtitles in Iron Monkey aren’t even the real dialogue? They have a slew of more films to slaughter in the future, two of which being Hard Boiled (can’t wait to see that fuckup) and Bullet in The Head (edited down to 100something minutes from the original 130something minutes).

There’s always HKL which buy the rights to the same films, I heard the Bullet in the Head DVD they have planned is out in May or April.[/quote]

dude, I know. I have the HKL version of Iron Monkey and the Mei-Ah version of Hard Boiled. Of course I buy non-Miramax if possible. HKL rulez the fucking house!

[quote]I don’t like Miramax, too, but I buy their DVDs because I want to have this movies in my collection. So fuck this avoiding shit, they have enough money and shit on you! If you give them your money or not is totaly all the same, man. I’m fuckin happy with my “Chungking Express” DVD and Harvey Weinstein can make with my money what he wants because the DVD is great![/quote]

So you’d rather watch cut, dubbed and messed up Miramax DVD’s? Or are you talking about Chungking in General?

[quote]

So you’d rather watch cut, dubbed and messed up Miramax DVD’s? Or are you talking about Chungking in General?[/quote]

I talk about Chungking in General

Buena Vista drops price of

Switchblade sisters to under 15 bucks

Chungking Express to under 10 bucks

get yours now

What are the extras on the Sonatine dvd?

[quote]What are the extras on the Sonatine dvd?[/quote]

i am not sure. besides, the DVD is non-anamorphic which makes it a no-no buy for me

I am holding this awesome THE BEYOND DVD in my hands now. I haven’t watched it yet.

I always thought it was a pure Anchor Bay DVD, but it still has the Rolling Thunder and Grindhouse Releasing Logos and credits on it, so it’s just not a Miramax DVD, but still a RTP DVD.

[quote]I am holding this awesome THE BEYOND DVD in my hands now. I haven’t watched it yet.

I always thought it was a pure Anchor Bay DVD, but it still has the Rolling Thunder and Grindhouse Releasing Logos and credits on it, so it’s just not a Miramax DVD, but still a RTP DVD.[/quote]

But you know that this DVD is still mine :smiley: ?

Got a dvdr of this a little while ago. Don’t know if its Rolling Thunder or not. But the image is beautiful and the scene where the dog bites…i’ll just wait for you to see it, but when you do you’ll jump like a mother fucker :smiley:

I just watched the beyond. the first joy is the rolling thunder logo you get when playing the disc, and then the astro dater by “grindhouse releasing” with that “our feature presentation” music. nice.

the dvd offers quite a bunch of special features, has good video quality and very good surround sound for a movie of that age. a real recommendation.

although, the movie itself won’t scare anyone today. the visuals are pretty harsh, but the movie itself is actually more funny than scary. well, times have changed…

What the hell? The Beyond is still fuckin scary! Its one of the most intense, terryfying and suspensefull horror movies EVER! An ultimate classic and I am shocked and feel fear everytime I watch it!!!

[quote]What the hell? The Beyond is still fuckin scary! Its one of the most intense, terryfying and suspensefull horror movies EVER! An ultimate classic and I am shocked and feel fear everytime I watch it!!![/quote]

you’re scared of The Beyond. … hehe

well, the gore is quite stunning and there is some surreal experience to it. but the ridiculous music and the lack of a real good suspense plot make it just a standard splatter zombie movie. i am not saying its a bad film, on the contrary, i liked it a lot, it might be a visual masterpiece

BUT its not scary. if you think it’s scary, tell me what’s so scary about it?

1. it’s all predictive
  2. the music is too funny to be scary
  3. its not scary

:wink:

[quote]

you’re scared of The Beyond. … hehe

well, the gore is quite stunning and there is some surreal experience to it. but the ridiculous music and the lack of a real good suspense plot make it just a standard splatter zombie movie. i  am not saying its a bad film, on the contrary, i liked it a lot, it might be a visual masterpiece

BUT its not scary. if you think it’s scary, tell me what’s so scary about it?

1. it’s all predictive
  2. the music is too funny to be scary
  3. its not scary

:wink:[/quote]

Well, I still think The Beyond is one of the scariest horror movies with an awesome atmosphere and you cannot change my mind in this case. Why is it so scary and has so great atmosphere? Here are a few scenes which are absolutely scary and awesome:

• Plumber Joe in the bath tub while Martha comes in
  • The not moving zombies in the blind woman’s house

And now the holy moment of European horror: Warbeck and McColl leaving the hotel, a few lights go on slowly and you see shadows in front of the windows!

These are only three of the most scary moments in cinematic history. With Man-Eater by Joe D’Amato and Vampyros Lesbos by Jess Franco, The Beyond is the best European Horror film ever (in my opinion)!

You can’t deny the power of the scene where the dog eats the shit out of the blind woman. That even had me jumpin