Rolling Thunder Pictures

[quote=“William Cutting”]
P.S. Which movies are in the grindhouse trailer gallery?
[/quote]

Mahbad. Actually I just remembered that this disc doesn’t have it. But the trailer for Fulci’s “Cat in the Brain” can be found as an easter egg. (I should go post that clip over in the trailer thread!)

I also want to point out that this disc has multiple audio selections:

-5.1 english track

-2.0 track

-mono english track

-Italian track (I wish every Italian DVD I own had one of these 8) )

Why has Rolling Thunder closed down? Didn’t they make enough money? They should have - with the Tarantino name being on the DVD’s :-</E>

Anyone got any info? It’s so sad, I enjoyed many of these films.

• Sonatine - In the Top 10 of my favourite movies of all time. Kitano is my Nr.2 favourite director.
  • Chungking Express - my third favourite movie of all time (Nr.1=KB Vol.2, Nr.2=KB Vol.1)
  • The Beyond - Awesome, have to get the german DVD, haven’t seen that one in a long time
  • Switchblade Sisters - NEVER SEEN!
  • Hardcore Logo - Despite the fact that I can in no way relate to the Punk/Rock scene, I enjoyed this film because the way it’s made. Great.
  • Mighty Peking Man - Very enjoyable.
  • Detroit 9000 - NEVER SEEN!
  • Curdled - Pretty bad, from what I remember when it came out on VHS.

I think it was actually too early for that company. They would make a lot more now, with the DVD quality actually higher than in the 90s and with Kill Bill and Grind House out inspiring more people to buy these films…

Maybe they’ll do some high quality re-releases of any of these once they are totally sold out, so keep buying them…

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]

• Curdled - Pretty bad, from what I remember when it came out on VHS.
    [/quote]

it’s out on actually the best Rolling Thunder DVD there is, with tons of special features, check it out here:

http://www.tarantino.info/content/view/393/48/

I’ve got the Switchblade Sisters and Chungking Express DVD’s. and also the Sonatine VHS

Switchblade Sisters did have good extras, though I didnt watch any of them because i didnt necessarily like the movie at all…

Chungking Express became one of my favorite movies and turned me onto Wong Kar Wai. Which lead me to In The Mood For Love (EXCELLENT) and 2046 (So good I wanted to just jack off all over the place)

[quote=“The Seb”]
it’s out on actually the best Rolling Thunder DVD there is, with tons of special features, check it out here:

http://www.tarantino.info/content/view/393/48/
[/quote]

i was just talking about the movies, not the quality of the DVDs

[quote=“Joseph”]Switchblade Sisters did have good extras, though I didnt watch any of them because i didnt necessarily like the movie at all…[/quote]

Ok, this statement proves that you are seriously FUCKING NUTS!!!

call me sexist but watching a bunch of “tough” girl gangs was just cheeeeeeeezy. girl gangs are just not cool.

now girl assassins, thats rough!

i just picked up switch blade sisters fo 14.99 at fye today planning on watching it tonight.

Im kind of pissed off at qt for not bringing Rolling Thunder out…and now the director is dead so no commentary from him :frowning:

Perhaps they could organise a seance and record his commentary then.

there’s a great commentary on the switchblade dvd, what are you complaining about?

[quote=“Sebastian”]
there’s a great commentary on the switchblade dvd, what are you complaining about?
[/quote]

i have and still have never checked this out i may tonight. although i loved the intro and the outro are they on all the rolling thunder dvds?

naw, not all of them have extras.

switchblade and curdled probably have the most extras. i think they are all worth buying, but i havent seen hard core logo yet

I wonder if RSP will release any more movies

the company doesn’t exist anymore, that’s old news

Oh i thought it might come back from the dead but i guess not :frowning:

Whats everyones favorite movie from RTP?

[quote=“me”]
Whats everyones favorite movie from RTP?
[/quote]

Chungking Express and Sonatine are 2 of my fav. movies of all time.

my Ex’s favorite is Switchblade Sisters

I have to rewatch Detroit 9000 which was pretty fucking cool, but Chungking Express is great, yeah