Your favorite Kill Bill tune (vol 1 & 2)

Battle without HoH… is so good. I hear it, when I drive to work at 4.00 am and the steets are empty.

I also love “Don´t let me be misunderstood”. But I prefer the vesion from Eric Burdon. I´m pretty sure, that for KB the version from Esmeralda is much better. But I love Eric Burdon…

[quote]hold up, so you’re telling me the bride getting shot was better than k-billy’s super sounds of the seventies thing and little green bag?  kmon man, thats classic[/quote]

I love the beginning of Reservoir Dogs, but the Kill Bill opening sequence had more of an impact on me. You’re seeing a woman’s beaten up face, a man’s hand cleaning up her blood with his handkerchief, a sudden shooting in the head, opening credits with “Bang Bang” fitting perfectly with the whole scene. Everything happens all of a sudden leaving you startled and wondering what the fuck has just happened, that’s what I like so much about it.

The Grand Duel! Which is why I WANT the alternate mother-fucking song!!! >:(

there’s an alternate version?

Apparently. Cuz the one in the movie was different than the one on the soundtrack. And the one in the movie kicked ass.

The Lonely Shephard

Twisted Nerve

Bang Bang

and of course Ironside

green hornet…no contest for me…

whenever I play it it reminds me of the cool motorcycle scene with the swords on the side…mmm love it…seeing bruce lee kick ass as kato again…really cool are the parts of flight of the bumblebee in it…so cool song…very well chosen…TY again QT!

The KB soundtrack definitely isn’t as accessible as Tarantino’s other STs. With that said, “BWOOOH” is great, as is “Bang Bang”.

Heh. Bwoooh!

This soundtrack is so…wow,I love it,my favorites on it are:

-Bang Bang

-The Grand Duel

-Ode To O-Ren Ishii

-Battle Without Honor or Humanity

-Don’t let me be misunderstood

-Crane/White Lightning

-The Flower Of Carnage

-The Lonely Sheperd

-Super 16

But the greatest songs are “The Flower Of Carnage” and “The Lonely Sheperd” oh and ofcourse “Bang Bang”

for me it’s “Human Beinz - Nobody But Me” great song.

and referred to the movie even better  ;D

My favorite by far is Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood…at least the edit that they used in the film that cut out all the ultracheesy lyrics. But the guitar and especially the horns in that song are unreal (although I’m biased…I’m a big house music fan, especially Latin house music). I actually used Acid Pro to edit that song down to an instrumental like in the film so I can spin in during my DJ sets. And of course BWHOH. Other favorites:

The Grand Duel

Ode to O-Ren Ishii (again, the lyricless version used in the film)

Cranewhite Lightning (at least the first half)

The Flower of Carnage

The Lonely Shepherd

And definitely Ironside. ;D

My favorites would have to be:

Bang Bang, My Baby Shot Me Down

The Grand Duel

Woo Hoo

Battle Without Honor Or Humanity

Lonely Shepherd and that Charlie Feathers song when the Ranger’s driving up

The whole soundtrack is genious (like every Tarantino soundtrack) but my favorite three songs are “Battle without Honor or Humanity”, “Bang Bang” and “Don’t let me be misunderstood”. “Battle without Honor or Humanity” is kinda climax song like “Stuck in the Middle with you” in Reservoir Dogs or “Girl you’ll be a Woman soon” in Pulp Fiction. “Bang Bang” is a great opening like “Little Green Bag” for RD and “Misirlou” for PF and “Don’t let me be misunderstood” is, hmm, it is the song of the last battle of the Bride in Vol. 1.

Kill Bill Volumes 1 And 2 are both home to some incredibly oringinal and fresh, or… plain whacky musical pieces. What’s your favourite tune out of both films? My personal fav is the Groovy tune when Beatrix And O-Ren are begining there battle at the end of Vol1. What’s that song called anyway lol.

Please Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood - Santa Esmerelda

Man, it’s very hard to pick just one. This is now my all time favorite soundtrack. Some of my favorites are:

Vol. 1

Nancy Sinatra - Bang Bang

Zamfir - The Lonely Shepherd

Hotei - Battle Without Honor or Humanity

Meiko Kaji - The Flower Of Carnage

Ennio Morricone - The Grand Duel M10

Ennio Morricone - From Man To Man

Vol. 2

Ennio Morricone - Silhouette of Doom

Ennio Morricone - L’Arena

Meiko Kaji - Urami Bushi

Shivaree - Goodnight Moon

Chingon - Malaguena Salerosa

The Budd Twang (I guess this is what it’s called)

And then there’s the theme from Ironside!

I love the “Bang-Bang” song, and the song that plays at the end credits of Vol. 2 - the Spanish one. And the Crazy 88 theme… oh, screw it - the whole damn movie.

Vol.1

Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood - Santa Esmeralda

Green Hornet - Al Hirt

Twisted Nerve - Bernard Hermann

The Grand Duel - Luis Bacalov

That Certain Female - Charlie Feathers

Battle w/o honor or humanity - Tomoyashu Hotei

Vol.2

Can’t Hardly Stand it - Charlie Feathers

Tu mira - Lole Y Manuel

Malaguena Salerosa - Chingon

Silhouette of Doom - Ennio

Summertime Killer - Luis Bacalov

The Chase - Alan Reeves (and a few others)

The Way to Salina (not included in the OST)

To sum up, I’d say that there should be a soundtrack with ALL the songs of both volumes together. That would be exciting! Quentin has the best songs in his movies! I don’t generally like buying soundtracks, but Quentin has almost made me listen to the KILL BILL OSTs almost all day long!

My favorite musical peice in volume 2 would be: “About Her” by Malcolm Mclaren.

Great Post.

My favorite use of music is tough to choose

Volume 2

-Fistful of Dollars music after the bride takes the rock salt

-L’Arena

-Return of Joe (Bills steps)

Volume 1

-Bang Bang

-Grand Duel

-Lonely Shepherd

Whats not to love?? This is by far the best soundtrack ever.