The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Wrong in the book?

I’ve got a book called 501 must-see movies and it says this about ResD:

"[…]Unlike most heist movies, the actual robbery is not central to the plot and is not shown until near the end of the film."

wtf…?

haha they never saw the movie. what a shitty book

It said that in a magazinem, on an article about heist films aswell; it said the robbery is not shown until nearly the end of the movie - are we sure we are watching the same movie lol!

i hate that, when people make money with releasing supposedly trustworthy books or articles and in the end they don’t know shit

I know! It is really irritating. I know that I won’t be buying 501 must-see movies any time soon.

Hehe, I found it on sale and I’ve been trying to count how many of those movies I’ve seen (if i count with my mum we have seen almost all of them…) but yesterday I read the Res-page more closely and read that… Kinda funny actually :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a book like that, it is called 500 Films To See Before You Die (or something like that!) - I got it cheap from a charity shop - I have little post-it notes on the ones I have seen which is about 300 or so of them. There is alot of mistakes in it though.

[quote=“MissMia”]
I have a book like that, it is called 500 Films To See Before You Die (or something like that!) - I got it cheap from a charity shop - I have little post-it notes on the ones I have seen which is about 300 or so of them. There is alot of mistakes in it though.
[/quote]
Me and mom used to have those but I took them out cus you couldnt close the book, hahahah

I think may have wrote little ratings and comments on the post-its; yes I am that sad.

[quote=“MissMia”]
I think may have wrote little ratings and comments on the post-its; yes I am that sad.
[/quote]
sounds great ;D I think I’ll do something like that myself

I have located the book; I did write comments and ratings!

Haha - I wrote for Pulp Fiction, Very Good 5/5. That’s it…

i am doing something similar. i downloaded imdb.com’s top-250 list and crossed out all i’ve seen. there’s still a lot left but i am trying my best to eliminate almost all of them

[quote]i am doing something similar. i downloaded imdb.com’s top-250 list and crossed out all i’ve seen. there’s still a lot left but i am trying my best to eliminate almost all of them[/quote]

That’s actually a really good idea, better than mine. I think I may copy your plan (if you don’t mind of course!) and fling the book out as it is shit and quite old (it only covers movies up to 1998.)

[quote=“The Seb”]
i am doing something similar. i downloaded imdb.com’s top-250 list and crossed out all i’ve seen. there’s still a lot left but i am trying my best to eliminate almost all of them
[/quote]
Cool.

My book is from 2004 or something…

[quote=“thecrazy88”]
I’ve got a book called 501 must-see movies and it says this about ResD:

"[…]Unlike most heist movies, the actual robbery is not central to the plot and is not shown until near the end of the film."

wtf…?
[/quote]

What’s wrong with that? The actual robbery is never shown, yeah, but all their planning and escaping is. A typo. Of course they’ve seen the film.