The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Why don't we eat the gorrilas?

Its been in both My Best Friends Birthday and True Romance, why arent we supposed to eat the gorrila animal crackers?

haha, I actually think thats some of the worst dialogue by Tarantino. Something about “Save the gorillas” just screams that character is an asshole. I dunno…just seems like something someone on a power trip would do.

The gorilla crackers thing is there to show that Clarence is nothing but a geek who acts and thinks like a kid. This complements with his love of comic books and whatnot. I acted the same way he did when I was a kid and someone ate my favorite animal. :’(

I thought it was a joke, you know ‘save the gorrillas’ as in protect endangered species type thing

I don’t think there is an answer. Quentin just wanted to sound cool.

^^it didn’t sound cool…anyway, here’s a fact: gorillas dna only differ by 3% compared to us…

So why don’t we eat the humans?

humans have a personality. and personality goes a long way…

[quote]So why don’t we eat the humans?[/quote]

Wait, wait, wait. YOU don’t eat the humans? What’s the matter with you?

When I said “we”, I meant “we” as a collective society who find eating humans against the norms of the people that make up this world. I of course eat humans on occasion, but it’s nothing to brag about.

I eat norms for lunch. And Carls, and bobs, and Lennys, but Norms too…

I like eating girls…out

[quote]Its been in both My Best Friends Birthday and True Romance, why arent we supposed to eat the gorrila animal crackers?[/quote]

i dont remember that at all. what scenes are these in?

in true romance its just before they get into the roller coaster car thing, clarence offers some animal crackers to elliot

and in my best friend’s birthday. one of the kbilly dj’s says it (pretty sure its rand vossler) in the station.