Why does the Bride wear her Helmet by the car?

In Kill Bill Vol.1

Why does The Bride wear her yellow motorcycle helmet when she opens the trunk to the car she has obviously just been driving? Why would she wear the helmet to drive a car?

LMAO @ your screenname

because it looks cool

[quote]because it looks cool [/quote]

Exactly

I know it looks cool…

but…It doesn’t make sense. It would seem as if The Bride had just stepped off her bike or something.

Besides, wouldn’t The Bride be all…‘The Better To See You with…My Pretty…’ if she had the helmet off?

[quote]I know it looks cool…

but…It doesn’t make sense. It would seem as if The Bride had just stepped off her bike or something.

Besides, wouldn’t The Bride be all…‘The Better To See You with…My Pretty…’ if she had the helmet off?

[/quote]
more intimidating. Worked for Darth Vader.

Ya…Darth Vader needed the helmet so he could stay alive and breathe properly.

[quote]Ya…Darth Vader needed the helmet so he could stay alive and breathe properly.[/quote]
OK, but the Helmet still worked on the “intimidation” factor, did it not?

Yes, but the point was that the Bride didn’t need the helmet while Darth did.

[quote]Yes, but the point was that the Bride didn’t need the helmet while Darth did.[/quote]
No, the point is that helmet = intimidation. Darth Vader was intimidating in his helmet, so was Bea

Yes, but the original point made was that the Bride didn’t need a helmet; it was just for intimidation.

[quote]Yes, but the original point made was that the Bride didn’t need a helmet; it was just for intimidation.[/quote]
I know, thats what im trying to say. She doesn’t need it. It’s just that, like Darth, it’s intimidating

Ok, so we’re both right. Now let’s stop repeating ourselves before one of us has a seizure.

She was only using the car to drop Sofie off at the hospital(and give Tarantino that trunk POV shot). She was probably going back to her motorcycle and it was convenient to just leave the helmet on.

Another reason could be that she felt cold and the helmet kept her warm.

This scene is right after the HOBL showdown. Remember how she looked? Maybe it’s not a good idea to go on the streets, when you’re looking bloody and torn all over. So she has her suit and helmet on to look clean and cool.

also if a passerby came along since the helmet had a dark visor they would be unable o identify the bride.

Remember they’re right in front of a hospital, so if someone were to look up, her blonde hair would stand out immediately. Plus… it looks cool ;D lol. It seems the Bride hides her hair quite a bit… Below Budd’s trailer, with the helmet… it could just be a way of hiding her distinctive-colored hair.