What's Your Fav Volume?

Vol 2

I’m going to see again Vol. 1 and 2 soon.

I liked them both…

but if I have to choose Id problaly go for… Vol1

…no wait Id go for Vol2

aah forget it, I choose Vol 1 1/2

[quote=“LetsGoToWork”]
aah forget it, I choose Vol 1 1/2

[/quote]

Is it any good?

It’s a too difficult choice, i can’t choose… for me they’re complementary

[quote=“Aurélie”]
It’s a too difficult choice, i can’t choose… for me they’re complementary
[/quote]

I think too that it’s a difficult choice, because the movies are going together… the vol1 can’t be just one movie without the vol2… and the vol2 can’t be there too because you have to see the vol1 to understand the all story.

But I choose the vol2, just because everybody has talked about the vol1, and not enough about the vol2… because there wasn’t enough action or something loke that, and I think that sad to think that QT is better for action, and not emotional… This is the same reason why most of the people haven’t like jacki brown, they didn’t understand that QT can be serious just for one time…

But anyway I just love the vol1 too ! It’ just amazing !

Actually I didn’t think about plot and everything when I picked Vol 1, I just like it better. So that’s not so difficult.

VOL2.

in vol 1 theres more action, but the story starts to fade.

I can’t vote because I wouldn’t know how, but Volume Two is definitely more of a Tarantino film. It’s got that feeling of cause and effect that’s the same in RD; the many tensions and complications to every move.

[quote=“Ify”]
Is it any good?
[/quote]

Take all the good qualities from Vol 1 and Vol 2.

Put them in a bowl, mix it, then blend it, shake it, mix it again and you have Vol 1 1/2

[quote=“LetsGoToWork”]
Take all the good qualities from Vol 1 and Vol 2.

Put them in a bowl, mix it, then blend it, shake it, mix it again and you have Vol 1 1/2
[/quote]

So that’s a firm ‘no’?

puppy’s are cute

puppies I mean, puppy’s are not so cute

The coolest volume is 1, but the best volume is 2. If was gonna show off my stereo system to a few buddies I’d pop in Vol.1 if not just for it’s soundtrack and action. Vol.2 IS Kill Bill whereas I feel Vol.1 is more of an intro into the whole story. Some of you nailed it spot on – Vol.1 is a great movie to have on if you’re just working out or showing off your system, but you can’t just have Vol.2 on in the background. It’s one of those movies that commands attention and I find it impossible to turn it off once it’s been started.

I can’t decide which is my favorite. To me. It’s all Kill Bill in the end.

Difficult to say. I don’t actually look at Kill Bill as two volumes, but rather as ten chapters. And my personal favorite chapters are numbers 1, 5, 7 and 9. So that means they’re pretty equal in my book.

After watching both films several times in the theater and on DVD, I have to say Volume 2 is better on its own as a movie. But, then again, Kill Bill is ONE film. It just happened that they released 2 separate halves of the film. Vol 2 is Chapters 6 - 10. Its not Die Hard 2 or Rambo 3 right?

The reason I love Volume 2 is because it is much deeper and more interesting on an emotional level. People have said Volume 1 has great music-action and thats for sure, but its more shallow than Volume 2 in terms of character depth. its like QT says: a straight up slam bang revenge movie. While I love that aspect, it doesnt have the resonance Vol 2 has for me personally.

Volume 2 is where things become more like the forest Hattori Hanzo explained to The Bride in Volume 1. Its not as simple and theres alot more going on in it.

Volume 2 has this ominous, dreadful feeling to it as well. I love the opening of Volume 2 so much, QTs work with the dialogue (the True Romance touch with The Bride working in a record store) and direction is just beautiful, and his timing as far as music and visuals is fuckin genius. Did you see the cool Leone introduction to Bill, the crosscutting? And the awesome intro of The Bride in Chapter 7 with that DePalma crane shot slowly dollying down under the trailer? QT has made 4 movies but he has the talent of a guy whos been makling films for 40 years.

I consider both Volumes masterpieces of cinema, but if I had to choose which is more a real film that could stand on its own, I gotta pick Volume 2.

I picked Volume 1… just loved all the action!!

Not to say I didn’t adore Volume 2, because I most definitely did a lot. Got Elle, Budd, and more of Bill and some really interesting situations. (Haha, rock salt…) ;D

I think I liked Vol. 2 better since we finally got to know Bill and his dialog about Superman was classic.

[quote=“scottb”]
I think I liked Vol. 2 better since we finally got to know Bill and his dialog about Superman was classic.
[/quote]

I don’t think this dialog is a classic. It’s good, point. It isn’t a classic because superman is too well-known. To be a classic QT had to take another character not as well-know… He always did that. I don’t know why in KB he wanted to change and talk about a character that everyone knows ! He used to talk about things that noone knows except the fans !

My vote goes to vol. 2. Anyway i too like to see them as one movie but vol. 2 was slightly better…