What year is Kill Bill set in?

Okay, first off we know From Dusk Till Dawn is set in 1996. We know that. And the sheriff was murdered by Richie Gecko. So the wedding had to have occured at or before 1996, because the sheriff was still alive in the wedding flashback. Plus when the Bride first arrives at the hospital, Elle Driver’s using a big clunky 90’s cell phone, I love that little touch. So four years later, would that mean Kill Bill is set in the year 1999 or 2000? I mean there’s no proof it didn’t occur earlier, because who knows if the sheriff was going to be killed right after the wedding.

I’m guessing it would be between 1999-2001. The big chunky cell phone is a good point, they had chunky cell phones like that around 1995-96. So 4 years later would bring it around that time.

Well debate this all you want, but the Chevy Silverado SS used as the Pussy Wagon is a 2003 model I think. Also the bike she uses in the movie is a Triumph Daytona but I’m not sure on the model year.

You know what I was just gonna mention that. The Pussy Wagon looks quite new like it was an 02 or 03 model.

That’s bullshit though. Does this mean we found a huge error/plothole? Because KB can’t be after 2000 because it would be four or more years after the sheriff death, which was in 96. Not to mention the cell phone.

So did we find a error/plothole?

Yeah, I guess so.

How do we know From Dusk Till Dawn takes place in 96?

Because the movie came out in 1996. And of course it’s assumed that the movie is set in the year the movie came out. Plus if you do the math, Kill Bill would have to be at a recent time, thus setting Dawn on the latest date possible. It obviously can’t be set in the future, so the date, unless proven otherwise, is 1996.

OK, I’ve never really seen Dawn, but you can’t just assume that when a movie comes out that that is the year it is set in.

I think it’s more of a case of…don’t think about it too hard. It all somehow makes sense in the Tarantino universe- for all we know Dusk Till Dawn could take place in the year 2001. Since no date is given, it all just fits in somehow.

JDK, read my post. I’m saying Dawn would have to be at the most recent date possible because of the technology differences, such as car models and whatnot.

And that’s where we’re at now, trying to figure out the year mystery if this thing is a plothole or not.

What technology differences and cars are you talking about specifically?

The ones we were talking about in this topic, silly. READ THE POSTS in this thread and it will all clear up my friend.

I meant the ones in Dawn.

You said, at first, to assume Dawn is set in '96 because that was the release date. Then you said stuff about old cars or whatever, I don’t know, I’ve never seen the movie so explain to me, please, how Dawn HAS to be set in '96 or any year.

[quote]I meant the ones in Dawn.

You said, at first, to assume Dawn is set in '96 because that was the release date.  Then you said stuff about old cars or whatever, I don’t know, I’ve never seen the movie so explain to me, please, how Dawn HAS to be set in '96 or any year.[/quote]

No, I’m talking about the car models etc in KILL BILL, not Dawn… You don’t hafta see Dawn to understand the topic. The only thing you must know is the the Sherrif in Kill Bill was killed in Dawn.

Again, read this thread again to understand. If you’re confused PM me. If it’s a relevant quesiton post it on the thread.

I dont think everything has to be exactly accurate in the movie-movie universe, hence the Earl McGraw character can probably be reincarnated multiples times throughout different movies.

The scene Michael Parks is in takes place 4 years before The Bride get’s the Pussy Wagon. So it coud be 98, 99…I’d say thats pretty reasonable man.

Hey guys. Sorry I’m behind on QT’s movies. What does the sherriff from Dusk Till Dawn have to do with the Kill Bill? Is Earl McGraw the same character? Was he in El Paso as well? ???

Ya man the sheriff that was in From Dusk Till Dawn is the same sheriff in Kill Bill, Earl McfucknGraw. He kicked ass. Till Richie blew his brains out.

Its a movie-movie.

Don’t take it too serious. I think time does not matter in Kill Bill

yeah EARL MCGRAW kicks ass

So it HAS to take place before From Dusk Till Dawn which was set in 1998 so I would say 1995