What if QT made NBK

I agree on the Ego thing.

Has anyone ever seen Stone’s Wild Palms that he did for TV., theres a scene in there that has someone interviewing Stone on the TV. It goes something like this.

Interviewer : Today we’re talking to Oliver Stone, acclaimed director of such classics as Platoon, and JFK, Now as it turns out Oliver you were right about JFK, weren’t you.

Stone: Well yes I was…

I thought it was kindof cool but it just demonstrates his ego.

[quote]I know

Thats the whole fuckin point of this topic. Nbk had potential but we end up getting fucked over by its bullshit.[/quote]

You need to stop questioning me, punk

[quote]what’s if the world was a disc?

hey, QT didn’t make NBK. End of story.[/quote]

{hearty laughter} … now why don’t we all go out and loose our viriginity?

good idea

[quote]

{hearty laughter} … now why don’t we all go out and loose our viriginity?[/quote]
What the fuck are you talking about? And don’t sarcastically post I meant losing the virginity, what the hell were you talking about?

I found my virginity yesterday :slight_smile:

[quote]I fuckin’ hate that motherfucker Oliver Stone, I wish he was fuckin’ dead. If QT directed NBK, I guarantee that it would have been a kick ass movie. Everybody saying, who cares, and drop it, needs to read the script, because Oliver Stone butchered the shit out of it. QT would have put his original style film amking stamp on it and it would have been a masterpiece.[/quote]
That is a bit extreme.Calm down

if qt made natural born killers i do not believe it would be any better then the nbk we all know…i loved the way oliver did nbk and im surprised that qt didnt love it, its so amazing, plus the cast was completely perfect i thought…i mean woody harrelson (great part for him) tommy lee jones (i found amazing in it) robert downey jr. (best out of all of em in the movie) and tom sizemore (one of my favorite actors)…

qt has made much better movies then oliver stones nbk but to say qt would have made this movie better is doubtful. yes the movie is long and drug out and takes awhile to get to the point but when it actually gets to the point its so amazing

once again…

i loved this movie

[quote]I fuckin’ hate that motherfucker Oliver Stone, I wish he was fuckin’ dead. If QT directed NBK, I guarantee that it would have been a kick ass movie. Everybody saying, who cares, and drop it, needs to read the script, because Oliver Stone butchered the shit out of it. QT would have put his original style film amking stamp on it and it would have been a masterpiece.

That is a bit extreme.Calm down [/quote]

I am an extreme motherfucker. When it comes to NBK, I wish his death, but I like the bulk of his films. I love Platoon, Wallstreet, Born on the 4th, and JFK, but I hated NBK. I read the script and he should have not taked it out of the writers hands, and then shit on it, he should have followed it more closely, and filmed it parallel to the writing. I wish his death everytime I see NBK on tv, but when I see Platoon on, I praise him. You know where I am getting at. FUCK NBK.

Personally I think platoon sucks

JFK good but slow

u-Turn is kick ass

The Doors is Kick ass

NBK as a film, and A film alone (I’ve never read Tarantinos script) as a stand alone movie with no Tarantino baggage whatsoever is outstanding.

Stone’s most aclaimed movies I feel to be trash though

Fuck NBK!!! That movie is a complete piece of shit!

So is U Turn!!!

Platoon is one of Stones best movies, if not THE best.

And if QT had made NBK it wouldve been 1000 X better than Stones shitfest!

BELEE DAT!

[quote]Fuck NBK!!! That movie is a complete piece of shit!

So is U Turn!!!

Platoon is one of Stones best movies, if not THE best.

And if QT had made NBK it wouldve been 1000 X better than Stones shitfest!

BELEE DAT!
[/quote]

totally agree, platoon is the best of stone....and QT should have made NBK himself...stone took QT's ideas and fucked them in the ass....and look how it turned out...totally fucked up....

Okay so a guy makes a movie, that is supposed to be his movie, it’s based off of someone else’s script, but it’s still this guys movie. He pays for the rights to make someone elses script into his movie. The man who wrote the script by selling the script is compensated well (not well for a screenplay, but well for a screenplay written by a guy who is virtually no one in the film industry, who lives on someones couch), not only that but is given but one inch closer to recognition and the power to make the kind of movies you want to make.

NBK may not be Tarantino’s vision, so what. He didn’t make the fuckin’ movie, he wrote it. The movie was Oliver Stones vision, based off of a purchased script of Tarantino’s. Oliver Stone changed it, I don’t know (because even though I do eventually want to read QT’s script, I still haven’t, but that doesn’t matter in this case) what Stone changed, but he definitaly changed drastically what Tarantino wrote. But having the rights to the script, Guess what, Oliver Stone can do almost anything he fucking wants to it in film form. The point is the parts he took out of NBK to make the movie were taken out because they didn’t fit in Oliver Stone’s NBK, maybe Tarantino’s, but not Stone’s. I would love to see Tarantino’s, and I do like some of the deleted scenes that were supposedly taken out of the script, in fact, I would love to see the movie without the deleted scenes. I would love it if Quentin made NBK, TR, or the Open Road, just to see what it would be like, he probably won’t which is too bad. But Stone’s NBK is a good fuckin’ movie (you can say that’s just my opinion, but it’s as valid as those of you who think it’s terrible), and I say that without the baggage of it being a “butchered” Tarantino script. It’s original, it’s fun, it’s clever, and when you allow yourself to be sucked in to the movie without thinking “Well Tarantino wrote this, and that’s not how Stone was supposed to do that, it’s not true to the script, and Tarantino says it’s schlock so it’s gotta be schlock right”, you might find that the movie offers a feeling of chaos and madness, like so many of the characters in the film.

I realize Tarantino doesn’t like the movie, but maybe the fact that he wrote it and it was changed into something else pissed him off, not because the movie was bad but because the character he wrote were put into somebody elses hands, and though handled with as much love, were handled in a different matter. But like I said Tarantino gave up the right to bitch about his characters or stories being changed when he sold the fuckin’ rights.

This debate is up to taste. It’s been raised so many times when two strong willed creative people have two totally different views on how things should be.

Oh and by the way, I hate fuckin’ Platoon, like Stone to a degree, but Platoon ruined me for war movies for about 5 years, and then Thin Red Line picked up where platoon left off.

But like I said that’s just my opinion.

I saw Natural Born Killers for the first time lastnite. I had been avoiding it mainly cuz Tarantino dissowned it and I heard a lot of bad shit about it. But I had been wanting to see it recently cuz my Tarantino fandom has been at a ridiculously high level. So I rented it. All I havta say is that it was the most fucked up movie I’ve ever seen. I kinda like Oliver Stone’s style. Woody Harrelson was too cool. Juliette Lewis was pretty awesome too. My only gripe is that the movie was way too fuckn hyper. The jail riot was by far one of the fuckn awesomest things I’ve seen in a movie. I loved Tommy Lee Jones’s character, super hilarious. I dunno, I liked it. Definitely not as bad as people are saying.

I am going to say it one more time for all you motherfuckers not listening. NBK would have been better if QT directed it. This thread is asking the simple question, “What if QT directed NBK?”, and all you motherfuckers are missing the point. I hate what Oliver Stone did to it. Read the script, and then watch the movie, and you will all see what I mean. Now, for everybody that has been avoiding the question at hand, answer it. Would NBK be better the way it is, or would it have been better with Qt at the wheel for the whole ride.

I’ll get back to you when I read the screenplay.

But as of now compairing QT’s style with NBK I couldn’t imagine the movie any different than it is (which is a good thing), I think it would kick ass though if QT did the Open Road.

That’s like asking would True Romance be better if it was directed by Tarantino? Obviously it would. But that’s not to say I didn’t love Tony Scott’s True Romance. Same with Stone’s Natural Born Killers. So to answer yer question, yes it woulda been fucking amazing if Tarantino directed it. But he didn’t, so relax.

[quote]That’s like asking would True Romance be better if it was directed by Tarantino? Obviously it would. But that’s not to say I didn’t love Ridley Scott’s True Romance. Same with Stone’s Natural Born Killers. So to answer yer question, yes it woulda been fucking amazing if Tarantino directed it. But he didn’t, so relax. [/quote]
Tony Scott directed it. His brother is Ridley Scott.

Tarantino NEVER would have directed Natural Born Killers…it was always intended that his friend RAND VOSSLER to direct it.

Look here <LINK_TEXT text=“http://tarantino.webds.de/cgi-bin/taran … 1069915893”>http://tarantino.webds.de/cgi-bin/tarantino/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=other;action=display;num=1069915893</LINK_TEXT> [LOTS OF INFO ON THE CONTROVERSY SURROUNDING RAND VOSSLER, QUENTIN TARANTINO, AND OLIVER STONE]

[quote]
Tony Scott directed it. His brother is Ridley Scott.[/quote]

Fuck I knew that. I dunno why I said Ridley. :-/