Watch Kill Bill 2..if i see it i spit on it.. never

personally I think it needed to be in two volumes. I mean dont get me wrong I’d love to see it released as one movie, but the two volumes are two very diffrent sorts of movies, I enjoyed them both immensley, but i can sort of understand why some people would dislike one volume in commparison to the other. i mean if you loved KB1 for its kung-fu action style, you might not enjoy the more dialougue and western movie style incorporated in the second (all though I think the Pai Mei scenes could win even the most addement KB1 fan over to find merit in KB2). I am suprised though that Robert D’s enjoyment of the 1st movie causes him to outwright refuse to watch the second, I mean arent you just the tinsy winsyist bit cureous as to how KB end’s?

(on a side note I agree with IFY, the crazy 88 didnt seem like the most accomplished in martial arts/fighting, more like a large number of ruthlessly loyal, but only adequatley trained youths (with exception to Johnny Mo and GoGo))

Ok, you all call Pulp Fiction ONE movie, because it is. But if it was split in, for example - two volumes, there would be a lot of people who would always say something like this topic. Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2 are not two “absolutely different movies”. Violence and action - whole vol 1 and first half of vol 2, love and non-action scenes - other half of vol 2. So, it’s just like Pulp Fiction, where we compare parts of it, but look at it as one movie.

I still think I can’t make myself clear because it’s hard to explain.

This is HIGHLY informative. Read this carefully:

[quote]Ok, it’s technically 1 full movie or 2 movies and 1 story like CPS said. But it’s not like QT just simple chopped Kill Bill in half and said “here’s Volume 1, and here’s Volume 2.” Once he knew they were going to be released seperately, he added stuff to each movie to make them feel more complete and make sure that the audience didn’t feel too ripped off. So that’s why they work as 2 smaller movies inside one LARGE movie.[/quote]

[quote]
But Volume 1 and Volume 2 are two seperate films, because they were released seperately and marketed as two films. I’m not saying that they don’t combine to equal one bigger movie (which they do), but technically they’re two movies. And yes, you still feel like something is missing from only watching one of the volumes, but each on its own is so fucking awesome that they feel at least 80% complete. And tell me, what was the first thing you wanted to do after seeing Volume 1? Me, I wanted to go see Volume 1 again. Because even though there’s still alot of story left, it was such a highly kickass adrenaline-filled entertaining movie that I didn’t care. Kind of the same with V2, except more drama and emotion-wise. But you have to know that Kill Bill wasn’t just split into two halves and released like that, or else each Volume would have only been 90 minutes long and then they would have felt REALLY incomplete. But V1 is basically the action and V2 is the reaction…or drama. Or something like that. Yo.[/quote]

[quote=“BlazeAlpha”]
Pai Mei would’ve never gone out like that in any Shaw Brothers flick. [/quote]

Maybe. But it’s a staple of old school martial arts flicks where the sifu gets poisoned by the bad guys. Gordon Liu even appeared in one of them.

here’s the deal - we could argue out the ass if kill bill is one or two movies, but its really both - for marketing and legal purposes, its two, but storywise its one. And Robert D, why did you start this topic? You don’t wanna watch KB2, don’t, but don’t get people like me all pissed at you for being so fucking irrational.

Lol, I like your style, taxi2insanity ;D

[quote=“taxi2insanity”]
here’s the deal - we could argue out the ass if kill bill is one or two movies, but its really both - for marketing and legal purposes, its two, but storywise its one. And Robert D, why did you start this topic? You don’t wanna watch KB2, don’t, but don’t get people like me all pissed at you for being so fucking irrational.
[/quote]

Word

[quote=“Robert D”]
I can’t watch Kill Bill 2…My love affair with Kill Bill died when they died…O-ren dead… crazy88z dead… gogo dead tear…the excitement and romance of Tokyo, Japan all left behind…its all over…i have no interest in the bride storyline beyond when it intertwines with O-ren and friends…i dont care about Bill or BUdd …some cowboy on his porch whistling dixie…who cares…I had such a love affair with Tokyo Japan it hurts too much to be apart… i cant bear to watch vol. 2 now becauz of it…
[/quote]

No offense but I hate you.

When does KB come out as one movie, it does doesnt’t it? Or was I mistaken?

it might be, i guess

quentin said that it might come to theatres as one movie

But how cool would it be? So many scenes lost.

No buddy, no scenes lost. Volume 1 + Volume 2 + Intermission

Yep, the dude’s right, there is’nt an awful lot added to the ‘Complete Kill Bill experience’, major diff are these (as listed on main site bit)

[i]Empire Online is one of the few online magazines that provide a review of the uncut Kill Bill. The version, that was shown in Cannes, combines both Volumes as one film.

HERE ARE THE CHANGES:

• No “klingon proverb” quote. Instead a dedication

• HOBL fight massacre in color, slightly differently cut

• gorier anime scenes

• various other scenes slightly longer

• Sofie Fatale loses more limbs

• no “baby” cliffhanger ending

• short (music-accompanied) break between two parts

• the second part (volume 2) is not different

All in all the differences are not great and some people may even wish it would be different. But this long version, let’s call it the “Intégrale Kill Bill”, will come to US theaters next year.[/i]

still…It’ll be very cool, cant wait too see.

Robert D:

I’m so sorry it’s all over for your love affair, here is a prescription to get you up: go to see Alien the movie, here the deads or alives are converted and used for procreation by aliens, nothing loose.

But it would be a pity to not see KB2 even if you feel too much sensitive presently because I can assure Kill Bill can be seen by persons very sensitive, I’ve seen it with my brother, said a friend in a other topic, he is my brother too and he is tough but go on very sensitive presently and that was him who insist to see KB2 in a row after KB1.

For O’Ren by spirit of revenge or to see fully how did it happen, you should see KB2, specially because you will see David Carradine tell many things on it in a very cool manner, it would transmit you some coolness. Obviously best way or manner is to see in integral the film Kill Bill.

[quote=“Robert D”]
I can’t watch Kill Bill 2…My love affair with Kill Bill died when they died…O-ren dead… crazy88z dead… gogo dead tear…the excitement and romance of Tokyo, Japan all left behind…its all over…i have no interest in the bride storyline beyond when it intertwines with O-ren and friends…i dont care about Bill or BUdd …some cowboy on his porch whistling dixie…who cares…I had such a love affair with Tokyo Japan it hurts too much to be apart… i cant bear to watch vol. 2 now becauz of it…
[/quote]
The soon to be revealed ‘mix’ of volume 1 and 2 could be for you then. I know I may just enjoy that much more as the whole complete epic that it was originally conceived to be. :wink:

[quote=“Premiere”]
The soon to be revealed ‘mix’ of volume 1 and 2 could be for you then. I know I may just enjoy that much more as the whole complete epic that it was originally conceived to be. :wink:
[/quote]

And he might just like the first half and still spit on the second. In fact I think its better for him that its split in 2 volumes. That way he’ll have one great volume/film and one sucky one, instead of a film with a great first half and a sucky second half IHO.

[quote=“Bierbommetje”]
And he might just like the first half and still spit on the second. In fact I think its better for him that its split in 2 volumes. That way he’ll have one great volume/film and one sucky one, instead of a film with a great first half and a sucky second half IHO.
[/quote]Well he doesn’t know either way because he hasn’t even seen volume 2, hence the one epic might be how he needs to see it. He seems to have a big hang up on seeing it as 2 seperate movies.

[quote=“Premiere”]
Well he doesn’t know either way because he hasn’t even seen volume 2, hence the one epic might be how he needs to see it. [/quote]

Yeah, that might work

[quote=“Bierbommetje”]
[/quote]

Ha ha, yeh he don’t need another From Dusk Till Dawn

I guess KB1 is more “fun” in an exoctic, action, kick-ass sort of way. This is why a lot of people have been turned on to QT in the past. Lots of “fucks” lots of “cool” deaths, lots of references (dude, if’n you don’t get it yer out). But, for me, what has always made his movies great is that, buried beneath all this stuff (stuff that, by the way, I highly enjoy), is an emotional core that few directors, American or otherwise, come close to. When Mr. Orange tells Mr. White he’s a cop; when Jewels says, “I’m tryin’, I’m tryin’” and, my favorite scene in any of his movies, when Jackie Brown walks out of Max’s office and the camera pans away from Max with his sad, there-goes-the-greatest-thing-that-ever-happened-to-me look. These are the moments when his films rise above just being “cool,” or “funny,” or “kick-ass,” and they are what make him a truly great director.

In terms of KB2, the scene when Bill and Bea talk before the wedding, close-up on their profiles, black and white, or the scene when Bill walks away after the five-finger business and the Bride looks truly sad and relieved at the same time, for me those scenes are the payoffs. I love the house of blue leaves, but, really, it’s just fun. Not a whole lot of emotional depth and not much coming close to art in the sort of Katian sense of awe in the face of pure beauty. But when Bill says, “Paimai taught you . . .”, shit. The whole movie explodes right there and then we really know who the bride is, who bill is, and what this show is really about.

A