Washed up actors for QT movies

I think that for Inglorious Bastards QT should load up on the washed out actors.  The movie will most likely have lots of characters, so I think it would be really cool to just have like a giant retro reunion type thing.  Personally, I would want to see him cast Jim Varney of the Ernest legacy in one of his movies.  That guy just disappeared.  Is he still alive?  I swear that guy just disappeared.  Another one would be Henry Winkle of the Fonzie legacy.  Did you know that he turned down the role for Danny in Grease, leading to John Travolta becoming a star?  Anyways, I’m not saying that it should happen, I just think it would be really cool if it did. Any other ideas?

I don’t neccessarily think he should use has beens - there are plenty of actors out there that would die to work with him but just casting has-beens for the pure novelty is kind of dull.

Won’t be surprised if he gets someone like Charlie Bronson though

[quote]I don’t neccessarily think he should use has beens - there are plenty of actors out there that would die to work with him but just casting has-beens for the pure novelty is kind of dull.

Won’t be surprised if he gets someone like Charlie Bronson though[/quote]

QT has said, he doesnt cast “washed up actors” for novelty reasons. He grew up watching these actors and hoping one day he could work with them. Just because theyre not on Hollywoods current A lists, doesnt mean they arent talented. All the actors he works with are great and they have every right to be in his movies if he thinks theyre right for the roles.

Jim Varney is dead, why would QT cast him in Bastards anyway? and Henry Winkler? lol. QT might cast older actors, that doesnt mean hes gonna cast those guys.

Charles Bronson isnt gonna be in a QT movie. Plus he already cast Michael Madsen as Babe Buchinsky (Buchinsky is a homage to Bronson, its Charles Bronsons real last name).

Good points - yeah Robert Forrester fit perfect as Max Cherry and I definitely don’t think Quentin picks actors with no talent - my response was to the person above who picked Fonzie (pure novelty).

Yes I wish he would use actors that just barely get a chance to shine.

Lance Henriksen would be awesome

Michael Parks

Michaeld Madsen

Tom Sizermore (maybe)

Also I’d like to see

Buscemi

Eric Stolz

and an Clint Eastwood Cameo maybe

[quote]Yes I wish he would use actors that just barely get a chance to shine.

Lance Henriksen would be awesome

Michael Parks

Michaeld Madsen

Tom Sizermore (maybe)

Buscemi

Eric Stolz

and an Clint Eastwood Cameo maybe[/quote]

QT has used all those actors except Lance Henriksen. Clint Eastwood is a famous actor/director. How is he on that list? Tom Sizemore has been in plenty of good films too. He was in True Romance, one of my fav QT written films. Michael Parks was in From Dusk Till Dawn.

Why do you quote me wrong?

I know which actors Quentin used before but still I want them to be in GB.

I wrote some actors that barely get the chance to be in good movies and after that I added some actors I too wanted to be in GB. So why shouldn’t Clint be in my list? I never said he belongs in the lines with Madsen etc. I just wanted him to have a cameo that’s all. Especially since he said he’d quit being in front of cameras.

And Sizemore may have been in many good movies but browse through his filmography and you’ll see that he made more shitty movies than anything. For every Black Hawk Down there’s a Ticker. And still I want to see him in GB. Is anything wrong with Quentin using actors more than once?

[quote]Why do you quote me wrong [/quote]

The name of this topic is “Washed up actors for QT movies”. None of the people you listed are really “washed up”. They all have been working pretty steadily since they started acting. How am I misquoting you?

If your just suggesting cool actors for his movies, why not just put it in the correct movie topic?

Yep, my poor english made me misunderstand the topic title. But still you misquoted me as I clearly seperated Buscemi, Stoltz and Eastwood from the rest of the list.

Tom Sizermore is an asshole so they say ::slight_smile:

He was good in NBK & TR and I liked him in HEAT but overall the guy is a fucking cocky ass shmuck who deserves never to work in Hollywood again.

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing Clint show up Inglorious Bastards though

well, i see that daryl hannah is going to be in KILL BILL… so i think if qt can turn her career around, he’s the master plain and simple

there are so many in the industry…so many no name comercial actors… who knows any?

and what of that comidian woman tracy goodman? or sean pen? or geez immm alfried calif… from the movie titled( nothing)

man thatonce was a good film he tried going for the story of Kwan Yin’s inner sanctaty sorry my speling is off but I am knew to america… so if any one is interseted in that movie and the actors in the film i would be abliged to repond and tell you who they are…

Harry Dean Stanton

For some reason i’ve always wanted to see Reginald VelJohnson play a cop role in one of his movies

[quote=“me”]
For some reason i’ve always wanted to see Reginald VelJohnson play a cop role in one of his movies
[/quote] What kind of cop, specifically? A Twinkie eating cop or a plain garden variety donut eating cop?

a detective.

Pretty large for a detective. They’re usually the slim guys. VelJohnson looks more like a beat cop.

C. Thomas Howell

Chuck Norris and a swede…hmm… Dolph Lundgren maybe

This topic is retarded. Who the hell comes up with this shit?