[Vol 2 OST] General Kill Bill volume 2 Soundtrack Talk

[quote]Any news on preordering the vinyl? Is there going to be a vinyl?[/quote]

there was one for Volume 1, you can bet your ass that there will be one for Volume 2, too.

Wasn’t there a piece of news in this thread that said they would release the volume 2 OST through another label?  That’s my only concern.

I just checked my vinyl, and that’s through Maverick too.  I don’t remember where I read that, but I remember asking myself “will they still release it on vinyl” immediately after reading it.

Wow, just like last time, I recognize nothing from the soundtrack list

[quote]Wasn’t there a piece of news in this thread that said they would release the volume 2 OST through another label? That’s my only concern.

I just checked my vinyl, and that’s through Maverick too. I don’t remember where I read that, but I remember asking myself “will they still release it on vinyl” immediately after reading it.

100[/quote]

why another label? the CD is, like volume 1, from Maverick/WEA, why another label?

ok got the CD in the mail, i will put the review online thursday night

[quote]Any news on preordering the vinyl?  Is there going to be a vinyl?[/quote]

I certainly hope so since the first one was on vinyl

[quote]ok got the  CD in the mail, i will put the review online thursday night[/quote]
Why Thuuurrsdaaaayyyy. I want it nowww.

Any trailers?

I got the promo-release too.

I already published my thought on my german site.

It’s not a real review but I tried to write down my thoughts about the OST.

SO, first of all, this SOUNDTRACKS fits the same way the first one did. Absolutely GREAT work.

1. A FEW WORDS FROM THE BRIDE - Uma Thurman

The dialog is the same one spoken by Uma in the teaser for Vol.2

2. GOODNIGHT MOON - Shivaree

A song full of emotions with a very nice and seductive voice of Shivaree. It’s a really catchy song, a bit funky and with soul.

3. IL TRAMONTO - Ennio Morricone

Silent and effective instrumental piece from the master. It has a silent beginning and a raising climax. Wonderfull and some kind of dreamy.

4. CAN’T HARDLY STAND IT - Charlie Feathers

Already known from Vol.1 OST. Cool voice with a flair of the 50’s and 60’s. Funky and good for swinging. Somehow like The King.

5. TU MIRÃ? (edit) - Lole Y Manuel

It started with a tune accompanied with a childrens voice (sounds like a spanish or mexican one). Sounds like a choir. It’s hard to describe.

6. The Summertime Killer - Luis Bacalov

Rocking guitar tunes without voice. It has funky parts. Sometimes silent but also loud.

7. THE CHASE - Alan Reeves, Phil Steele and Philip Brigham

Fast rhythems with organ tunes and some sort of panpipes. The background has a strong bass. Short track.

8. THE LEGEND OF PAI MEI - David Carradine and Uma Thurman

David is telling the story of Pai Mei. “Once upon a time in China” Very cool dialog.

9. L’ARENA - Ennio Morricone

The next masterpiece from Morricone. Great Western-style with full of strength. Here is less more. Reminds me of “Once upon a time in the west” and has a great trompet part in it. WOW

10. A SATISFIED MIND - Johnny Cash

There he is. Johnny Cash. Nothing to say about this song. Just great. Accompanied with a guitar.

11. A SILHOUETTE OF DOOM - Ennio Morricone

The third Ennio. In the first place it sounds some kind of menacing. The song is like a musical chase. Great.

12. ABOUT HER - Malcolm McLaren

Very cool track with a groovy sound and also emontional.

13. TRULY AND UTTERLY BILL - David Carradine and Uma Thurman

David Carradine with a surprising ending…

14. MALAGUENA SALEROSA - Chingon

Funky song with spanish or mexican tunes in it. Definitely a swinging song. Who loves Canción del Mariachi (Desperado OST) will love this one.

15. URAMI BUSHI - Meiko Kaji

Already known song of that japanese lady. Great.

. . . The Wu Tang Clan (hidden track) - Black Mamba

Some kind of wierd stuff. I’d describe it as an agressiv rap song.

Please notice that the songname of the hidden track ist BLACK MAMBA and that the name of the song from Luis Bacalov previously named MOTORCYCLE CIRCUS is now The Summertime Killer

Really great SOUNDTRACK, I can’T stop listen to it…

[quote]I got the promo-release too.

I already published my thought on my german site.

It’s not a real review but I tried to write down my thoughts about the OST.

SO, first of all, this SOUNDTRACKS fits the same way the first one did. Absolutely GREAT work.

1. A FEW WORDS FROM THE BRIDE - Uma Thurman

The dialog is the same one spoken by Uma in the teaser for Vol.2

2. GOODNIGHT MOON - Shivaree

A song full of emotions with a very nice and seductive voice of Shivaree. It’s a really catchy song, a bit funky and with soul.

3. IL TRAMONTO - Ennio Morricone

Silent and effective instrumental piece from the master. It has a silent beginning and a raising climax. Wonderfull and some kind of dreamy.

4. CAN’T HARDLY STAND IT - Charlie Feathers

Already known from Vol.1 OST. Cool voice with a flair of the 50’s and 60’s. Funky and good for swinging. Somehow like The King.

5. TU MIRÃ? (edit) - Lole Y Manuel

It started with a tune accompanied with a childrens voice (sounds like a spanish or mexican one). Sounds like a choir. It’s hard to describe.

6. The Summertime Killer - Luis Bacalov

Rocking guitar tunes without voice. It has funky parts. Sometimes silent but also loud.

7. THE CHASE - Alan Reeves, Phil Steele and Philip Brigham

Fast rhythems with organ tunes and some sort of panpipes. The background has a strong bass. Short track.

8. THE LEGEND OF PAI MEI - David Carradine and Uma Thurman

David is telling the story of Pai Mei. “Once upon a time in China” Very cool dialog.

9. L’ARENA - Ennio Morricone

The next masterpiece from Morricone. Great Western-style with full of strength. Here is less more. Reminds me of “Once upon a time in the west” and has a great trompet part in it. WOW

10. A SATISFIED MIND - Johnny Cash

There he is. Johnny Cash. Nothing to say about this song. Just great. Accompanied with a guitar.

11. A SILHOUETTE OF DOOM - Ennio Morricone

The third Ennio. In the first place it sounds some kind of menacing. The song is like a musical chase. Great.

12. ABOUT HER - Malcolm McLaren

13. TRULY AND UTTERLY BILL - David Carradine and Uma Thurman

David Carradine with a surprising ending…

14. MALAGUENA SALEROSA - Chingon

Funky song with spanish or mexican tunes in it. Definitely a swinging song. Who loves Canción del Mariachi (Desperado OST) will love this one.

15. URAMI BUSHI - Meiko Kaji

Already known song of that japanese lady. Great.

. . . The Wu Tang Clan (hidden track) - Black Mamba

Some kind of wierd stuff. I’d describe it as an agressiv rap song.

Please notice that the songname of the hidden track ist BLACK MAMBA and that the name of the song from Luis Bacalov previously named MOTORCYCLE CIRCUS is now The Summertime Killer

Really great SOUNDTRACK, I can’T stop listen to it…[/quote]

Great, thanks.

[size=1]now howabout uploading a couple of them? it’ll be our little secret[/size]

[quote]12. ABOUT HER - Malcolm McLaren

[/quote]

So this is instrumental?

[quote]

So this is instrumental?[/quote]

No, there is a person singing. I would say it’s a woman, but it’s hard to decide cause the voice sounds a little bit biased. The chorus is clear singing. “It’s too late to say I’m sorry…”

[quote]check this out, this guy has some mp3s of the vol2 ost:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/sharmibasu@sbcglobal.net[/quote]

Thanks! GOOD STUFF!!! It will hold me till the 13th!

8)

[quote]

No, there is a person singing. I would say it’s a woman, but it’s hard to decide cause the voice sounds a little bit biased. The chorus is clear singing. “It’s too late to say I’m sorry…”[/quote]

Thanks for the great review. I’m super hot on this soundtrack :slight_smile: .

I heard now the “Urami Bushi” song, but only a few seconds of that, kinda preview. It has a great female singing voice and is typicaly melancholic. Its awesome!

The “Tu Mirá” song seems to be brilliant too and very extraordinary. But simply great. And I heard the speeches by Bill, “The Legend” and “The Truly…”. Both are very interesting. I hope I soon get my soundtrack, too.

Now I heard more of the soundtrack. Is “A Silhouette of Doom” by Ennio Morricone the same song playing during the “Few Words from the Bride” scene in the Teaser? I think yes! Cool music!

Well, you can hear “Urami-Bushi” in the credits of Vol.1 anyway. But where did you get the speeches from, Okinawa-man. Are they on the net already?

Awesome soundtrack!

I love the first song Goodnight Moon by Shivaree. Its a song Ive heard before on my favorite alternative radio station. It sounds like it was made for a Tarantino film.

The other music sounds awesome too. I love how QT is using Il Tramonto from The GBU and music from other spaghetti westerns. So cool.

Charlie Feathers: awesome rockabilly tunes.

What I was wondering was:

Is the Malcolm McLaren on the OST the same guy who produced The Sex Pistols and Bow Wow Wow?

Is The Chase theme from the 1966 movie starring Marlon Brando and Robert Redford?

Someone let us know where the Volume 2 Soundtrack is on the net too. I want all these on MP3!! :slight_smile:

[quote]Well, you can hear “Urami-Bushi” in the credits of Vol.1 anyway. But where did you get the speeches from, Okinawa-man. Are they on the net already?[/quote]

I get the speeches from, hmm, can I tell it? They’re from a programme beginning with k and ending with a, and there’s a z, too :smiley: .

kazoo? :slight_smile:

I hear that you can download full cds from MIRC, so that might be worth checking out

So, he’s my review from the songs I already heard:

Shivaree - Goodnight Moon

A brilliant and atmospheric song. Very intensive and with a great singing voice. Like it was made only for “Kill Bill: Vol. 2”. Perhaps one of my favorite songs of all time and one of the best songs ever in a Tarantino movie!!!

Ennio Morricone - Il Tramonto

Oh my God, all that “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” stuff come in my head! What a great song! Brilliant for a Spaghetti Western Hommage like “Kill Bill: Vol. 2”. It can be used for a scene where the Bride goes through the desert searching for Budd or something like that. It has a very exciting climax and after that goes slowlier again. Such a wonderful theme!

Charlie Feathers - Can’t Hardly Stand It

Real cool song with great rythm, much slowlier and “darker” than “That Certain Female”, but you still hear Charlie Feather’s classic style. He has something from Elvis, thats right, but he has his special own style and never copies the King. Great song, I think it will be played in the strip club Budd works in.

Lole Y Manuel - Tu Mirá

The song starts with an interesting children chorus and the piano. Has something special. Than changes in BRILLIANT rythmic guitar! Very fast and (for me as a guitar player myself) difficult guitar style and rythm guitar. Just an awesome song, with a special mexican flair.

Luis Bacalov - The Summertime Killer

Wow, that song has nothing in common with Bacalov’s first “Kill Bill” theme “The Grand Duel”. It has his own style, some great rythms and goes from fast to slow, from rythmic to melancholic.

The Legend of Pai Mei (dialog spoken by David Carradine and Uma Thurman)

Very interesting speech by Bill, which gives you a lot of infos about Pai Mei. And it has really cult status like some speeches from the older Tarantino movies. “Once upon a time in China…”, great, Carradine is so cool!

Ennio Morricone - L’Arena

Yeah! Great atmosphere, very slow beginning and than a bit of rythmic guitar, just like in Robert Rodriguez’ Mariachi movies, than some flute-sounds. Wow! I love that song! Especially for the sometimes coming rythmic guitar.

Ennio Morricone - A Silhouette of Doom

Its the song playing during the speaking scene from the Bride in the teaser trailer of “Kill Bill: Vol. 2”. It has a very dark flair and its an unusual Morricone score, and has a touch of Bernard Herman’s music and a bit of classic thriller score. Just great, hard to discribe and perfect for a very suspensefull or exciting scene.

Truly and Utterly Bill (dialog spoken by Uma Thurman and David Carradine)

Very interesting dialog. I like it!

Chingon - Malaguena Salerosa

Yeah, again a very spanish/mexican song with a specific funky flair and great guitar playing!

Meiko Kaji - Urami Bushi

Very slow and beautiful song with a real “japanese” guitar playing, the brilliant female singing voice and the trumpets. A song to fall in love with!

I cannot say which song is my favorite. All of them are so awesome and brilliant! I love the Morricone stuff and of course Shivaree, but the others are so great, too! I’m becoming a real Charlie Feathers and Luis Bacalov fan, too :slight_smile: ! I’m really looking forward to the official soundtrack with the beautiful cover, some pictures in the booklet and all that stuff. And of course the other songs by Johnny Cash and the others.

Kazaa is dead like a rotten fish. I think you can get a lot more from soulseek (no Vol.2 speeches yet, though).

“Y tu mira” is a classical spanish flamenco, no mexican stuff. It’s really good if you get used to.

BTW: How’s the sound quality? The netversion from “A silhoutte of doom” sounds awful…