[Vol 2] Kill Bill vol. 2 reviews here

I’m looking forward to a classic dialoge-movie and I hope that’s it. “Kill Bill: Vol. 1” was a great action odyssey, I love it. But I want to know more about Bill, Budd, the Bride and Elle. And of course Pai Mei. So I think this will be MY movie :slight_smile: .

[quote]You can’t really compare the 2 volumes. Each one is a completely different movie and I think that spliting KILL BILL in half was a very wise action indeed[/quote]

I disagree completely. Just because Vol2 isn’t grindhouse, doesn’t make it a sequel or a different movie. We knew all the time, it would be different in style. It had to be. Or don’t you think that we need backround info about why all this stuff is happening and who exactly is Bill? And to be honest, 4 hours of splattering blood vol1-style would just be boring. It was okay for a while, but now the story needs something different.

Kill Bill IS one movie from which we’ve seen the first half. That’s how Quentin pictured it, and it should be considered like that by any viewer. I really don’t think you can call yourself a Kill Bill fan if you don’t like both volumes (at least to some extent). I’m still looking forward to the day I see both vols cut together.

[quote]I’m looking forward to a classic dialoge-movie and I hope that’s it. “Kill Bill: Vol. 1” was a great action odyssey, I love it. But I want to know more about Bill, Budd, the Bride and Elle. And of course Pai Mei. So I think this will be MY movie :slight_smile: .[/quote]

My thoughts exactly!! As much as i enjoyed the action scenes, I’m looking forward now to a more dialogue driven movie. It’s allways interesting to find out about characters and hear them speak their feelings and thoughts. With Volume 1 and 2 together, this will be one hell of an epic movie!! Although i allways say Pulp Fiction is the best film in the world and nothing will ever beat it, i may be proved wrong with the release of volume 2, lets hope so…

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Conten … l=96948319”>http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1081462212675&call_pageid=968867495754&col=96948319</LINK_TEXT>

Tarantino Strikes Again!

Enjoy

(@

AJCrane

http://www.leesmovieinfo.net/Article.php?a=446

[quote]

I disagree completely. Just because Vol2 isn’t grindhouse, doesn’t make it a sequel or a different movie. We knew all the time, it would be different in style. It had to be. Or don’t you think that we need backround info about why all this stuff is happening and who exactly is Bill? And to be honest, 4 hours of splattering blood vol1-style would just be boring. It was okay for a while, but now the story needs something different.

Kill Bill IS one movie from which we’ve seen the first half. That’s how Quentin pictured it, and it should be considered like that by any viewer. I really don’t think you can call yourself a Kill Bill fan if you don’t like both volumes (at least to some extent). I’m still looking forward to the day I see both vols cut together.[/quote]

I really like the fact that we get some background about the characters. Elle, Bride and Bill are really interesting characters and it would be a shame if we didn’t have a deep viewing of their personalities. I like vol.2 for that reason, but I would also like astonishing duels like the one with O-Ren or a hilarious one like the fight with Vernita. Guess Elle will be the only duel of that kind, since it seems that the fight with Bill will be a short, but nevetheless an exciting one. That’s what I find bad with vol.2

I say that KILL BILL should be split in two volumes because you can’t really have 1 and a half hour choke full of never-ending slaughter and then have another 2 hours filled with dialogues etc. It just doesn’t sound good. And if you read the original plot, KILL BILL was supposed to be one movie but the second half of it (what we now call vol.2) would have much more action in it than what we will see at the cinema. What Tarantino did, was take out unecessary scenes (like Bill’s fight with L.F. O’Boyle) and add dialogues that give some depth to the characters. No problem with that, but the current vol.2 and the current vol.1 wouldn’t fit together if you get my point.

[quote]

I really like the fact that we get some background about the characters. Elle, Bride and Bill are really interesting characters and it would be a shame if we didn’t have a deep viewing of their personalities. I like vol.2 for that reason, but I would also like astonishing duels like the one with O-Ren or a hilarious one like the fight with Vernita. Guess Elle will be the only duel of that kind, since it seems that the fight with Bill will be a short, but nevetheless an exciting one. That’s what I find bad with vol.2

I say that KILL BILL should be split in two volumes because you can’t really have 1 and a half hour choke full of never-ending slaughter and then have another 2 hours filled with dialogues etc. It just doesn’t sound good. And if you read the original plot, KILL BILL was supposed to be one movie but the second half of it (what we now call vol.2) would have much more action in it than what we will see at the cinema. What Tarantino did, was take out unecessary scenes (like Bill’s fight with L.F. O’Boyle) and add dialogues that give some depth to the characters. No problem with that, but the current vol.2 and the current vol.1 wouldn’t fit together if you get my point. [/quote]

HONESTLY now! No matter what QT decided to do you guys would be agreeing with. I’m sure almost everyone on this site loves the work that QT does but some of you would just suck his dick no matter what he did!

A new review here: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/ … vol_2.html”>http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/reviews/kill_bill_vol_2.html</LINK_TEXT>

Bye.

Rottentomatoes has already gathered five positive reviews for the film. :slight_smile:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/KillBil … 2-1131502/”>http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/KillBillVolume2-1131502/</LINK_TEXT>

Keep checking the site for constant updates.

has this been mentioned?

More KILL BILL VOL. 2 Reviews!!

[quote]Matrixfan, you mask your ignorance with complete sentences.  Don’t think that just because you can write it makes you an intelligent person.

Uma’s performance not deserving to be mentioned in the same breath as academy award?  She was nominated for a friggin’ Golden Globe, which means that she’s AUTOMATICALLY a dark horse for the academy nomination.  Plenty of people ‘mentioned her in the same breath’.

Bland storyline with no depth?  Even for the characters?  yeah… pay attention, young one.  You may learn something.  Watch for further reviews and box office success.  Due to the lack of bloody violence in the second movie, it will make more money than the first, and let’s not forget the double features they’re planning.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Kill Bill in total makes more money than the Matrix (as a ratio of original cost). ÂÂ

Oh… and the critics are already unanimous that Vol. 2 is amazing… something that could never be said about the matrix sequels (even though Vol. 2 clearly isn’t a sequel.)[/quote]

I love it when people go out of their way to make fools out of themselves and they are so willing to make do it publicly and stick their name to it for all the world out there to see their immense stupidity....

First of all being nominated for anything for the golden globes is so irrelevant and insignificant. The golden globes are a laughing stock of foreign critics who have actually been paid by the likes for Sharon Stone to give her an award. (But i guess little details like corruption and bribery dont weigh much on your own little world) No one takes them seriously as as evidence from last year, Uma Thurman did not get any recognition or even a nomination from the Academy because her performance was simply bad or did not even warrant a mention by them. CASE CLOSED

Then you go on further to exhibit your immense stupidity or lack of simple logic by making very stupid and inane predictions that make one wonder what planet you are from.
You said that Kill bill would make more money than the matrix did (AND FUCK YOU ALL WHO WILL SAY I BROUGHT THIS UP AND STARTED THE WHOLE TICKET SALES AGAIN)
Dude what the fuck are you smoking. The Matrix has made over 1.6 BILLION (YES THATS A "B") from ticket sales alone. the 3 movies were made for a combined total of about 330 million (30 million for the first and 300 for the final two parts)

And i havent even added the money made by the DVD sales
10 million copies sold for each of the first two parts. That literally means that the DVd sales of REloaded alone blew the total ticket sales for Kill bill out of the water. (AND THIS Is A FREAKIN DVD WE ARE TALKING ABOUT)

That translates to a profit of more that 4.5 the original cost.

Kill bill so far has a cost of over 85 million dollars and so far has only made miramax 70 million (dont get me into the another argument about the fact that miramax sold the distribution rights for the overseas markets again) for them to come any where near those numbers of the Matrix Trilogy Vol 2 would have to make close to 300 million by itself. Now that aint gonna happen, eat your fucking hear out but IT JUST AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Perharps you should go back to maths class and learn who to do those ratios again.... keep on dreaming dude but any two eyed gimp will tell you that your two brain cells are off on holiday and you are hallucinating and dreaming up these idiot logic scenarios that are just impossible

[quote]Matrixfan has had it. He knows hes losing this battle over which franchise is better or whatever he’s going for. Hes going to grab at every last straw to win, but his BS is fading fast. Hopefully he’lll dry up and blow away for good after Volume 2 comes out and kicks everyones ass.

And all the awards and box office takes isnt why we love QTs films, we love them because QT is giving cinematic presents to his fans all over the world. Hes not interested in being the fuckin king of empty CGI filled bullshit, hes interested in telling an entertaining STORY and DIRECTING instead of COMPUTER GENERATING (Star Wars, Matrix) to get his ideas across.

“If I wanted to fuck around with this computer bullshit, Id go home and stick my dick in my Nintendo” - QT

[/quote]

Dude you seem to forget that i am not as dumb as pretty much every one else on this board. You and i know that very well and after that royal ass verbal beat down i put on you while you were on some crack cocain high boasting about how Uma thurman would win this and that Oscar and Kill bill would win this and that award, guess what? I was right in my prognosis of that disaster of a movie and it did not win or even get nominated for the awards you were dreaming of in your poppy seed induced stupor. But that hasnt stopped you from making idiot comments even in the face of obvious contradictory evidence. Kill bill comes no where near the best movies of mine from last year and on. Last Samurai, Matrix , Lord of the Rings are in a league of their own far beyond the morose and pathetic kill bill story. The Matrix Reloaded Dvd alone had more sales than the the kill bill Movie. 10.4 million copies worth. And you are still desperately trying to pretend that the Matrix is all a marketing ploy. I giuess thats why the public further endorsed it by gobbling up those dvds. The general public must have a genuine thirst for crappy movies thats why they go out and buy up all the dvds. I will again be provend right when vol 2 gets yanked prematurely from theatres having made even less than Vol 1.

KEEP ON DREAMING YOU LOSER (Please remind me if you are not the same idiot quoted as saying Mystic River was just some forgettable film that the public would lose interest in. Remind me how many oscars Mystic river ultimately won and how long it actually stayed open in theatres?

So much for me being the ignorant idiot who knows nothing about movies. I seem to have a better handle on them than your dumb ass.

PS..You are indeed pathetic, pray hard that your secret is kept safe, for when it comes out (and it shall) you will be revealed for the pathetic insecure hack that you are.

I’ve got a idea you retarded freak, why don’t you piss off back to your own forums and leave the normal people of this world ALONE! Why the fuck do you come in Tarantino forums, (that are about, surprise surprise, Tarantino!) when you obviously hate him and all that he does?

I thought about writing a long and STUPID article about you, but then I just relised, am I really that sad? No, and it appears the only one person on this site who is, is you.

Now fuck off

You have just officially been slashed by a 15 year old

What the fuck?

Oh Matrixia, please stop it, please!

I had such a nice evening, my son visits my mun and I´m totally drunken. Fuck, I can hardly typ on my keyboard…

I thought it would be nice to come to the board and read some nice cool stuff. And what did I find?

All the time the same shit of Matrixia.

What is so motherfucking wrong with you?

You posted: " Dude you seem to forget that i am not as dumb as pretty much every one else on this board."

When you are better than we all, why are you here? What happened to you that you are so motherfucking masochistic? You think we are stupid and you wanna be bashed by us?

That is ill, man, so motherfucking ill! You allways come back to people who treat you rough.

Let us make a deal, if you need rough treatment for being happy, give me your bank information and I will send you some money. Then you can find a chick, who give it to you hard for the money and we all here can continue to post about movies.

Cool?

What the fuck do I here? Fuck! Time to drink more…

;D

[quote]

HONESTLY now! No matter what QT decided to do you guys would be agreeing with.  I’m sure almost everyone on this site loves the work that QT does but some of you would just suck his dick no matter what he did![/quote]

i think this guys post pretty much summarizes my reason for being here. Adding much needed realism to a website that is largely made up of immature obtuse pubescent teenagers intoxicated by the putrid ripe gases emanating from their pimply faces. Realism is that doze of intelligence that would enable one not to make assanine predictions like kill bill even had the chance to win an oscar yet its no where near the type of movie the academy would even consider shitting on.

Realism is that dose of intelligence that keeps those individuals here in such of intelligeable discussion about film centered instead of posting useless and cliched lines like "Kill bill is KICK fUCKING ASS" LMAO..... or like one other mentally challenged idiot wrote on this site "Kill bill is fucking heroine" what the fuck does that mean??? That you have to be some crack head doped up on illicit drugs to sit through an entire showing of kill bill? No wonder the academy totally ignored it...

I guess they just arent into heroine!!!

No, but seriously. Matrixfag, noone wants you here. We dont need to be told how much your stupid fuckin Matrix movies made at the box office. We get it. Its old. Now get the fuck out.

Really…no really we mean it. GET THE FUCK OUT. Can you understand? Can you fuckin READ?

Someone ban this motherfucker will ya? I’m sick of reading his bullshit posts.

This motherfucker will never get banned because Seb seems to have a soft spot for him.

Hey matrix fan,

This is getting ridiculous. People going back and forth over which film is the best. Who gives a shit? Kill Bill is critically acclaimed and the first Matrix film was critically acclaimed. Let’s leave it at that and stop this pointless nonsense.