Visual trick

I was watching Pulp last night for the Nth time and noticed a cool visual trick QT created. Its almost so subtle, you dont even think about it at all. I know I didnt.

In the bathroom of Jackrabbit Slims, Mia is snorting coke and those girls are putting on make up. They are looking into a mirror, only the mirror is the camera. There is no way you could shoot directly into a mirror without the camera being seen.

I just think that was a really cool visual trick by QT. It reminds me of something Orson Welles would do. 8)

[quote]I was watching Pulp last night for the Nth time and noticed a cool visual trick QT created. Its almost so subtle, you dont even think about it at all. I know I didnt.

In the bathroom of Jackrabbit Slims, Mia is snorting coke and those girls are putting on make up. They are looking into a mirror, only the mirror is the camera. There is no way you could shoot directly into a mirror without the camera being seen.

I just think that was a really cool visual trick by QT. It reminds me of something Orson Welles would do. 8)[/quote]

I gots to peep that scene again

Shooting a scene with angle from the mirror and not 100% in front of him, does the work.

[quote]Shooting a scene with angle from the mirror and not 100% in front of him, does the work.[/quote]

Yeah but this scene wasnt shot from an angle. It was directly in front of the girls looking in the mirror. It was a visual trick.

I’ll check the scene again

I just resaw the scene again (no need to mention that seeing Mrs Mia Wallace again, my hair flew to the ceiling) and the answer is that simple!

We don’t watch Mia from the mirror, Mia is opposite the mirror (if there even exist a mirror in the scene) and in front of her is the camera as toothpickvega said!

Very clever trick, you think that you’re watching the goddess from the mirror but you don’t!

’‘Is that a fact?’’ ‘‘Mia Wallace’’

In which other movie we can see some kind of trick like this one?

[quote]In which other movie we can see some kind of trick like this one?[/quote]As toothpick said propably in a Orson Welles movie, and I add propably in a Kubrick or de Palma movie also…

[quote]
As toothpick said propably in a Orson Welles movie, and I add propably in a Kubrick or de Palma movie also…[/quote]

Thank's Compa!
Arre!

i think toothpick is right, it does look like a visual trick, it’s cool. i didn’t really notice that before.

That’s really cool. that’s when you know that a visual trick is really good; when it’s so good that it takes you nine times until you finally notice it. The good thing about it is that it’s so subtle.

i couldn’t really notice that before, it is kinda cool. thanks toothpick, that remark inspired me to watch Pulp Fiction again. i think i will. thanks