Twilight zone, Tv, movie, and figures

anyone else love the twilight zone, i have seen most episodes from watching them on tv but i am now up to season 2 on the dvd collection disc three and what i have been noticing is that a lot of episodes look different, as if they where shot on video. :-</E> does anyone know anything about this?

I’ve seen em’ all - the old ones and the newer ones. Which one was your favorite? I like the one where the lady had plastic surgery so that she’d look like everyone else - she was beautiful, and the doctors and nurses all looked away in horror…and they all had pig faces. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Serling was a genius:

There are weapons that are simply thoughts. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy.

Rod Serling

^ That’s my fav too. Eye of the beholder.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
Which one was your favorite?
[/quote]

“The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street”

“The Dummy” never loses it’s touch either. I recently showed it to my neice and she freaked out.

just turn out the lights and they’ll turn on each other

My favorite is “To serve man”.

[quote=“Laydback”]
“The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street”

[/quote]
Oh my god thats my favorite to, its such a brillant episode.

Some of my other favorites are:

The Silence

I Am the Night - Color Me Black

The Masks

Dead’s Mans Shoes

The Thrid from the sun

Escape Clause

Mr. Denton on Doomsday

The eye of the beholder

A Most Unusual Camera

monsters are due on maple street is great but its not my favorite, on account of its been worn out for me. I read the teleplay for it 2 times in different schools, had tests on it watch the episodes twice in school, plus seen it on my own a few times.

I’m a bit older than you guys, but I remember when I was about 10 or 12 years old - 20 or so years ago, there were some remakes being made - they were unsuccessful, but I liked them. There was one where this guy could stop time - At the end of the movie the Russians had send a nuke to America and he stopped time just before it landed - he was all alone and knew that if he allowed time to resume the world would end. Great stuff.

I liked the movie too…especially the one with the gremlins attacking the airliner.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I’m a bit older than you guys, but I remember when I was about 10 or 12 years old - 20 or so years ago, there were some remakes being made - they were unsuccessful, but I liked them.
[/quote]

I remember watching a few of those from the 80’s. There was also another “Nuke” episode which starred Melinda Dillon where she could instantly freeze time by just simply saying “Shut Up”.

I’ve got vague memories of seeing one episode involving a Vietnam vet who had Vietnam being brought back to life in a contemporary American roadhouse. The results could have been comical, but it appeared to be real intense.

The “Santa Clause” episode was a big deal (I remember reading the big article about in TV Guide) but it was more like an “Amazing Stories” clone.

It’s being said that Twilight Zone-The Movie Special Edition will be out later in the year.

[quote=“Laydback”]
I remember watching a few of those from the 80’s. There was also another “Nuke” episode which starred Melinda Dillon where she could instantly freeze time by just simply saying “Shut Up”.

I’ve got vague memories of seeing one episode involving a Vietnam vet who had Vietnam being brought back to life in a contemporary American roadhouse. The results could have been comical, but it appeared to be real intense.

The “Santa Clause” episode was a big deal (I remember reading the big article about in TV Guide) but it was more like an “Amazing Stories” clone.

It’s being said that Twilight Zone-The Movie Special Edition will be out later in the year.
[/quote]
the “shut up” one was the one that I was trying to remember - that one was great.

I also liked the movie where the bigot went to Vietnam, the deep south, and Nazi Germany to see what all of the people that he hates went through in the past. “I’ve got niggers living four blocks from my house” - asshole.

The guy who played (Vic Morrow) that racist was killed in an unused scene along with two kids in Twilight Zone the movie.

[quote=“Bad Max”]
The guy who played (Vic Morrow) that racist was killed in an unused scene along with two kids in Twilight Zone the movie.
[/quote]
that scene has a bit of cinema history in it. One of the soldiers in the Vietnam scene asks “where’s Neidermeyr?” and another soldier says that he was Fragged (killed by his own troops). Neidermeyr is of course the ROTC student on National Lampoon’s Animal House. He was the asshole who kept trying to get the Animal House frat kicked out of the college. The same guy who directed Animal House directed that Biggot piece. Just a little film trivia there.

“Mention is made of Lieutenant Neidermeyer getting “fragged” by his own troops. This was the fate given to Neidermeyer in the ending of National Lampoon’s Animal House (1978) , also directed by John Landis.”…IMDB

the original, terror from 10,000 feet, in the sky i think it was called was really good one of my favorites. that shut up episode i thought it was an outerlimits?

then there was one where this guy had a zippo that he claimed “lit every time”. This guy asked him if he was willing to bet on it. He said that if it lit twenty-five times in a row that he would give him a brand-new corvette. If it failed even once he would lose a finger. On the twenty-fifth attempt he lit the lighter and the wind blew it out - an old woman had opened the door and a draft came in - she said…“that’s my car, I’ve earned it” - and she took off her gloves to reveal that she had about seven fingers missing. Spooky shit.

thats “the man from rio” Alfred Hitchcock presents. The oddest thing was about that episode, my gandfather also thought it was a twilight zone.