Tin Man

Do you want to see a made for television remake of The Wizard of Oz?

• Hell Yes!
  • Fuck No!

0 voters

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=179297#videoid=128482

TIN MAN is a new series coming on the scifi channel - I really don’t quite know what to think of it.

I was never really a fan of The Wizard of Oz, so I could care less either way. I like

the fact that they seem to be trying to do something different with it, but the

fact that it’s a Sci-Fi original series means it will probly be mostly unwatchable.

I think that looks kind of terrible.

However, I wouldn’t necessarily be opposed to a remake of a full length film, but I also really don’t care either way. I never liked the Wizard of Oz very much. I don’t even know if I’ve watched it start to finish, it terrified me as a child.

However, I also wasn’t crazy about Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and I really enjoyed Tim Burton’s retelling, so, who knows.

I recently read the book by Baum to my son - or tried to at least…It was so fucking macabre that I had to put it back on the bookshelf. The whole story about the tin woodsman is just horrible. I won’t spoil it for anyone interested, but the book isn’t at all like the movie - and that’s a good thing. I’d like to see a good director make an accurate depiction of the book.

I’ve been reading snippets of reviews and most people seem to agree that

it is much darker in tone than most tellings of the story but they also agree

that it’s too long. And a lot of “if it only had a brain/heart” jokes. Did it start

last night or tonight?

I DVR’d it last night - I tried to watch it at about 10:00 but fell asleep - I’m getting old.

I watched a bit of it over at my friends house last night.

I’ve watched the first 3 episodes now - it is surprisingly good. It has its moments.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I recently read the book by Baum to my son - or tried to at least…It was so fucking macabre that I had to put it back on the bookshelf. The whole story about the tin woodsman is just horrible.
[/quote]

Haha, yeah I was quite surprised at that too, brutal.