The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Thirst (Park Chan-wook) (2009)

Park Chan-Wook’s vampire film looks like it’s going to be his next project and it also looks like it’s going to have a lot of sex in it. All about a priest who becomes a vampire and embraces his physical existence a little too enthusiastically by having an affair with his buddy’s wife the movie has already cast Song Kang-Ho (THE HOST, THE FOUL KING) as the priest, but it was reported that Park was having a hard time finding an actress who was down for the role of the friend’s wife since it required a lot of sex and nudity - more experienced actresses felt like it was beneath them and new actresses felt like it would stigmatize them.

Now he’s found his woman, and it looks like Kim Ok-Bin will be getting the last laugh. The star of DASEPO NAUGHTY GIRLS will be cast in this role that will almost definitely attract a huge amount of attention in Korea and probably worldwide as the movie plays the film fest circuit. Good for her! It’s the smartest career decision she could have made.

Yeehaw, looking forward to this.

I don’t really have anything to add to what’s already been said about this movie,

except posting another pic of Kim Ok-bin:

Wow, this is exciting. I have an obsession with vampires and the thing that I admire the most is the seduction aspect of vampires. This film looks set to be about that in a way. I can’t wait.

I dunno it sounds more like a depravity thing then seduction… but ive heard it being pitched as a love story with horror and drama. Id like to know what the tone of this film will be… i mean will it be serious, erotic or a bit of a laugh… I wonder what kind of vampire the priest will be since he becomes one because of a failed medical experiment… looking forward to this…

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
I dunno it sounds more like a depravity thing then seduction… but ive heard it being pitched as a love story with horror and drama. Id like to know what the tone of this film will be… i mean will it be serious, erotic or a bit of a laugh… I wonder what kind of vampire the priest will be since he becomes one because of a failed medical experiment… looking forward to this…
[/quote]

Well, it’s a vampiric eroticism. Eroticism’s good too.

[quote=“Angel”]
Well, it’s a vampiric eroticism. Eroticism’s good too.
[/quote]

You mean Kim Ok-Bin in nude is good? :wink:

It’s good to see Park choosing a darker subject again. Cyborg was such a disaster.

Hum, this new project sounds so weird… I don’t know what to think of it… I think I was a Cyborg wasn’t such a disaster, it was really different from everything he did before but I enjoyed it nevertheless. Doesn’t sound like something I could enjoy that much when I hear about his new project…

Hehe, I also think that “Cyborg” was brilliant. Certainly among the best movies I’ve seen last year. But something darker would also be a welcome and refreshing change in my book. Well, Vampires and Erotism has almost become a cliche by now (mind, I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, how could I ever), so I’m eager to find out, how Park’s gonna handle the subject. I’m sure he’ll come up with something quite special.