The Worst Director of all time!

why is he bringing horror remakes to a present day audience? before we know it bay will be using his name as QT does lol. Transformers is going to be awesome hopefully he gives a full action, no drama type direction.

Michael Bay,Stephen Sommers and Ed Wood(I loved the Tim Burton’s movie though).

Also Woody Allen is the Most Overrated Director Ever!!!Anyone Agree?

[quote=“Professional Widow”]
Also Woody Allen is the Most Overrated Director Ever!!!Anyone Agree?
[/quote]

I don’t know. I haven’t bothered to sit through most of his work. Basically the guy makes the same film again every year with a new title. Annie Hall was barely average, Manhattan was only saved by gorgeous cinematography. I do recall enjoying Manhattan Murder Mystery but it’s been 8 years since I saw it.

woody allen has his following - and they are die-hard fans to say the least. I am certain that they hold him in as high esteem as we hold Tarantino. Hannah and Her Three Sisters was pretty witty.

Damn you all, Uwe Boll’s films are AMAZING!

Yeah, right. I can’t believe ALL he makes are video game adaptions- he’s announced plans to produce adaptations of Dungeon Siege, Postal, and Far Cry. The twat also plans to produce a sequel to Alone in the Dark, and BloodRayne II: Deliverance, as well as a third movie based on the BloodRayne franchise.

Wtf!? However, Uwe Boll secretly excites me- I mean, if his stuff can make into my local supermarket- why the hell can’t some of our work be seen one day?

Why not indeed.

I partially agree with the Woody Allen thing mind. He is a WEE bit overrated.

And as for Michael Bay- I’ll wait for Transformers :stuck_out_tongue:

Jonathan Liebesman for killing the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise forever

Uwe Boll indeed. There is no other director in the world who’s movies inherit so much of what a movie should NOT be like. I don’t usually hate, but I do hate Uwe Boll and every person who loves and cares about movies should hate him.

And Michael Bay, he’s awful too.

bays not 100% awful, only when he tries to direct a dramatic scene, but his action scenes are amongst the best ever. I mean the car chase in bad boys 2 was pretty awesome anyone else agree?

May I ask: “What makes a bad director?”

Bad directing

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
May I ask: “What makes a bad director?”
[/quote]

Uwe Boll, not only is he a bad director he makes shitty hollywood films for all the wrong reasons.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Bad directing
[/quote]

Good answer.

Ron Howard. >:(

Are you kidding? he’s not the greatest thats for sure but he sure isnt the worst.

I don’t buy this Ed Wood stuff. He really really loved film. There is so much heart in his films even though the writing and the technical aspects are horribly bad. You can always tell an Ed Wood film, which is funnily enough the sign of an auteur. (NOTE: I am in no way saying he is a brilliant director).

As Empire once printed: “Prized by connoisseurs of camp and kitsch, Wood’s films are as melancholy as they are funny. Their failures come from the heart. Unlike Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle, which comes from the arse.”

That’s true. A lot of b-movies are that way, which is the reason I love them.

[quote=“Z”]
Ron Howard. >:(
[/quote]
no way

[quote=“Angel”]
As Empire once printed: “Prized by connoisseurs of camp and kitsch, Wood’s films are as melancholy as they are funny. Their failures come from the heart. Unlike Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle, which comes from the arse.”
[/quote]

Good quote…

Ron Howard’s okay, the Da Vinci Code s-u-c-k-e-d. Horrible piece of filmmaking.

[quote=“Bleach”]
That’s true. A lot of b-movies are that way, which is the reason I love them.
[/quote]

I work in a video store and really, since the invention of video and all that, b-movies have turned shit. Maybe its because they take themselves seriously whereas they used to be so camp that it would be fun to watch.

There are no real b-movies nowadays, yeah… The awesome ones ceased to exist in the early 80’s