The Warriors (2006)

Does anyone think the warriors movie will be any good

well Tony Scott is directing it so there is a chance. depends who will star in it though

It will suck. Tony Scott needs to tone down on the LSD these days. Each movie he makes seems to get mroe and more incoherent.

eyah I agree. He uses to many (I dont know what to call it) ‘‘special effects’’ during his movies, for example in Domino and Man on Fire.

Yeah. Wierd lenses, choppy editing, subtitles that scroll all over the damn screen. It all calls needless attention to itself. Its like he can’t stand for the audience to focus on the actors and the writing more than on his direction. Its the cinematic equivalent of having an attention whore with ADD standing just off frame screaming "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!!!"

True Romance is one of my favorite movies of all time, though. He needs to go back to directing movies that way.

The editing in Domino (besides the fact that it should have been 20 minutes shorter) didn’t annoy me as much as it should have. Surprisingly the script by Richard Kelly is what sucked so much about it. But yeah…this movie isn’t going to be any good.

Its gonna be long time before he starts the new warriors movie. :’(

The original Warriors was a timepiece on gangs in the late 70’s when being in a gang meant something…To bring a story like that to this day and age is stupid, because there are better things to shoot than that…Now, I like some of Tony Scott’s work, but this is not the right project for him at all

im not sure about his remake, i loved the original (its one of favourites) but apparently Scott is moving the warriors to LA instead of New York and making it an epic (3000 member gangs or something). Just while you guys are talking about the editing of man on fire and domino it worked well in man on fire but not in domino hopefully he doesnt do this with the warriors.

Yeah and they are going to be more real life gangs.

No Baseball Furies? I think I’m gonna cry. :’(

nope no baseball furies, it sucks. one of the gangs that tony scotts using is the one from domino (the one where keira knightly gave them a lap dance)

http://www.warriorsmovie.co.uk/newmovie/

I really dont think this movie Is gonna get made.

Another unnecessary remake of a great cult classic. :frowning: l

this would have been better if it wasnt called the warriors, besides its to different from the original to be called a reamke.

[quote=“mr blonde_22”]
im not sure about his remake, i loved the original (its one of favourites) but apparently Scott is moving the warriors to LA instead of New York and making it an epic (3000 member gangs or something). Just while you guys are talking about the editing of man on fire and domino it worked well in man on fire but not in domino hopefully he doesnt do this with the warriors.
[/quote]

I think the editing in Domino was better than Man on Fire, though I liked Man on Fire more, because I am the hugest Denzel Washington fan, but if the lenses weren’t everwhere, it would have been a great picture, instead of just good…

The editing on both sucked balls. Tony sucks balls. He is a chronic ball sucker. Only hacks use loud noises and white flashes when editing movies. The sex scene in Domino is a prime example of new age shit direction.

[quote][/quote]The editing on both sucked balls. Tony sucks balls. He is a chronic ball sucker. Only hacks use loud noises and white flashes when editing movies. The sex scene in Domino is a prime example of new age shit direction.[quote][/quote]

No it doest Domino was a great movie and the editing and direction was perfect and i think Man on fire was a great movie and it was also a great directed movie so I don’t know how you like your movies to be edited.

I like to watch whole scenes, instead of a thousand angles in 5 minutes. I don’t need to be force fed mini clips of mtv editing.

The Warriors remake has been moved to 2008(DAMN IT!) so looks like im gonna have to wait a little longer.