The Rock?

Is it true that Quentin had something to do with the script on “The Rock” I am certain I have read that somewhere. Can anyone help please?!

Hi Amanda.

You can read the answer of your question on this board.

Just click the “Main Website” buttom and then FILMOGRAPHIE and then FULL FILMOGRAPHIE.

Then you can see the information about movies QT was involved in any way.

There you can find “The Rock”:

I copied the text for you:

Tarantino did uncredited rewrites.

Something else, Roger Ebert sais about The Rock:

’…In a movie that borrows from all the movies I’ve already listed (plus second-hand filching from Die Hard'' and related epics), there are two particularly obvious steals: the old hypodermic-needle-plunging-into-the-heart trick, from Quentin Tarantino'sPulp Fiction,’’ and the Mexican standoff in which everybody has a gun pulled on everyone else (from QT’s Reservoir Dogs'' andTrue Romance’’ courtesy of old Westerns). Two lifts from Tarantino? Maybe the producers, Jerry Bruckheimer and the late Don Simpson, were getting their revenge for the famous Tarantino monologue in Sleep With Me'' where he analyzed theirTop Gun’’ as a homosexual parable…

Hope that helps. :smiley:

I was at IMDB today looking up my favorite movie of all time “The Rock” and in the Trivia section it says Quentin Tarantino was an uncredited screenwriter for the film. Can anybody confrim this?

keyword: uncredited.

haha, couldn’t resist.

haha hilarious ???

i realize he’s uncredited, but its still cool if he had something to do with it.

so can anybody else confirm it?

Ask Quentin.

Gee thanks.

No wonder this board is dead.

[quote=“labonte18”]
Gee thanks.
[/quote]

Anytime. flies away

You mean the Michael Bay movie? I seriously doubt Quentin would want to have anything to do with that talentless piece of shit.

he ‘’ script doctored’’ Crimson Tide

[quote=“labonte18”]
I was at IMDB today looking up my favorite movie of all time “The Rock” and in the Trivia section it says Quentin Tarantino was an uncredited screenwriter for the film. Can anybody confrim this?
[/quote]

[b]Hi!
I merged your topic with the older The Rock topic and so you can read my old answer to the same question. Which was:[/b]

[quote=“CPS”]
Hi Amanda.

You can read the answer of your question on this board.

Just click the “Main Website” buttom and then FILMOGRAPHIE and then FULL FILMOGRAPHIE.

Then you can see the information about movies QT was involved in any way.

There you can find “The Rock”:

I copied the text for you:

Tarantino did uncredited rewrites.

Something else, Roger Ebert sais about The Rock:

’…In a movie that borrows from all the movies I’ve already listed (plus second-hand filching from Die Hard'' and related epics), there are two particularly obvious steals: the old hypodermic-needle-plunging-into-the-heart trick, from Quentin Tarantino'sPulp Fiction,’’ and the Mexican standoff in which everybody has a gun pulled on everyone else (from QT’s Reservoir Dogs'' andTrue Romance’’ courtesy of old Westerns). Two lifts from Tarantino? Maybe the producers, Jerry Bruckheimer and the late Don Simpson, were getting their revenge for the famous Tarantino monologue in Sleep With Me'' where he analyzed theirTop Gun’’ as a homosexual parable…

Hope that helps. :smiley:
[/quote]

michael bay and QT know each other.

i know that michael bay was getting mauled by critics and QT phoned him up and said “don’t worry, they called me teh anti-christ last year”

he did uncredited rewrites for The Rock. I think you can read some info on this in the various books on QT. If you watch the film you’ll notice some scenes that have something tarantino-esque to it, i suspect that will be tarantino’s handprints