The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

The other intermission stuff

Let’s see, what else was there…

"Eat at The Acuna Boys!"

Very brief “Go see a movie” old-time Drive-In ad. I think this played after Thanksgiving, right?

Jaguar cartoon! Everybody in your theater was like WTF? huh :smiley:

I also loved the “new” (Or shall I say, “cheap and old”) logos for Troublemaker and Dimension studios. My heart-rate especially turned up a notch when the opening car rev’s of “The Last Race” were heard shortly before "Quentin Tarantino’s THUNDERB…I mean “Death Proof” blasted onto the screen!

the Acuna boys was awesome. throughout the movies you see people drinking takeout Acuna boys soda and stuff

For those who saw the Canadian release (Or provinces of Canada, for that matter) where was “Hobo/Shotgun” placed at?

[quote=“Laydback”]
For those who saw the Canadian release (Or provinces of Canada, for that matter) where was “Hobo/Shotgun” placed at?
[/quote]

Anyone?

[quote=“The Seb”]
the Acuna boys was awesome. throughout the movies you see people drinking takeout Acuna boys soda and stuff
[/quote]
Bill’s dad got a kind of gang made of all the fatherless sons

I think this gang is The Acuna Boys, but I’m not sure

please check this! cuz right now I can’t

Yeah The Acuna Boys are from Kill Bill AND the town El Mariachi takes place in.

That food looked disgusting…

can’t wait for the ingrediants for it on Rodriguez’s DVD though

[quote=“TurboMan”]
That food looked disgusting…

can’t wait for the ingrediants for it on Rodriguez’s DVD though
[/quote]

Naw, I expect Rodriguez to give us the secret to J.T.'s BBQ recipe instead of that Acuna Boys stuff. Some of it did look a little nasty, I agree.

[quote=“Laydback”]
[/quote]

I think it was before PT because there were already three before DP.

Did it take Machete’s place then? If not, Extra long movie!

[quote=“Laydback”]
Naw, I expect Rodriguez to give us the secret to J.T.'s BBQ recipe instead of that Acuna Boys stuff. Some of it did look a little nasty, I agree.
[/quote]

na, JR gave his BBQ Recipe to his brother right before he died, so we already know how to make that crap

[quote=“Laydback”]
Did it take Machete’s place then? If not, Extra long movie!
[/quote]

I don’t think it did…where’s Navajas? I’m sure he’d know.

The old looking Dimension logo, the one that said DPI was an actual logo for an actual company called Dimension Films or Pictures back in the 70’s. I just saw this very same logo at the Grindhouse fest before a few films, Screams On A Winter Night being one of them.

[quote=“Stuntman Mike B”]
The old looking Dimension logo, the one that said DPI was an actual logo for an actual company called Dimension Films or Pictures back in the 70’s. I just saw this very same logo at the Grindhouse fest before a few films, Screams On A Winter Night being one of them.
[/quote]

I knew that Dimension logo looked kinda familiar! At first, I just thought it was a (literally) dark take on the AIP logo.

Rodriguez’s “R.I.P” logo looked badass as well. Anybody got any screencaps?

I think the RIP grave logo was a dark take on the AIP logo (the blue sky/yellow AIP symbol)

I dont think I ever saw the old Dimension Films title card before though.

Hobo with a Shotgun played before the beginning of the movie… Before Machete, before the opening credits, before everything…

insted of The Acuna Boys it shoud have been big kahuna Burger

Yeah, I would’ve gotten up and cheered for Big Kahuna Burger

Oh Yea Same Here Dude i Mean The Acuna Boys only came out in JB Now Big Kahuna Burger Pulp Fiction, four Rooms, FDTD,Sharkboy and lavagirl. ;D 8)

it was in FDTD and Sharkboy and Lavagirl?