The Official "POST THE NEW TRAILER" Topic

New trailer for Nolan’s Inception.

See this is how CGI should be. Not for everything, just for stuff you really need like turning buildings, not blowing stuff up.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/inception/

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]What a fucking abomination. The flicks title doesn’t help it none either. The trailer was bad enough but if I had no idea who Kevin Smith was I probably wouldn’t go see a movie called Cop Out.

“No. No. No. Hell No. No. No…” Ugh.[/quote]

I think the title’s pretty funny. “A Couple of Dicks” was way better though.

[quote=“G”]New trailer for Nolan’s Inception.

See this is how CGI should be. Not for everything, just for stuff you really need like turning buildings, not blowing stuff up.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/inception/[/quote]

I really like this new trailer, I loved the first one already and I’m glad they still used the “glass shot”. The story still looks mysterious to me but at least we could see more of Dicaprio, Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, three actors I love. And Christopher Nolan seems to be back to what he’s good at : playing with the mind, creating complex story.

Jo G-L is in it? I try to avoid reading about this movie cause I think the spoilers might hurt more than for your regular big movie, so I wasn’t even aware of that! Now that I know he’s in it, I’m even more excited to see how it turns out. I just hope Nolan didn’t think he could rest after TDK and make a so-so movie. From the trailer it sure doesn’t look so tough. As lili said, it’s mysterious!

Marion Cotillard is in it too. 8)

the trailer wasn’t bad. the voice over was though. let’s hope nolan doesn’t utilize the Leo D Narrates… gimmick too much.

[quote=“F.W.”]the trailer wasn’t bad. the voice over was though. let’s hope nolan doesn’t utilize the Leo D Narrates… gimmick too much.[/quote]

That and the fact that every scene looks like sets that was used in the Dark Knight. Seems like they used the sets where Joker’s pencil trick was shot (about the 35 sec part of the trailer where Leo is in a suit with a gun walking), and where he crashed the party where Dent was (47 sec mark in the trailer where Leo says, “He’s hiding something…”). Also the Helicopter pad and the night scene where Leo looks like he is on a rooftop.

Either way, can’t wait to see this. Looks good.

i don’t care about director’s visuals/set pieces repeating themselves or anything as long as they’ve got the personality to pull it off. i like directors with lots of idiosyncrasies and even though Nolan is good, he’s kind of like the guy who would go to a party and brood in the back behind the collar of his tweed duster…

jonathan demme is much more my part style.

As I am wanting to see this, I am not a huge Nolan fan. Hit or miss with me. I love some of his films like the Prestige, but don’t really care for fan favs like Memento. Now I know alot of you might think I am crazy for saying that, but hey, it’s my life and my opinions and I rather watch the Prestige (which I own) again before Memento. I do like Insomnia and the 2 Batman movies as well for what they are. I still have never seen (or I don’t think I have) his first film “Following”, but I thought I saw it has been rumored for a Criterion release, I’m not sure.

I just don’t know where to place Nolan among Hollywood directors. He is smarter and better (IMO) than the Michael Bays’ of the world, but could he be placed in the same place as a PTA (I laughed at that last part myself ;D )?

Memento has a stupid gimmick, that’s it. I don’t like it.

I really liked Insomnia.

The Prestige was a good movie, but not as fantastic as it’s made out to be.

Batman Begins and TDK however are pop culture masterpieces.

[quote=“G”]Marion Cotillard is in it too. 8)[/quote]

Yeah and it doesn’t excite me that much to be honest. I got sick of seeing her successful and loved by the americans. We want Joseph Gordon-lzvitt and DiCaprio, that’s all !

[quote=“cyber-lili”][quote=“G”]Marion Cotillard is in it too. 8)[/quote]

Yeah and it doesn’t excite me that much to be honest. I got sick of seeing her successful and loved by the americans.[/quote]

Oh, you too? Good, I thought I was the only one.

[quote=“cyber-lili”][quote=“G”]Marion Cotillard is in it too. 8)[/quote]

Yeah and it doesn’t excite me that much to be honest. I got sick of seeing her successful and loved by the americans. We want Joseph Gordon-lzvitt and DiCaprio, that’s all ![/quote]

You French people hate when Americans’ like your actors but it can’t be the other way around? ;D I like her and I don’t care if you dislike that opinion.

What if I say I am sick of seeing JGL being loved by French people (on here anyway). That sounds stupid, so you get my point. I didn’t say she was going to own the film, I just said her name because I like her, like RQR likes JGL. 8)

For actors and actresses like The Mariard Cotillon, it’s more like a wave that spreads out to the US making every one like this actor/actress out here. Nobody’s heard of her before La Môme, and now that she’s won some rewards with it, everybody’s like “wow, cool french actress, I love her!”. It’s not the fact that YOU like her that annoys me (it doesnt, really. Because I know you watch a lot of movies and you know better than to just follow the fashion of who’s a cool actor and who’s not), but the fact that everybody likes her all of a sudden. It doesn’t only happen to french actors of course, but I guess we’re more concerned since we’ve known those for a long time and could appreciate their acting skills before their big break.

I’m just talking for me here, because I’m pretty sure Lili has some more specific griefs with her, like when we agreed on the whole “Mélanie Laurent is a bitch” not so popular argument during Cannes this year. (But she really is!) I was never too fond of Cotillard either, she’s just an actress who gets the job done, she never conveyed strong feelings in any movie I’ve seen her in.

I guess that it’s a bit of the same for Lili, but I can’t really be sure until she tells us more :stuck_out_tongue:

After writing all that, and re-reading your reply, well I don’t know if I made sense. Your reply makes more sense to me know. Well I’m just gonna go ahead and post anyway, I don’t want to have wasted my time writing that rather huge post compared to length of the reply that got me writing it :stuck_out_tongue:

I get the point with Godard, THOUGh Godard from the sixties = masterpieces, the rest of Godard=sh#t ; Godard of the sixties=more or less known by the public (if I’m not cruel and keep thinking most people know just a couple of movies he made), the rest of Godard=unknown.

But yeah, RatQuiRit got it. I hate first of all when americans all of a sudden love a French actress/actor they didn’t know before and pretend that’s the best French cinema can make. Marion Cotillard is just ok, at least I like her more than Mélanie Laurent as a person. She seems nice but “too nice”, a bit naive.

But I don’t think you, americans, have the same vision as us, for example you with a sudden buzz about a french actor and us with a sudden buzz about an american actor cause your actors are international so we often know them more than you know our actors. You love all of a sudden a French actor just for a movie and we love your actors for several movies. Or if we only have seen one movie from him/her, we can see the other ones. In the USA, watching a french movie is not the most current thing.

Mélanie Laurent is the same : most of the foreigners loved her in the movie but we, french, can see her acting, and can be critical (wasn’t really good, only when she doesn’t talk, she has a real presence on screen). But it’s also easier for us to judge american acting cause we’re used to watch movies in english, to hear english. French is a special world, that’s why I always think most of the French actors that suddently become famous and popular aren’t for the right reasons.

sorry but post-70s godard is far more interesting, relevant and exciting than 60s Godard. his 80s output in particular is amazing. Hail Mary is one of the best films of all time and 60s Godard couldn’t have made a film like that if he wanted to. even his new films are great.

you’re up your ass if you can’t appreciate them.

Ahah. No seriously, I’d never like them and I’ve seen a lot but I can’t get into it even the so-called famous Histoire(s) du cinéma. First of all, I hate stuff filmed in video… sorry… cause I know you like the new Harmony Korine but for me video is already a bad sign (well, depends the use of it of course). But Godard got into very conceptual stuff, and in a theorical point of view, of course, his works make sense and are interesting to watch but ONLY in an intellectual view cause they’re boring, pretentious and un-understandable for a regular audience even a cinefil. Those are only and pure objects of analyse, not regular movies.

How can you even drop films for video when you’ve made among the most beautiful movies from the sixties ?

boring and pretentious are the laziest criticisms of films ever. i could write a thousand words about how Avatar is pretentious but of course, its not, no no no, Godard and arthouse is. such bullshit. his 60s work is far more pretentious than Hail Mary. what the fuck do you learn in film school? its like you just sway with popular opinion or something…

and how can you differentiate films like that? intellectual films and regular films? that’s so dumb, jesus. hahaha.

how can you not find JLG/JLG - autoportrait de décembre both beautiful aesthetically and hypnotic to watch?

I know what both of you are saying RQR and lili, “Americans” in general. But the thing is, I don’t know anyone that knows who Marion is besides me. Which what I am getting at is you all give American’s too much credit. They only know Brad Pitt type actors as household names. Marion doesn’t get talked about alot here, and never around me in person.

Also about Godard, since you all live in France, do you all know when Godard’s new film is going to be released? I thought I heard maybe Cannes next year? Didn’t know if France gets more news about Godard then the internet can provide. Thanks.

I just don’t see how Americans can stop watching Godard after the New Wave stuff. The reason people watch Godard’s films is to get something different. Then why would one not want something different from Godard after the New Wave. I like both “New Wave Godard” and “Later Godard”, though yes, my favs do come from the New Wave.