The Hateful Eight reviews

Here’s Tarantino.info’s first review, by west-coast correspondent Mike Breiburg

<LINK_TEXT text=“That man from America - Tarantino caught location scouting - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … ht-review/”>The Hateful Eight Review - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

Feel free to post other reviews, let’s collect!

Here’s my review.

The Hateful Eight is one of the best movies I have ever seen.

That’s it, what more do you need to know?

I really wanted to like this movie. The cinematography was gorgeous, the music was excellent, the acting was top notch. I did think that Daisy’s abuse was a bit much, but that’s because she had a lot in common with one of my favourite movie characters of all time, Tuco Ramirez from The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. They’re both funny, entertaining, larger-than-life, have family members they love and get abused so much that I kind of feel bad for them, because they hardly if ever get the upper hand in their situations. The big difference is, she gets it a lot worse, and he took more of an opportunity to escape from the man he was chained to.

So not my favourite from Tarantino, but it was still a great experience. I laughed out loud at some moments, like when Daisy got knocked out of the carriage so hard that she dragged Ruth out with her.

Here is my review!

<LINK_TEXT text=“Regarding the Grind House split - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … -premiere/”>The Hateful Eight Review (70mm Roadshow) - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

1 Like

Hey Sebastian, I checked out your review, very insightful, but my aversion to reading kept me from reading the whole piece.

Like Sournote2014, I also had reservations about the movie, but upon revisiting the movie multiple times, I was able to understand, at least in my way, what’s good about it.

I made a short review about it, I don’t think it would convince someone who didn’t like the movie otherwise, but It might just give a different perspective on the thing.

- YouTube