The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

The guns of Pulp Fiction

Ok, since I found this quite surprising (I just found this out) I’m going to tell you the exact models of the guns used:

-Vincent had a 1911A1 Auto Ordnance .45 ACP pistol

-Jules had a Star Model B 9mm pistol (THIS is what I found surprising, while the pistol looks like .45 it isn’t. So the ‘goof’/mistake Jules makes by calling the gun ‘Mr. 9mm’ isn’t actually one)

-The ‘Uzi’ in Butches flat is not an Uzi at all, it’s a MAC10(45ACP) or MAC11(9mm), which isn’t of israeli (as I read somewhere in an old thread) but US-american origin. The Uzi is israeli, yes.

Not mean to smartass, just thought you guys might care :wink:

oo interesting!! Thankyou rec. How did you find that all out?

Well, the MAC10/11 was obvious, there aren’t many other models of a gun looking like that :wink:

…about the pistols… I’ve got that info from a gun outfitter (including the exact gun’s serial numbers :wink:)

Nice work, my friend :wink:

My favorite gun it the Steyr Aug. Used in Die Hard and Predator 2.

[quote=“rec”]
Ok, since I found this quite surprising (I just found this out) I’m going to tell you the exact models of the guns used:

-Vincent had a 1911A1 Auto Ordnance .45 ACP pistol

-Jules had a Star Model B 9mm pistol (THIS is what I found surprising, while the pistol looks like .45 it isn’t. So the ‘goof’/mistake Jules makes by calling the gun ‘Mr. 9mm’ isn’t actually one)

-The ‘Uzi’ in Butches flat is not an Uzi at all, it’s a MAC10(45ACP) or MAC11(9mm), which isn’t of israeli (as I read somewhere in an old thread) but US-american origin. The Uzi is israeli, yes.

Not mean to smartass, just thought you guys might care :wink:
[/quote]

lol, Im guessing you would have loved that gun conversation in Jackie Brown…preety cool info though 8)

Can’t remember the JB-talk like that right now… :wink: I just know Ordell talks about the AK-47 (which I hate :stuck_out_tongue:) and that the ‘niggers’ want .45’s because John Woo’s killer had those (which were actually 9mm if I remember correctly :wink:)

Gotta watch JB again.

This is my favourite gun. It looks deathly cool, haven’t seen it in any movie, though.

You haven’t seen The Matrix? Or Last Boy Scout? Or Snatch? Or The Replacement Killers? Or Desperado? Hehe, I’m sure you’ve that one a lot already.

It’s a Magnum/IMI Desert Eagle, in case you don’t know the name :wink: fires several magnum calibres. Own one myself :o

you know the gun joe pesci shoots samuel l jackson with in goodfellas? (when they show it in slow motion)

[quote=“rec”]
You haven’t seen The Matrix? Or Last Boy Scout? Or Snatch? Or The Replacement Killers? Or Desperado? Hehe, I’m sure you’ve that one a lot already.

It’s a Magnum/IMI Desert Eagle, in case you don’t know the name :wink: fires several magnum calibres. Own one myself :o
[/quote]

No no, in Snatch it was WHITE, not BLACK. I like it black.

[quote]you know the gun joe pesci shoots samuel l jackson with in goodfellas?[/quote]

No, sorry, not exactly, but to me it looks like a 1911 .45 (or 9mm, though not likely) automatic with a silencer, it’s impossible to tell the manufacturer from just seeing it in the movie :wink:

[quote]No no, in Snatch it was WHITE, not BLACK. I like it black.[/quote]

Ok, but in all the other movies I mentioned it’s black :wink:

(BTW if moderators get annoyed by this thread b/c it’s going offtopic, you’re welcome to split it)