The Gimp and Russell

In the scene with the Gimp, Maynard tells Zed “…drag Big Boy to Russell’s old room”.

Does anybody know if there is something special about Russell (maybe a cast member, or an influence on Tarantino?) or was Russell some normal friend of Zed’s but then became the gimp?

Dominance and Submission go hand and hand. Every Dom has a Sub…and every Sub has a Dom. There is a very real sub-culture of these people that is growing quite rapidly. When Pulp Fiction was released this was quite rare, but I have heard that there are more people into this than you would guess. Zed was obviously the Dom in the situation who would “loan” the Gimp to Maynard(probably a fledgling Dom) The beauty of Pulp Fiction is that it is a looking glass that gives us a “behind the scenes” view of subcultures that most people have no exposure to: hired killers, heroin dealers, theives who rob liquor stores, boxers, Domination and Submission, and the Wolf - lets not forget about the wolf.

Ok…but what are you trying to say?

The Gimp was a fucking Sub. That’s all. He was Zed’s property and therefore, Zed could do whatever he wanted with him…Loan him to Maynard, beat him senseless with a stick, or tell him to make a plate of blueberry pancakes…that’s it.

Ok so we can check of the gimp, but what about Russell, is there a story behind Russell?

Russell probably died from autoeroticaxphiciation…you know, where they tie a noose around their necks and jerk off.

My friend is a police officer in Houston. He told me that, on average, they find three or four of these kind of deaths per week. Sometimes no one finds the body for a few weeks. It’s pretty hot in Houston so a body that’s been hanging for three weeks gets pretty fucking rank. He told me that one was so fucking nasty that the corroner threw up - If you go to Rotten.com, you can see pictures of this kind of kinky shit…if you’re interested. Don’t do it if you scare easily - this aint a QT movie - it’s real.

Man thats fucked up. During those times it must suck being a cop.

I guess that you would have to like shit like that in order to choose that for a career. Just like Angel and Plunderbunnie must like to argue…otherwise they wouldn’t read the shit that I write!

QT went on about Russell somewhere… Said something about how people bring attention to the case, but he also likes the other mysteries that aren’t explained… like who the fuck russell is.

[quote=“Early Grace”]
Man thats fucked up. During those times it must suck being a cop.
[/quote]

Actually, most of them are just guys who saw it on the internet and then decided to try it because they wanted to try a new way to pleasure themself or something. Just totally normal people…

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
…otherwise they wouldn’t read the shit that I write!
[/quote]

maybe you should work on that. for the other people in here’s sake

The dungeon is just a place where poor suckers go and never come out. Russell and The Gimp are what will happen to Marsellus if Butch leaves him there.

Roaches check in…but they never check out

No way, I think that the Dungeon is more like the Hotel California…you can check out any time you want but you can never leave. Maybe there’s something really great about being the gimp…maybe it’s so fucking great that people can’t get enough. Its just like the homo thing…a lot of people are comming out of the closet, but you don’t ever see any of them going back in.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I guess that you would have to like shit like that in order to choose that for a career. Just like Angel and Plunderbunnie must like to argue…otherwise they wouldn’t read the shit that I write!
[/quote]

Hmm…asumption, yummy. Id argue that police feel that they can make a difference in society, and want too, and probably get frustrated when they feel they cant. Thats why I think sometimes police lash out at criminals. They want to help people, but the crime never seems to stop.

A good police officer has been trained on how to apprehend a suspect using as little force as necessary. Any time you see them wailing away on someone or shocking the shit out of them with a tazer…it is probably for sport. I don’t really blame them for kicking a little ass every now and then…the human scum need to be taught a lesson every now and then.

QT has said in an interview that “Naw, drag big boy to Russell’s old room.” is his favorite sentence in the whole movie because it brings up this one question that really every viewer asks himself: Who the fuck his Russell? And I think he also stated that there is no answer to this question.

I don’t remember which interview it was, but I could look that up if anyone is interested in it.

Yes please look up that interview. I wanna read it.

It’s on his Playboy interview 2003.

thanks

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.playboy.com/arts-entertainme … index.html”>http://www.playboy.com/arts-entertainment/features/quentintarantino/index.html</LINK_TEXT>

EDIT: Hmm, too late :slight_smile:

However, here’s the direct link. Don’t expect too much.

[quote=“Svenaldo”]
<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.playboy.com/arts-entertainme … index.html”>http://www.playboy.com/arts-entertainment/features/quentintarantino/index.html</LINK_TEXT>

EDIT: Hmm, too late :slight_smile:

However, here’s the direct link. Don’t expect too much.
[/quote]

Yeah that’s it. Read the very last paragraph of page 4.