The Gaming Thread

[quote=“Ify”]
Anybody here played Fable? I fuckin love this game, can’t get enough of it
[/quote]

I havent played it myself, but I hear its preety good…is it platform, role-playing, or strategy?

Fable is a role playing game, but a fucking brilliant role playing game giving you most if not all the control. You should definately check it out. It’s from the guy who is making “The Movies”, (sir)Peter Molyneux, he has been knighted for god’s sake, haha.

You guys seen this star wars “revenge of the Sith” lego video game? Looks pretty funny…

I’ve seen some screenshots. psshhhhh lego’s.

What about the proper Revenge of the Sith game??

Star Wars Games | StarWars.com

Video Game Reviews - IGN

http://www.xboxgameworld.com/preview.php/id/17/

It shows some promise.

Does anyone remember the first videogame they ever played?

My first one was "CENTIPEDE"

Ahhhhh…ATARI! What happened to you!

The first game i ever played was probably an early one on the nes like duckhunt or super mario brothers.

[quote=“Stevetron”]
The first game i ever played was probably an early one on the nes like duckhunt or super mario brothers.

[/quote]

Haha. Yeah, those are classics, probably my first games too.

anyone gonna get guild wars comes out the 28th. Looks pretty good.

www.guildwars.com

The gaming thread is dying. Post damn you!

Best games of all Time.

In no particular order

1.Starcraft (best rts ever)

2.Half-Life (greatest fps of all time and quite possibly the for-seeable future half-life 2 already came out but the original re-invented the genre)

3.Unreal Tournament series (this game started all the gaming terms we use today ie frag, own, ownage,pwn,pwnage,headshot,god-like,monster kill)

4.Call of Duty (The best ww2 game ever)

5.Counter-Strike ( an entire written langauge was made because of this game ie leet speak or 1337 + the game fucking pwns and is the most widly played game)

Best playstation (original) war game- HOGS OF WAR 8)

…okay, so its not exactley a typical ‘war’ game, but its bloody brilliant, especially on multi-player mode; and the accents are hilarious.

Oooohhhh!!! that game was so addictive! I only had a demo of it, but I played it over and over again!

Oh, and you forgot about these games stevetron!

The Sims. (highest seeling pc game of all time, and addictive as fuck)

Metal gear solid (it was like playing a movie. best espionage game ever)

Gran turismo1-4 (the best racing game ever made. Also addictive as fuck!)

Wipeout 2097 (still a great game even by todays standards, has barely dated in 9 years. cool soundtrack too)

Well, thats my top 4 anyway.

ah man, I will never understand what ppl see in games like 'The sims"…they’re irritating, tedious and just a blaniff rip off of sim city…only without a game plot and objectives (or those funky alien invaders)…and yet ppl keep buying and playing em >:(

while Im on topic of dissapointing games; James bond driving (it was kinda a let down); FF10 (it just wasnt half as good as other ff games)

Back to good games though, in terms of best spy games (James bond games, etc) any of you guys played ‘In cold blood’…it was a very cool PS1 game, which personelly I preferred to the JB ones.

[quote=“Jot”]
ah man, I will never understand what ppl see in games like 'The sims"…they’re irritating, tedious and just a blaniff rip off of sim city…
[/quote]

Weren’t the same people behind both Sim City and The Sims?

LOL imagine ‘Sin Sim City’ Hartigan needs the toilet…

Damn I don’t like computer games very much but here are my favourites:

Warcraft III - it’s a great Strategy/RPG game with cool plot and characters. It also has few bugs and it’s the best work Blizzard ever created. I haven’t found any bugs yet.

Tropico - best strategy game ever, everything is like inspired of Cuba’s regime.

Tropico: Pirate Cove - second best strategy game ever.

Commandos - first Commandos series game, you don’t have much control, but it’s pretty hard and strategic and very nice artwork, also there are no bugs.

Commandos 2 - now you have more control and artwork is amazing, but it takes nothing away from the gameplay. There are bugs, but it’s the best Commandos game.

Grand Theft Auto London - haha this game is crappy but stylish as hell, I totally love it due to atmosphere.

Grand Theft Auto 2 - it’s like a much better version of GTA first, this is exciting and great, and very fun. Love this game.

Every game Apogee ever made years ago. Commander Keen, Crystal Caves and so on, they’re cool.

Neverwinter Nights - I uninstalled it recently because of the stupid expansion where you don’t fight for pleasure and fame, but for freedom and staying alive. Miserable.

Doom - classic.

Doom 2 (all three games) - more great levels for Doom - I wished Doom 3 was just like first two ones, it would be amusing, stand back graphic loving suckers.

Ancient Domains Of Mystery. Probably noone knows, but it’s a great RPG with lowest graphics on earth. @ represents your character, # represents walls and so on - a text character map could seem fucking stupid but it is better than Diablo, I swear.

Yeah and all Adventure Games except for 3D ones.

[quote=“Ify”]
Weren’t the same people behind both Sim City and The Sims?
[/quote]

Really?!..damn, thats even worse, copying your own games only badly and without game plot, objectives or funky alien invader dudes…lol, back in High school days we got to play sim city for our geography project … now that was a groovy assignment.

I guess I like the sims because im a girl. Its a girl game.

In cold blood was awesome! It had great graphics.