The Forums Are Dead

I’m going to be the first person to officially say that the forums are dead. Any thoughts?

The fact that nobody replied within almost 12 hours says something. THE FORUMS ARE DEAD!!! >:D

There were more people online before the design change, so mayby it is because of that?

It’s probably because the novelty of Inglourious Basterds has worn off. im trying to revive the forums here.

Dude. The forums didn’t die in the 3 months that you have been a member here. You weren’t here when the forums were really alive. You can’t really speak.

By my count, it’s been in decline for 2 or 3 years. Not dead, but definitely not as lively as it used to be.

I’m the only person that spends about 8 hours a day on here. I’ve only been on here for like 3 or so months but i’m on enough to know that the forums are dead.

yeah, they are dead and have been for a long while - the activity on the board has been boosted in the run up to basterds being released and now that theres no QT project announced its back to being a morgue. The same thing happened when Death Proof was out and even when I used to just browse the forum when Kill Bill was out. I guess thats just the reality of posting on a film-makers board - its a seasonal thing.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]I’m the only person that spends about 8 hours a day on here. [/quote]

Ahah, cause maybe you’re the only one who has 8 hours to waste every day ! ;D

Just kidding. But I agree with Angel of course, you didn’t know the real busy and alive times of the forum. Since there are not much veterans here anymore, not much of you know them anyway. But you, Mr Pink, you’re just noticing out a discrease of activity since Inglourious Basterds has been out for two month and that people don’t want to talk about it anymore and that there’s no new project. As blue_lou_blue said, it’s a seasonal thing : there’s more activity when a new movie comes, during the buzz period, right after the release and then the temporary users are gone. And you might be a temporary user cause you’ve been here since only three months and you’re already bored.

Wow, it’s been awhile since one of these posts was created. I remember when somebody would feel the need to let everyone know that nobody’s posting every other month.

I know it always happens after a Tarantino movie is released but it wasn’t even as active as normal when the film was at it’s most popular. Probly doesn’t help that we got the new look and combined so many forums a week before the film’s release. Seriously, I’ve been coming here for years and even I get confused as to where certain threads are.

I think the “logic” behind getting rid of all the sub-forums was meant to make things easier on new members but shit just looks cluttered/unorganized now.

Sometimes life just intervenes. Work. Bills.

I think some Tarantino fans are just becoming adults with very little time to spend on the net.

I’ll have some time soon to web.

BTW, Jen’s Body!

WTF happened! It was a good movie and no one saw it!!!

Hooray for Zombieland though.

And to this day I have 26 Bette Davis movies. I saw A STolen Life yesterday on TCM. Two Bette Davis’s’s’s!

Ahah, you’re back as if you’ve never been gone.

You’re right about people growin gup and having less time to spend on the net. For now on, my lectures haven’t started again and things are slow at work but sometimes I have this huge rush and I have no time to spend hours on the net. I got more busy stuff to do.

[quote=“Dex”]I think the “logic” behind getting rid of all the sub-forums was meant to make things easier on new members but shit just looks cluttered/unorganized now.[/quote]

I think you’re also right. Especially the chat section, there’s everything mixed up, computer stuff, pure chat threads, games thread and all. You should post your comments about that on New Forum thread <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/community/vie … =1&t=10114”>http://www.tarantino.info/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10114</LINK_TEXT>. I think it’s important that everybody says what he thinks of it, cause we, mods and staff member, can’t change everything by ourselves if other users never express their pov on the forum, the wiki and so on.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
And to this day I have 26 Bette Davis movies. I saw A STolen Life yesterday on TCM. Two Bette Davis’s’s’s![/quote]
Do you have to bring up Bette Davis on every thread?

[quote=“Dex”]
I think the “logic” behind getting rid of all the sub-forums was meant to make things easier on new members but shit just looks cluttered/unorganized now.[/quote]

I said that to Seb when he was getting rid of them because I am a total melancholy and like all the separate forums to keep things in their right place, but to be fair, Seb eliminated those sub-forums because the site is a Tarantino forum and the amount of non-Tarantino boards was perhaps too high. Boards like the European Cinema and Asian Cinema sections were getting a post every month or so. Too many extra boards that no one uses. And Hanzo’s Ol’ Bar was pretty much the same thing as the main Chat Rabbit’s board.

We need the politics board.

I think the forum is dead mostly because the Inglourious Basterds came out. We were all excited of it and people used to spend more time on the forums 'cause they wanted to know all the latest news.

Now, nothing is really happening, we’re just waiting for some exciting news about QT’s next project or something like that.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]We need the politics board.[/quote]

The politics board died long ago. It was only really Scarface and I who used it anyway.

[quote=“Angel”][quote=“Mr.Pink”]We need the politics board.[/quote]

The politics board died long ago. It was only really Scarface and I who used it anyway.[/quote]

What!? I remember me, Kilgore, and Geoi being the only ones fighting for it when Seb started talking about shutting it down. He didn’t think we could do it without devolving into personal attacks. We got along just fine until Pete went in there and started flame wars with people (mostly Kilgore) to “prove” that people can’t talk politics. The board was taken down after a few days of Pete’s Sabotage mission.

There’s still a Current Events Thread though.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/community/vie … =13&t=9849”>http://www.tarantino.info/community/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9849</LINK_TEXT>

I’ll have more time during X-Mas.

[quote=“Dex”][quote=“Angel”][quote=“Mr.Pink”]We need the politics board.[/quote]

The politics board died long ago. It was only really Scarface and I who used it anyway.[/quote]

What!? I remember me, Kilgore, and Geoi being the only ones fighting for it when Seb started talking about shutting it down. He didn’t think we could do it without devolving into personal attacks. We got along just fine until Pete went in there and started flame wars with people (mostly Kilgore) to “prove” that people can’t talk politics. The board was taken down after a few days of Pete’s Sabotage mission.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/community/vie … =13&t=9849”>http://www.tarantino.info/community/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9849</LINK_TEXT>[/quote]

that wily ol’ bastard pete!

[quote=“Dex”][quote=“Angel”][quote=“Mr.Pink”]We need the politics board.[/quote]

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/community/vie … =13&t=9849”>http://www.tarantino.info/community/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9849</LINK_TEXT>[/quote]

I was past caring by then. It was right before my sojourn. But yeah, I remember heaps of people posting in the politics sections. But the only person I ever got into long, drawn out debates with was Scarface.

Other than that, it was a reason to argue.