THE DEATH OF BATMAN (mah version)

ok so far i got about a few pages of this script. now i kno mabe some of you saw tha terrible fan made film where BATMAN becomes a heroin adict and is ass raped by his kidnapper but this aint gon be nothin lik that. im gon make this epic and break it up into three different volumes. This a very small bit of what its like.

THE DEATH OF BATMAN

VOL. 1

Written by Nolan Lewis

Batman created by Bob Cane

BLACK FRAME:

TITLE CARD:

FIVE MILES OUTSIDE OF GOTHAM CITY

FADE IN:

EXT ARKHAM ASYLUM – RAINY NIGHT

The decrepit asylum sits under the rain like a rotting corpse. The thick rain clouds cover the sky and the LIGHTING rips through the sky like a knife.

A HUGE prison transport truck roars up to the front gate of the asylum. Four guards come running out of the front door of the refuge with their hands over the head holding shotguns in their other hands. They come through the gate and run up to the back doors of the van, that hasn’t come to a complete, stop yet.

When it does, the driver and the passenger come out. The driver takes his ring of keys that slip between his wet fingers and tries to finger the lock. When he finally does, he opens the back doors up and stays clear, as two of the guards with shotguns step forward.

GUARD #1

Come up out of there Jack.

The sounds of chains rattling can be heard in the dark abyss of the trucks carrier. Then feet stomping. The dark figure starts to come out of the truck.

The driver and the passenger reaches up into the dark truck, yank on the dark figure and throw him down to the ground.

GUARD #1

Get on your feet Jack!

The driver pulls Jack, the dark figure, up to his feet and then pushes him forward toward the asylum.

All the guards surround the figure walking down to the front door.

The figures head hangs down low. His dark hair drapes down over his face. Soaked in water from the rain.

CUT TO:

INT ARKHAM ASYLUM

In the same formation, walking the figure down the corridor of cells labeled with names. O. Copplepot. E. Nigma.

A voice comes over everything that is happening.

BATMAN (V.O.)

I came to talk.

(pause)

I’ve been thinking, about you and me. What’s going to happen in the end? We’re going to kill each other aren’t we? Maybe I’ll kill you or you’ll kill me. I just want to make a genuine attempt to talk things and forestall that outcome.

(pause)

Just once. I don’t want your death on my hands.

The lights facing down, the mans face lightly lit. His hair is dark green. His face pale white. Shackles around his ankles and wrists connect.

They stop at a cell labeled: J. Napier.

GUARD #1

Here you go Jack. Just how you left it.

Jack Napier walks into the cell and then turns to the guards. One guard steps forward with a key and starts unlocking the shackles. Gathers them all on his forearm and walks away.

He walks into his cell and they slam the door shut. The voice stops.

FADE TO BLACK:

SLOW FADE IN ON:

INT WAYNE MANOR – LIBRARY – SAME RAINY NIGHT

BRUCE WAYNE, 32, sits in a chair by the window in a black tuxedo with his chin IN his palm. He sits in the dark. The only is coming in through the rain-splattered window. The light shines in for a second and goes away. He looks out the window and sees a car pulling up to the front.

The front door opens up and ALFRED walks in, staying at the door.

ALFRED

I believe that’s Miss Whitney pulling up now sir.

BRUCE continues to look down at the floor from his palm. He slowly looks up at ALFRED and says:

BRUCE

I’ll be right out.

ALFRED

Yes sir.

ALFRED steps out of the door and closes the door behind him.

BRUCE sits for a little while, and then when he tries to make it to his feet, he feels pain and grabs his stomach. He stretches up, hand still on his stomach. As he walks to the door, he shows a short limp.

INT STRECH LIMOUSINE – MOVING

BRUCE sits in the limo drinking a scotch, while the woman next to him, JESSICA WHITNEY, 28, sits there looking at the TV news. The woman reporter is explaining what another wonderful job BATMAN did capturing THE JOKER and sending him to ARKUM, once again.

A smirk slowly and softly generates on BRUCES’ face. JESSICA looks over for a second and then does a double take and says:

JESSICA

What? What is it?

BRUCE takes another sip of his drink.

CUT TO:

INT HARVEY DENT’S ELECTION PARTY

Balloons & confetti clutter the floor of the huge ballroom. People dressed very formally all mingle. Holding champagne flutes and martini glasses. The typical snobbish, rich-people party in GOTHAN CITY.

HARVEY DENT is standing around talking with three older looking men in tuxedos when BRUCE WAYNE walks up with JESSICA WHITNEY.

BRUCE

Harvey.

HARVEY

Bruce. Glad you could make.

HARVEY and BRUCE shake hands.

BRUCE

You finally did it Harvey.

HARVEY

What can I say? The best man won.

The three men in suits chuckle a bit and one guy says:

SUIT #1

You got that damn right.

HARVEY

Who’s your friend?

BRUCE

This is, Jessica Whitney.

HARVEY offers his hand to JESSCIA.

HARVEY

How are you Jessica?

JESSCIA

Nice to meet you Mister Dent.

HARVEY

Please, call me HARVEY.

BRUCE (to Jessica)

Jessie, can you get me a scotch from the bar.

JESSICA

Sure.

JESSICA walks off toward the bar.

HARVEY (to Suits)

Excuse me gentlemen. Mister Wayne and me have some catching up to do.

HARVEY and BRACE walk away.

CUT TO:

INT LIBRARY/STUDY

Harvey is throwing darts at the dartboard while WAYNE is pouring a drink from the built in liquor cabinet.

HARVEY

He’s killing me out there Bruce. Property damage. Law suits. Sooner or later I’m gonna run out of excuses.

BRUCE

We’ve already had this conversationâ€â€

Pretty cool.

You’ve got something good going on here, don’t stop.

well im going to keep adding on to it and ill put it up againi when i finish volume one

[quote]now i kno mabe some of you saw tha terrible fan made film where BATMAN becomes a heroin adict and is ass raped by his kidnapper but this aint gon be nothin lik that. im gon make this epic and break it up into three different volumes. This a very small bit of what its like.
[/quote]

Is that “Batman: Dead End”, the one by Sandy Collara or whatever his name is?

I’ve never actually seen any of the Batman fan films but I’ve heard good things

about his films.

As far as your script goes I pretty much like it although I don’t really follow Batman’s

comics that closely. I’m more into the Tim Drake series. Does Harvey Dent really know

about Bruce being Batman? I think you could probly do the whole Harvey/Bruce conversation

in fewer words and still accomplish just as much.

well actually no HARVEY DENT doesn’t know but i had it in my story. i guess i shud work on it more for u guys.