The Cast of Inglourious Basterds

[quote=“Ify”]
Kill Bill was a fantasitc journey in cinema, with twists, hilarious stuff, great acting, totally fictitious stuff, lots of violence and great music - imagine if Roth and Pegg were in that!
[/quote]

If people are willing to accept that for Inglorious Bastards (certainly not me!) what makes you think they wouldn’t have welcomed it with Kill Bill?

[quote=“Ify”]Kill Bill was a fantasitc journey in cinema, with twists, hilarious stuff, great acting, totally fictitious stuff, lots of violence and great music - imagine if Roth and Pegg were in that!
[/quote]

shit, you’re right. I just tried to imagine that and it’s scary AS HELL.

Let’s just put our trust into QT now.

No sexual innuendos, please.

[quote=“Kinick”]
If people are willing to accept that for Inglorious Bastards (certainly not me!) what makes you think they wouldn’t have welcomed it with Kill Bill?
[/quote]

Kind of a different type of story. A female lead revenge film vs a 1940s era WW2 movie? Its like comparing apples and oranges.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
You gotta just trust that QT knows these guys will be great in their roles. Like I said before, QT didnt spend all that time writing the script to cast people who would ruin his movie. If he did, it would be the biggest mistake of his professional life.
[/quote]

There is a large percentage of people that believe Death Proof is QT’s biggest mistake so far in his professional life. I’m just really protective of QT’s baby so-to-speak. If there is anyone that doesn’t want him to fuck this up, it’s me.

“I just became too precious about the page. It just had to be the greatest thing I had ever done and I just couldn’t stop writing” - Quentin Tarantino on Inglorious Bastards.

If things are still in the same vein, there is no problem.

[quote=“Kinick”]
[/quote]

Yeah, I’m curious to know how many people would have welcomed them in Kill Bill. Anybody?

I just read shooting is to begin on October 13th!

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Kind of a different type of story. A female lead revenge film vs a 1940s era WW2 movie? Its like comparing apples and oranges.

[/quote]

What makes you think a horror director and comedy actor mostly known for his British TV programmes are better suited to a 1940’s era WWII movie?

[quote=“Kinick”]
I just read shooting is to begin on October 13th!
[/quote]
Yeah, I read (and mentioned) that too.

So who else is left from QT’s friends to fill the eight Bastards? Nick Frost? Who else is he doing favours for these days? :laugh:

Yeah, all he needs now is Nick Frost and Inglorious Bastards will be the bona fide masterpiece it always looked to be. :-</E>

[quote=“Kinick”]
So who else is left from QT’s friends to fill the eight Bastards? Nick Frost? Who else is he doing favours for these days? :laugh:
[/quote]

The way things look right now, Sebby the admin might recieve a phone call over the next days. Yo Seb, if QT asks for one more guy, tell him I can play a mean Nazi with a straight face, no problem. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Ify”]
What makes you think a horror director and comedy actor mostly known for his British TV programmes are better suited to a 1940’s era WWII movie?
[/quote]

Im not QT. I couldnt tell you. But I dont see Kill Bill and IB as the same kind of film overall.

Ya know I just thought of something. In a recent interview, QT said he is stopping the “writing specifically for one actor” thing. So it sounds like on IB hes just letting whoever does the best performance take the role. Im sure some of it has to do with certain people he wants to work with and that he likes too. He may be able to get a better performances out of Eli Roth and Simon Pegg, since he knows them so well and is friends with them. QT wants to try something new I guess. I dont really know what is in his mind for this. Hes off to one crazy start thats for sure.

Nick Frost could play churchill with some makeup and a haircut and dye

Im expecting to hear that Harvey Weinstein will be playing Churchill.

[quote]Im expecting to hear that Harvey Weinstein will be playing Churchill[/quote]

ha ha that’s pretty good

RIMSHOT

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Im expecting to hear that Harvey Weinstein will be playing Churchill.
[/quote]

Uwe Boll as Hitler might work too.

I sense some fairly hideous and outrageous characters coming on board to play those historical figures too… :-</t>

Bruce Willis as Hitler…

QT has proved he can’t always get a decent performance out of someone who has little acting experience. Eli Roth and Zoe Bell to name two.