The bride's note book in Kill Bill

i always wondered: why does the Bride buy a note book and a bunch of pens JUST TO WRITE 5 NAMES IN IT… names she already knows on top of that. I mean it’s not like she could forget the names of the guys… I know QT did a nod to himself here because he writes his script in this kind of notebooks with black and red felt ink pens and the detail is really nice but still, it always bugged me a little bit… at some point, I thought that she maybe uses it to write information about her ennemies (like how to trace them, where they are and all)… but after she kills vernita we see the notebook and there is only the list written in it (and vernita green episode happens after the Tokyo episode). so what do you think??

did you neber make a “to do” list and enjoyed crossing out things you did? Like it gives you a good feeling because you accomplished something.

it’s also a nice ritual, and it certainly works good for the scenes in the movie.

yeah but i don’t buy three pens and one 150 pages notebook to make a five lines to do list… and what happens to it in volume 2? Esteban Viahero should have asked “ooooh the pussy dead and the death list lost” :wink:

I don’t think money really is Uma’s problem, and I don’t think you should think to much about stuff like this either. It looked cool and was essential that she’d cross out everyone she’d killed…

I always thought she had some bank account somewhere to finance all her flights, cars, the bike, gas, notebook and pens, gun, knife and clothing. One thing that I didn’t like was how she still cared about vanity when she only had one purpose left in life. All the clothing (and makeup) she wears detracts from the seriousness of the film. But above all the one thing I wish they would’ve taken out was her tan in the last scenes. It just looked ridiculous, and why would she waste time getting it when she was supposed to get to Bill before he sent someone for her? She’s x10 more beautiful with light skin, IMO.

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
i always wondered: why does the Bride buy a note book and a bunch of pens JUST TO WRITE 5 NAMES IN IT… names she already knows on top of that. I mean it’s not like she could forget the names of the guys… I know QT did a nod to himself here because he writes his script in this kind of notebooks with black and red felt ink pens and the detail is really nice but still, it always bugged me a little bit… at some point, I thought that she maybe uses it to write information about her ennemies (like how to trace them, where they are and all)… but after she kills vernita we see the notebook and there is only the list written in it (and vernita green episode happens after the Tokyo episode). so what do you think??
[/quote]

one explination-its a movie also how could u carry a sword on a jet right next to you becuase its a movie.

Jesus Christ, already…

[quote=“Jjp”]
one explination-its a movie also how could u carry a sword on a jet right next to you becuase its a movie.
[/quote]
;D

I love that notebook thing

it’s kinda pointless in real life, but here it’s beautiful, in a graphic and emotional way…

[quote=“Tristan”]
;D

I love that notebook thing

it’s kinda pointless in real life, but here it’s beautiful, in a graphic and emotional way…
[/quote]

yeaaa lol

Starvin Marvin, her vanity wasn’t just for herself. It’s to keep up appearances and not look too suspicious and blend in, but more so I took it as moving on with her life she damn near didn’t have. And her tan more than likely came about when ohhhhh I don’t know walking around in the desert for a few hours usually does that.

[quote=“badmutha77”]
Starvin Marvin, her vanity wasn’t just for herself. It’s to keep up appearances and not look too suspicious and blend in, but more so I took it as moving on with her life she damn near didn’t have. And her tan more than likely came about when ohhhhh I don’t know walking around in the desert for a few hours usually does that.
[/quote]

yea that will usually bring a tan lol.

[quote=“Starvin Marvin”]
I always thought she had some bank account somewhere to finance all her flights, cars, the bike, gas, notebook and pens, gun, knife and clothing. One thing that I didn’t like was how she still cared about vanity when she only had one purpose left in life. All the clothing (and makeup) she wears detracts from the seriousness of the film. But above all the one thing I wish they would’ve taken out was her tan in the last scenes. It just looked ridiculous, and why would she waste time getting it when she was supposed to get to Bill before he sent someone for her? She’s x10 more beautiful with light skin, IMO.
[/quote]In the longer version of the script, before they decided to make two films, QT showed her digging up a chest full of money that she saved up. That and a scene where she eats an ice cream cone, vanilla was the flavor if I recall. Yummy.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
In the longer version of the script, before they decided to make two films, QT showed her digging up a chest full of money that she saved up. That and a scene where she eats an ice cream cone, vanilla was the flavor if I recall. Yummy.
[/quote]

yea because she could not have a bank account banks would want to know where all this money is coming from if she has no job.

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
[/quote]

A notebook and a couple of pens cost what, 5 bucks maximum? She could have had other stuff written on the pages that you didn’t see or maybe she just wanted a reminder of all the bloody vengeance she was about to partake in. Or maybe it’s just a movie and you shouldn’t think too hard. Remember that there were samurai swords allowed on the plane, so if I were you I’d be questioning things other than the simple fact that Bea carried a notebook.

yea and sometimes people just do things for the sake of doing them.

[quote=“Jjp”]
yea because she could not have a bank account banks would want to know where all this money is coming from if she has no job.
[/quote]That, or she hates long lines.

[quote=“visualsynergy”]
A notebook and a couple of pens cost what, 5 bucks maximum? She could have had other stuff written on the pages that you didn’t see or maybe she just wanted a reminder of all the bloody vengeance she was about to partake in. Or maybe it’s just a movie and you shouldn’t think too hard. Remember that there were samurai swords allowed on the plane, so if I were you I’d be questioning things other than the simple fact that Bea carried a notebook.
[/quote]I’d say about ten dollars, if they’re really nice pens. Like the ones with the glittery stuff when you write

dont the sell multicolored packs of pens?

I think you guys need to lay off the weed for a while.

[quote=“Jjp”]
dont the sell multicolored packs of pens?
[/quote]They used to. But I think QT used the expensive stuff, Sharpies are expensive. They’re like $5 bucks for only two pens.