The bride the villian?

She broke Bill’s heart. She broke a killers heart. She left Bill without even letting him know. What did she think was gonna happen. Did she think that Bill wasnt gonna find her. In the end I think she turned out to be the villian. Even though Bill killed her it was because he loved her. If the bride woulda told Bill she was gonna have a baby he wouldnt make her work for him anymore. Bill turns out to be a loving father. You turn out to feel sorry for Bill in the end. I think the bride is the villian.

I get where you’re coming from. I agree that by the end of the film I was upset when Bill died, but then again, I’m still on the Bride’s side. And because of Bill’s “love” she lost a lot of her life, and I think she was “justified” for lack of a better word, in what she did. Although, I do feel really bad for that kid. Bill was a great dad, and a part of me really wanted them to work it out and be a family, but then the other part was like “He shot her in the head!” All I know is that that kid is gonna need some serious therapy by the time she’s grown up lol.

I’m gonna have to disagree that the Bride is the villian though because as bad as I feel for Bill because he died, he started it, he shot her in the head with all intentions of killing her. She deserved her revenge.

Well, the way I look at it is The Bride shouldn’t have left Bill without telling him, etc, etc. But Bill was wrong to go so far to torcher her and then shoot her in the head.

Agreed, she did a shit thing by leaving him without telling him, but does that honestly marit a nasty beating and shooting her in the head? I think not

[quote=“IchLiebeQuentin”]
Agreed, she did a shit thing by leaving him without telling him
[/quote]

It wasnt so shit. She didnt want her baby to grow up in Bill’s criminal world. She didnt want him to have his control and influence over their child. She knew Bill was bad and that for her baby to have a better future, she had to get out and hide.

She also couldnt have told Bill she was leaving, or that she was leaving with their child, simply because he would never let her.

It may have been a morally bad thing for her to do, but as opposed to staying and letting Bill raise the child, it was a far better choice. Too bad he found her. She should have gotten out of the country.

[quote=“Usurper”]
It wasnt so shit. She didnt want her baby to grow up in Bill’s criminal world. She didnt want him to have his control and influence over their child. She knew Bill was bad and that for her baby to have a better future, she had to get out and hide.

She also couldnt have told Bill she was leaving, or that she was leaving with their child, simply because he would never let her.

It may have been a morally bad thing for her to do, but as opposed to staying and letting Bill raise the child, it was a far better choice. Too bad he found her. She should have gotten out of the country.
[/quote]

100 % agree!

What could she do? Bill would never ever allow her to be there child a normal kid. His influence would turn the baby into a killer, definetly.
She is protecting her child by running away.

No he wouldnt. Bill turned out to be a great loving father. If they woulda stayed together Bill woulda loved the bride and their daughter. Bill would be reasonable about it.

[quote=“QT Fan”]
No he wouldnt. Bill turned out to be a great loving father. If they woulda stayed together Bill woulda loved the bride and their daughter. Bill would be reasonable about it.
[/quote]

He turned out to be great father AFTER he tried to KILL an unborn baby and the woman he loved! To love somebody does mean to accept her decisions and not to kill her, cuz she seemed to stop loving him. This is extremly “spoiled”.

When a woman is pregnant she starts thinking about the future of the baby and such. Kiddo realized that the only chance for her baby living a normal life is leaving the father. A man who is able to kill his woman, cuz she left, what would he do with his child later on, when she wanna go too?

Do you think it´s quite normal to tell a little child that the own father shoot her mami in the head?

Kiddo only wanna protect her child for growing up in a community who loves to kill and earning money with this shit.

And an other fact. In which kinda danger would the child live! Her mother is an assasin and her father loves to kill (don´t forget what Hanzo seems to know about Bill - it was bad enough for him tu quit making swords!). There is a fucking huge chance that some enemies would try to kidnapp the child and such…

You make a very good point.

The Bride is the heroine. Bill is the villian, you say he’s a good father? Well he had no problem letting his people kick the sh*t out of The Bride whilst she was 9 months pregnant, he could of seriously damaged the baby or even of caused the bride to misscarry.

The Bride only wants to protect her baby, you would never get between a bear and it’s cub.

Bill killed the bride because he loved her. Sue,it was out of anger but he loved her and wouldnt have killed her if she woulda told Bill she was having his baby.

What Bill and Bride was either one of the most best or worst possible relationships.

Only baby could have broken it.

(Wait a minute… It did!)

It’s true Bill really did love the bride, but perhaps in the only way one killer can to another killer. As he says rite before he shoots her “This is me at my most masochistic”- he’s hurting/torturing himself by shooting her, but hey if ya gonna run off with the guys unborn child, letting him think your dead, knowing fully well he likes to kill people, you have got to expect some retaliation.

However i disagree that she is the villain in this bloody tale, she is a mother protecting not her own interests but those of her child. When he shoots her i dont think shes as bothered about it as she is the fact she assumes the baby inside of her is dead. As we see when she wakes up in the hospital, clasps her womb and bursts into tears. Ultimately Bill is psychotic and deserved to die, and she deserved to be reunited with her child, so everyone is happy. ;D

I’d say that she is a villain in Kill Bill. Basically, I think that every character in Kill Bill is a villain, because they’re all murderous psychos. Bill’s speech at the end of Volume 2 summed it up for me. I mean, come on, she murdered Vernita in front of her four-year-old child.

I don’t think she is the villian, maybe on the lines of an anti-hero. I dunno. But she is a villian, but not THE villian.