The Black Dahlia

[quote=“Luxie”]
Yeah, i saw that! But that will change! :smiley:
[/quote]

I don’t doubt about it :stuck_out_tongue:

Pics from the film:

Fuck! Those pictures look friggin’ awesome!! 8)

This film looks really good. One of the 3 I really need to see this year. The other 2 being Scanner Darkly and Marie-Antionette.

[quote=“Seth_Gecko (TAFKATIG)”]
Fuck! Those pictures look friggin’ awesome!! 8)

[/quote]

they look … gawesome 8) yeah looks great

i hope it released around the same time The Good Shepherd does, they look like a double feauture

Oh my god, why do I never check these threads? I just found out a brilliant fact - Brian De Palma is actually alive and directing. Rather amusing.

Anyway, it looks very promising, just look at Scarlett, this film cannot fail!

I looked it up on IMDB but I was dragged away with his next project, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369025/. It’s far, far away from this moment, but I already want it NOW.

yeah, I would want it already only for the clothes they are wearing and how they made Scarlett look!! Fucking amazing!

So classy 8)

yeah, she looks amazing! I love that 40´s style.

Yeah, a lot of these old time movies lately, it’s incredible how authentic they look, the old cars, the dusty Great Depression look, although I think it’s enough of America, more 40’s Europe films would be nice, especially wartime. I enjoyed every single scene in Der Untergang, so sweet, nothing plastic, nothing pink or bright green, nothing ‘nowadays’. This recalls how much I want Inglorious Bastards…

By the way, someone should make a true film-noir, black and white, all Humphrey Bogart. Imagine that 50’s movie trailer voice - “another great adventure starring…”. …Now that I think of it - who could really star in a real old time film-noir nowadays?

I agree, they should make a true film-noir. I dont know who could star in one though, have to think about that :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I agree too, there should do one… I hope this movie will be as ggod as the James Ellroy book :wink:

[quote=“Bleach”]
Oh my god, why do I never check these threads? [/quote]

That’s waht I was saying, just me on this topic and now everyone can find interest in it… Great !

Has anybody seen Brown’s Requiem? I haven’t read that book yet but the movie sounds like it’d be good. I’m reading The Cold Six Thousand now, I think that and the book it’s a sequel to, American Tabloid, would be an awesome miniseries for HBO or Showtime. Ellroy’s stuff always has enough plot developments and cool dialog that it adapts well, but I imagine that all the scene changes and minor characters have to make them a pain in the ass for screenwriters and producers. Still, more of his stuff should be made into films.

Oh, and Scarlett Johannsen would look good if you beat her in the face with a lead pipe, so of course she looks good as Kay Lake here.

More stills from the film:

Poster:

I’ve already seen those pics and always look promissing to me. The poster is a cool idea, it looks more like a book. And for those who know the end of James Ellroy novel this smile with this red lipstick is a cool idea !

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
I’ve already seen those pics and always look promissing to me. The poster is a cool idea, it looks more like a book. And for those who know the end of James Ellroy novel this smile with this red lipstick is a cool idea !
[/quote]

Yeah, that smile is a very cool idea.I just thought i would post some pics for those who hasnt seen them before.

You’re right to post the pics. If I have time, I’ll post some more I have (but everytime the same problem, they are on my other computer and I can’t put them on this one now… >:()

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
You’re right to post the pics. If I have time, I’ll post some more I have (but everytime the same problem, they are on my other computer and I can’t put them on this one now… >:()
[/quote]

Ok, just post them whenever you can, would be awesome :smiley:

I read yesterday that “The Black Dahlia” is announced for 8th November 2006.

November? That´s a looong time from now :frowning:

The movie was 1st announced for May in France, but yeah I think it was just a mistake :-X