The Bill & Budd topic:

Hey,

has anyone noticed the scene where Bill and Budd are talking at his trailer… and where Bill mentioned a sentence, and I quote:… "I know we haven’t spoken in some time. And the last time we spoke wasn’t the most pleasant, but you got to get over being mad at me and start becoming afraid of tuuuuut"

Does anyone know what Bill refers to when he says… :“you got to get over being mad at me…” ? In other words, why is/was Budd mad at Bill??

Thx a lot !!  :slight_smile:

edit: I changed the name of this topic - so I can copie some other ones in this… cps

I was wondering about that myself. I think it’s one of those “who know?” things, like the PF briefcase, but a lot more subtle. I think the point of that conversation was to inspire sympathy for Budd: he wants to face her alone and accept whatever happens. The anger towards Bill is just there to make Budd’s actions more likely.

Or something.

I don’t get that bit either.

In an interview David Carradine talked about the background of the problems between Bill and his bro.

You know that Qt loves to imagine the history of every role he create (Daryl too talked about it, she said, that one day QT told her many not filmed details about the Elle character).

He creates allways more than finally show in the movie.

But back to Bill. Carradine said that QT explained him that he had the idea, that - after the bride story - Bill took Elle, but Budd also wanna have her. But Elle wanted Bill, so Budd was pissed off of Bill and Elle.

We have this interview here on the board. But I´m on work now and have less time to search.

Just take a look around… Sorry, for not helping better.

Thx a lot !!

And CPS, that’s all the help I needed… THX !! I thought the same thing, but wasn’t really sure. I’ll be looking for the interview…

Greetz

[quote]But back to Bill. Carradine said that QT explained him that he had the idea, that - after the bride story - Bill took Elle, but Budd also wanna have her. But Elle wanted Bill, so Budd was pissed off of Bill and Elle.

We have this interview here on the board. But I´m on work now and have less time to search.[/quote]

That’s interesting and helpful actually, I thought Budd was mad at bill because of some girl in the past. But I’d never guessed that Elle would be that girl.

The phonecall from Budd to Elle after he rocksalted Beatrix makes more sense now too, remeber he said “…you hateful bitch”, I feel a lot of “oppressed feelings” in their conversations in general.

Thanks for the info CPS.

Alright lets put things into perspective. Why would Bill be living nicely with a nice home and money while his brother Budd is a bouncer at a titty bar and lives in a trailer.

It should be painfully obvious that Budd never forgave himself for what happened to Beatrix so he severed his relationship with his brother.

However much sympathy he feels towards her aim. He knows she is coming to kill him and must do what it takes to prevent her from doing that.

I mean the guy buries her alive and gives her a flashlight.

You know, Sidewinder, I think your right. I admit I never really thought of that. Vol. 2 seems to practically be all about sympathetic bad guys (and gals :wink:). Bill, Budd, Elle, Pai Mei, Estevan (he is a pimp). Even the Bride is a killer, but we all love her :slight_smile:.

How is Elle sympathetic?

maybe he meant Elle was sympathetic towards Beatrix after what Budd did to her, or she was sympathetic towards Bea as she didn’t kill her whilst she was in a coma (although she was just following orders), but Elle is one mean bitch IMO.

A big fat “exactly” to everything you just said, pretty much.

i was under the impression that buddwas kinda angry with bill because of the masacre incident?

maybe something about him being sorry for the life he had and maybe the massacre was the last drop because budd didnt understood why his brother could do that to the woman she loved. and all the divas heard that “bill, is your baby” thing and budd thought that it was wrong to do that to her.

but that’s just me

also: i watch vol. 2 the other day and i noticed that budd’ sword didnt have the hanzo lion, maybe bill stole that from hattori and gave it to budd so that they could be brothers in arms also

Even Bill’s Hanzo didn’t have a lion on. Maybe because all Hanzo swords are unique. Each person (or each hanzo sword) has its own specific symbol/inscription/image on it.

Also, How does one hanzo sword compare to another one?

Well…If you’re gonna compare a Hanzo sword, you compare it to every sword ever made – wasn’t made by Hattori Hanzo!!!

barlevy:

what went bad between bill and bud ??

Blood splattered Bride:

I don’t know either but I doubt if this is explained in the movie. But if we consider Budd’s condition in vol.2 (a drunk scum who lives isolated somewhere in the desert), then Budd decided to quit all this hitman stuff after the wedding massacre, hit the bottle, take some money and live his life till he eventually dies (or…is killed! ). I personally think of Bill being the hard-working brother, while Budd is a lazy butt who is not capable of doing anything! I mean he doesn’t even have his own rifle in the wedding! His 3 female colleagues do all the job for him!

Puck:

Really? I could swear I saw him holding an M-16 in that scene, too. I agree that Bill is probably the harder working brother, but I think Budd is the one that inherited the conscience

Rogue:

No, he has a gun in the chapel massacre.

mikeviper:

Bud did have a gun in two pines maybe Bill and Buds falling out was a result of killing civilians other than Beatrix

The admin:

I think that Budd split with the entire gang after what they did to Beatrix. maybe they had a big argument and then split up then

Really, I think of the Massacre as THE breaking point of the group. Budd probably left out of guilt, Vernita became a mom (ironically, that’s the same “crime” as the Bride, except that SHE wasn’t Bill’s main squeeze), and O-ren started her own bit o’ trouble a year(?) later. Elle, bless her black heart, was the only one who stayed with ol’ Snake Charmer, and that’s probably because

a) She hated Kiddo and

b) She probably coundn’t find anyone else who would hire her, LOL!

What was it between Budd n Bill? what was quentin talking about when he said “unfulfilled brotherlove” in the making of? why did budd lie about the hanzo sword Bill gave him?

Bill: “Can’t we just forget the past?”

???What?

I don’t get it, did somebody get it?

Well, not that I got it, but I guess QT wanst to suggest there has been some sort of problem between them after which Budd didn’t come out all too well (look at how/where he lives/works and the fucked up life he leads). But in spite of all this, he still loves his brother (Budd: “this is for breaking my brother’s heart”). Maybe that’s the unfulfilled brotherlove Q talks about, and maybe that’s why Bill asks him to forget the past.

Yea, it could be that, and the fact that quentin realzes more goes on, or should go on, in a movie then just the plot. It makes it more realistic, but since most movies only discuss the plot, it can make it confusing that its not explained. Plus, it can add to the movie, by saying, yea, something happened, but they still care about one another.

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
What was it between Budd n Bill? what was quentin talking about when he said “unfulfilled brotherlove” in the making of? why did budd lie about the hanzo sword Bill gave him?

Bill: “Can’t we just forget the past?”

???What?

I don’t get it, did somebody get it?
[/quote]

I merged the topic you made with this one.

You can find some interessting posts here…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I wrote to the same questions one million times ago

[quote=“CPS”]
In an interview David Carradine talked about the background of the problems between Bill and his bro.

You know that Qt loves to imagine the history of every role he create (Daryl too talked about it, she said, that one day QT told her many not filmed details about the Elle character).

He creates allways more than finally show in the movie.

But back to Bill. Carradine said that QT explained him that he had the idea, that - after the bride story - Bill took Elle, but Budd also wanna have her. But Elle wanted Bill, so Budd was pissed off of Bill and Elle.

We have this interview here on the board. But I´m on work now and have less time to search.

Just take a look around… Sorry, for not helping better.
[/quote]

So imagine the idae: Bill was togehter with Kiddo, than took her in a come and in the mean time he fucked with Elle, a woman Budd also was interessted in… This would be an interpretation for Budds behavior when he talked with Elle in the desert.

As others have said, Budd & Elle’s conversations throughout volume 2 and in fact Budd and Bill’s conversations certainly indicate some sort of hidden anger. It makes so much more sense to watch it now with that in mind. Bill, obviously heart-broken by Bea’s actions, rebounded with Elle who Budd was interested in. The whole thing makes you realise there is more to the story than you think.

Elle is sympathic in a way in Volume 2 when she says “Regret, that maybe the greatest warrior i have ever known met her end at the hands of a bush-whackin’, scrub, alky piece of shit like you. That woman deserved better.”