• Quintessential Tarantino (Page)
  • Pocket Essential QT (Holm)
  • The Man and his movies (Bernard)
  • Shooting from the hip (Clarkson)
  • Film Geek Files (Woods)
  • Interviews (Peary)
  • Cinema of Cool (Dawson)
  • Tarantino (Smith)
  • other (specify below, might change poll)

0 voters

Ok guys, let’s vote.

I havent read any of them but i hear alot good things about Quintessential Tarantino

Never bought a QT book in my life. Anything I need to know or/and share, I find it right here on the tarantino.info board. :smiley:

I own this german Tarantino book by Fischer/Körte/Seeßlen. But not yet the newest release with an additional interview with QT and the whole stuff aboute Kill Bill.

[quote=“Lode”]
I own this german Tarantino book by Fischer/Körte/Seeßlen. But not yet the newest release with an additional interview with QT and the whole stuff aboute Kill Bill.
[/quote]

i guess that’s the best one in german, yeah. but i haven’t read it.

It is nice, yes. But the fictional script at the end is sensless. The author tried to do what ever, I don’t know. Within this script are quotes from QT movies and other guys 'n girls.

I thought about buying the new release because of this extra interview and of course the KB part.

there’s a fake script in there? how lame!

No! It is not a script of a movie. It is titled as “Is this the way to Tarantino” and includes these quotes etc. I can’t get the sense of this. Maybe I am too stupid for this

There’s also a book called ‘Tarantino’ by Jim Smith relased recently ove here in England, that books okay.

I must read Quintenessital QT though.

B

Oh silly me I didnt look its already been notes doh!

I was having a homer moment

Or maybe because ive just done 8 hours of data inputting at work

Time to watch Kill Bill

haha.

I started reading the Quintessential now. I am curious how it’s gonna be. I also have the Smith one on my shelf, but not read yet. all my reviews will be up on the main page as always

Yeah The Film Geek Files one is really cool.

i’ve never read a QT book. are they really worth it?

I dont think so… i have IMDB, Google and of course this forum to find things about QT if i need/want to…

[quote=“zeppelincheetah”]
i’ve never read a QT book. are they really worth it?
[/quote]

some are, some aren’t. i really recommend the Bernard one, that one’s really cool. stuff you dont find online

only read Film Geek Files and it’s cool, i like what Quentin said about Blaxpoitation

Reading a book is mor comfortable than reading in the internet - for me…

I bought J.Smith’s book on QT the other day, it’s not as much about Quentin as it is about his films. It’s still a good read though

I have never read any Tarantino books before - I read a book about Pulp Fiction though, can’t mind the name off-hand. I have heard good things about Quintessential Tarantino, maybe I should try find it at my local book store.

i read the first 50 or so pages now of Page’s book and so far its the worst i’ve read. i wont judge the book now since i havent finished it yet, but the impression so far is, that there are better books out there.