The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

The Basterds

Ok, Aldo Rayne, Donny Donowitz and Hugo Stiglitz are the main basterds, but in what order whould we rank the other ones in terms of their importence to the plot? I whould say:

1.Omar Ulmer

2.Smithson Utivich

3.Wilhelm Wicki

4.Gerold Hirschberg

5.Michael Zimmerman

6.Andy Kagan

7.Simon Sakowitz

Omar didn’t have THAT much to do with the plot. It could have been any basterd. I’d definitely put him below Wiki and Utivich.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Omar didn’t have THAT much to do with the plot. It could have been any basterd. I’d definitely put him below Wiki and Utivich.[/quote]

But he still did more important stuff than Wiki and Utivich. What did Utivich and Wiki do that were important to the plot?

[quote=“VikingWithNoName”][quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Omar didn’t have THAT much to do with the plot. It could have been any basterd. I’d definitely put him below Wiki and Utivich.[/quote]

But he still did more important stuff than Wiki and Utivich. What did Utivich and Wiki do that were important to the plot?[/quote]

Wiki was one of the german-speakers, so he was very important. And Utivich had a nickname, so he was more important. :smiley:

Omar didn’t REALLY need to be there. Donny could have pulled all that off on his own.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“VikingWithNoName”][quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Omar didn’t have THAT much to do with the plot. It could have been any basterd. I’d definitely put him below Wiki and Utivich.[/quote]

But he still did more important stuff than Wiki and Utivich. What did Utivich and Wiki do that were important to the plot?[/quote]

Wiki was one of the german-speakers, so he was very important. And Utivich had a nickname, so he was more important. :smiley:

Omar didn’t REALLY need to be there. Donny could have pulled all that off on his own.[/quote]

The entire thing with Omar was that he was just a random guy among the basterds. Quentin could have used Hirshberg or Zimmerman or Andy Kagan. That was what i liked with the movie. The random soldier got important. And Donny whould never been able to do it without help. O0

[quote=“VikingWithNoName”]

The entire thing with Omar was that he was just a random guy among the basterds. Quentin could have used Hirshberg or Zimmerman or Andy Kagan. That was what i liked with the movie. The random soldier got important. And Donny whould never been able to do it without help. O0[/quote]

Oh, see, that’s why I felt Omar wasn’t more important… Because it could have been any of them. I still say Wiki is like the number 4 guy. :wink:

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“VikingWithNoName”]

The entire thing with Omar was that he was just a random guy among the basterds. Quentin could have used Hirshberg or Zimmerman or Andy Kagan. That was what i liked with the movie. The random soldier got important. And Donny whould never been able to do it without help. O0[/quote]

Oh, see, that’s why I felt Omar wasn’t more important… Because it could have been any of them. I still say Wiki is like the number 4 guy. :wink:[/quote]

I still think we should rank them for that they did, Omar killed Goebbels, talked with good italian accent and made the Eastern Condors run. Wiki cut a dudes throat and… sat silent in a bar.

And translated english to german during the interrogation scene.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]And translated english to german during the interrogation scene.[/quote]

You are right. He is more important than Utivich. :smiley:

Wicki could have kicked Omar’s puny little ass. :laugh:

[quote=“Kinick”]Wicki could have kicked Omar’s puny little ass. :laugh:[/quote]

:laugh: I concur.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“Kinick”]Wicki could have kicked Omar’s puny little ass. :laugh:[/quote]

:laugh: I concur.[/quote]

Yes he whould. If they made a prequel they should give him more space. And Andy Kagan. He was bad ass. Just look at his face then he killed that nazi in the prison.

the translator > the little man > Omar > Samm Levine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest (almost nonexistant)

It may also be worth noting that in the original script it was Hirschberg, not Omar, who went with Donny and Aldo to the theatre.

[quote=“Tornmuscle”]It may also be worth noting that in the original script it was Hirschberg, not Omar, who went with Donny and Aldo to the theatre.[/quote]

I know that. I think he changed that becouse the script leaked out. Levine was cool as Hirschberg, hope we get to see more og him later on.

[quote=“VikingWithNoName”][quote=“Tornmuscle”]It may also be worth noting that in the original script it was Hirschberg, not Omar, who went with Donny and Aldo to the theatre.[/quote]

I know that. I think he changed that becouse the script leaked out. Levine was cool as Hirschberg, hope we get to see more og him later on.[/quote]

I think he changed it cos he has a mancrush on Omar Doom.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“VikingWithNoName”][quote=“Tornmuscle”]It may also be worth noting that in the original script it was Hirschberg, not Omar, who went with Donny and Aldo to the theatre.[/quote]

I know that. I think he changed that becouse the script leaked out. Levine was cool as Hirschberg, hope we get to see more og him later on.[/quote]

I think he changed it cos he has a mancrush on Omar Doom.[/quote]
Hahahahahaha!! :D

By the way Geoi, was there not a basterd who was supposed to be called Geoi?

[quote=“VikingWithNoName”][quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]

By the way Geoi, was there not a basterd who was supposed to be called Geoi?[/quote]

Indeed there was. However, I felt it would be too obvious, so I asked Quentin to cut him out. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“VikingWithNoName”][quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]

By the way Geoi, was there not a basterd who was supposed to be called Geoi?[/quote]

Indeed there was. However, I felt it would be too obvious, so I asked Quentin to cut him out. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

So what basterd was called Geoi? I have a slite memory of that being Utvich.

Hahaha :laugh: Some noob lurker is going to read this and think it’s true.