Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I like this show quite a bit.

In Season 2 (currently on Fox), guess who makes a small cameo:

;D

Oh, nice… I could keep up with it online, but the few shows I saw weren’t all that interesting. Maybe I’ll give it another go based on your recommendation.

well I’d say you’d like it if you buy into the whole T1 and T2 (the series assumes T3 never happened, rightfully so) mythology and if you’re interested in more of the backstories and those characters. It is very TVish but it has nice elements (summer glau’s and lena headey’s being four of those, ahaha) and it is really well made. I have enjoyed it so far… for being what it is, a television-ized version of something that would otherwise be R-rated and ultra-high budget…

Yeah, it’s a pretty solid show. Took me a few episodes to get into it but I’m pretty much hooked now. I never thought I’d say this about anything but the series really picks up when Brian Austin Green joins the cast. He’s gotta pretty interesting character and he plays it well.

That’s something I never thought I would read… that a series picked up when Brian Austin Green came on board…

I guess he must have something to catch Megan Fox… Not sure what that is though ::slight_smile:

[quote=“Sebastian”]
well I’d say you’d like it if you buy into the whole T1 and T2 (the series assumes T3 never happened, rightfully so) mythology and if you’re interested in more of the backstories and those characters. It is very TVish but it has nice elements (summer glau’s and lena headey’s being four of those, ahaha) and it is really well made. I have enjoyed it so far… for being what it is, a television-ized version of something that would otherwise be R-rated and ultra-high budget…
[/quote]

Haven’t watched the series, but in T3 it is stated Sarah Connor died in 1997. Perhaps the show takes place before 97. If that’s the only reason why it doesn’t connect with the third film, that is.

They time travel before she dies, and she tries to keep herself from dying… That’s why I couldn’t connect.

the series more or less pretends T3 never happened. that’s a good thing. T3 was a piece of shit

Yeah, kind of a downer to find out that you can’t change the future no matter what you do.

[quote=“Geoi”]
Yeah, kind of a downer to find out that you can’t change the future no matter what you do.
[/quote]
Gotta go. I left the oven on, & my future is burning!

[quote=“Sebastian”]
the series more or less pretends T3 never happened.
[/quote]

So far. The fact that they’re able to time travel still leaves it open for the possibility that Sarah gets cancer, travels back in time and dies in 1997. I thought Terminator 3 was pretty fucking good, so I hope they don’t try to pretend that things that happened in it never happened. I think it just hasn’t happened yet. The only reason I think this is because John’s whole story arc seems to be him going from an annoyingly immature emo-kid (T2 version) to a reluctant hero (T3 version).

Pretty sure the show won’t run long enough to get any real answers anyway. Seems like Fox is pretty much set on not finishing out the season. My guess is that it’ll run until 24 comes back and then it’s done. I think it’s for the best though as the series can’t really have a satisfying or original ending. Either it ends with them stopping skynet from ever existing, which makes the entire series impossible (futuristic robots can’t come back in time to kill/protect John if they were never invented), or it’s only a matter of time before they’re telling the same story that Terminator 3 and the new trilogy have done (they fail and the war happens anyway).

i love the terminator theme tune ^-^

Forgot about this thread but I read a couple weeks ago that Fox actually picked the show up for a full season so that’s good news. Bad news is nobody seems to have a clue when the second half will air. Fox released their mid-season line up and both Terminator and Prison break are nowhere to be found. 24 and Dollhouse have the Monday night slots.

Fox was reluctant to pick up both shows so my guess is they’re gonna pull them off the air for like two-three months starting on the 24th then when they finally bring them back it’ll be on a new night and poorly advertised so that they can chase off the few fans they’ve got left.

EDIT:

Just found another article and apparently Fox has done some shifting. Terminator will move to Friday’s on February 13th.

yeah i’m glad they picked it up. i think the quality of the writing also has improved. the last episodes were really good, the series is gaining depth

[quote=“Dex”]
I thought Terminator 3 was pretty fucking good, so I hope they don’t try to pretend that things that happened in it never happened.[/quote]

Agreed. It would be pretty lame if they just ignore T3 for the sake of it. Besides, the new Terminator movie will continue where the third one left off…so it would a whole mess. I hate it when directors piss on continuity in these type of productions.

I like how the series is getting more and more complex and is slowly becoming more and more of a must-see before you watch T4. It does what the video games did for Star Wars, they explain a lot of the background and the genesis, set a lot of the mood etc