Tarantino party! ideas welcome!

i turn 25 in march, and, as i always do, im throwing a themed party…and ive decided im gonna do a tarantino party and hopefully hire a 50s themed bar to have it in.

so anyone got any ideas i can throw in to make it even better?

ive thought about having a twist contest, cos that could be funny…any other ideas?

i love throwing parties but i rarely do anything for myself.

kate

xo

You really have to be careful with the music played there. If you only play songs from QT movies, you may be limited, or you also have to check out all the songs in the jukebox in Death Proof. For the others songs, you have to think hard whether it sounds like the QT-style or not. Maybe you can ask advices here :wink:

Otherwise you gotta be more precise on the costume rules for the people. For example, those who have never seen any QT movies won’t know precisely what kind of costumes you wait for.

You have to pimp your invitation cards of course, make them like pulp posters or exploitation posters.

Big Kahuna burgers & Nachos at the bar OF COURSE !

Yep, make sure the DJ has all the best QT film music. Maybe have some good regular party music you like mixed with the QT movie music.

Definitely make it a QT costume party.

Maybe have a big screen TV playing QT movie footage. Make a mix DVD of certain scenes or just play his DVDs as they are.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Maybe have a cool big screen TV playing QT movie footage. Make a mix DVD or just play his DVDs as they are.
[/quote]

That’d be awesome !

Get like, seven TVs and dvd players, in a big room and play all Tarantino movies at once.

Just mix everything from the 50’s and 70’s with everything in Tarantino’s movies together and you’ve got a party. You gotta have milkshakes and burgers. Print out small Tarantino posters

Gimps and rapists

[quote=“Fuckface”]
Get like, seven TVs and dvd players, in a big room and play all Tarantino movies at once.
[/quote]

thatd be amazing! but i reckon thatd end up costing me LOADS of money!

and big kahuna burgers! of course!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Gimps and rapists
[/quote]

haha, a party gimp would be funny…but i dunno about rapists!

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Yep, make sure the DJ has all the best QT film music. Maybe have some good regular party music you like mixed with the QT movie music.

Definitely make it a QT costume party.

[/quote]

music is a tough one, but i reckon my music collection is up to the task!

i got loads of cds of surf music, japanese retro garage rock and stuff.

[quote=“Fuckface”]
[/quote]

Yes, because he has 7 films.

I think one big screen TV with his films on as you have the DJ playing music would be great though. That way you can still watch the movies, but listen to the dance music or whatever you like. Its just for the atmosphere purposes. You want people to know that its a QT party. Whats better than seeing images from his films as they talk/dance/drink/eat?

If you dont want to play QT movie score music, pick the most upbeat tracks that would fit best in a party (like Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood, You Never Can Tell, Street Life, Nobody But Me, Baby Its You).

Maybe also do up the place in yellow and black colors for the Kill Bill reference.

Food should def be burgers, fries, nachos, pizza, chili, beer, Vanilla Cokes, 5 dollar shakes. The type of stuff you see in QT movies.

Invite Quentin Tarantino. That might help. Maybe.

[quote=“Ify”]
Invite Quentin Tarantino. That might help. Maybe.
[/quote]

haha, ill send him an invite…

:wink:

Can I come?

[quote=“Ify”]
Can I come?
[/quote]
perhaps. if you happen to be in london…and can come as stuntman mike. :wink:

[quote=“katekamikaze”]
perhaps. if you happen to be in london…and can come as stuntman mike. :wink:
[/quote]

London is 3 1/2 hours away. Hmmm… will I get beaten on by some hot chicks??

[quote=“Ify”]
London is 3 1/2 hours away. Hmmm… will I get beaten on by some hot chicks??
[/quote]

haha! who knows?

:smiley:

I like the uncertainty… count me in ;D

[quote=“Ify”]
Yes, because he has 7 films.
[/quote]

Six… Sorry.