Tarantino.info Exclusive Basterds coverage topic

for Tarantino : I know you don’t plane the shots and everything but you do it on the day of shooting but is the rushing of the production and the 80M budget changed the way you usually do?

Have you got movies you’re ashamed to enjoy? What are the movies you loved last year ?

What are the TV shows (except CSI) you enjoy? Are you planning to adapt an other Elmore Leonard book in the future?

for Kruger : Do you have funny anecdotes on the shooting Quentin told you to don’t talk about?

For Waltz : Did you have any propositions from well-known directors to star in a movie?

[quote=“Scarface”]
From a friend of mine on facebook:

“The music you select to in your films is one one the most characteristic traits of your films. With IB I’ve been hearing that one of the scenes that people are already talking about is a scene where you use David Bowie’s “Cat People (Putting Out The Fire)”. From what I’ve heard is that the way this music works in this scene could be as memorable as the torture scene from “Reservoir Dogs” with “Stuck in the middle with you”. Just curious how is it that you were able fit a song from the 80’s into a film about WWII? And what was the inspiration for the song in that scene?”

Pretty good question, may I say.
[/quote]

hm yeah but too long and spoilerific I think.

i like the glasses of milk question

So Quentin, Would you let me take a picture of your feet for Geoi?

Kidding.

Serious question:

Quentin, you’ve said before that you don’t plan to be an “old-man” filmmaker… What if the “Tarantino Generation” keeps going and growing strong, and wanting more and more? You’re just going to leave us high and dry? You talk as if your style is going to become “old hat” or something… In your own mind, what exactly do you think is “too old” to make movies? Will it be when you reach a certain age? Or will it be when you finally make a shite film? (which you’ve never done)

Sebby, you can shorten it as you see fit, but don’t just go for a short answer. DIG for a good one.

Yeeaay, Seba liked my glases of milk question!

This calls for an avatar and a signature!

for QT: You are a fan of Burt Reynolds and Smokey and the Bandit. Will you ever do a movie like that, or a hickspoitation kinda movie?

for QT: Kill Bill is seen by many as your masterpeice, so a third Volume is something many fans wish for. You’ve talked about this, now that you’ve finished Basterds, how do you fell about diving into the Kill Bill universe again?

for QT: what are your favourite german or austrian movies?

Is there one genre that you just refuse not to do?

[quote=“Sebastian”]
so everyone help me out a bit. i need some cool questions for QT, til schweiger, diane kruger, chris waltz, daniel bruehl and august diehl. please only post seriously good questions, thanks!
[/quote]

Basically, a lot of questions about the writing process…

How many note books did you fill writing this script?

Do you write several draft, or basically write one draft that you keep revising?

At which point of the writing did you realise that the main influence on the project were the films made during the war, like Man Hunt and To be or not to be (more than the guys on a mission films from the 60s and 70s)? Beside Five Graves to Cairo, what are your favorites among this genre?

Why didn’t you shoot in France, damnit?

[quote=“Cpt tonyanthony”]
Why didn’t you shoot in France, damnit?
[/quote]

that one’s easy to answer. the french government didnt implement the incentive/filmfunds package that was already available in Berlin, so aside from the fact that QT wanted to shoot on the historic soundstages, it was very much a financial issue. they did shoot 2 days in paris however

[quote=“Sebastian”]
that one’s easy to answer. the french government didnt implement the incentive/filmfunds package that was already available in Berlin, so aside from the fact that QT wanted to shoot on the historic soundstages, it was very much a financial issue. they did shoot 2 days in paris however
[/quote]

i know. it was a joke…

[quote=“Cpt tonyanthony”]
i know. it was a joke…
[/quote]

That Sebastien, he’s such a serious guy.

[quote=“F.W.”]
That Sebastien, he’s such a serious guy.
[/quote]

Watch yourself…

For QT:

1. What are your plans for the DVD/Blu-Ray release of “Inglourious Basterds”?

2. What are your Top 5 films of 2009 (so far)?

8)

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Watch yourself…
[/quote]

That joke was in his favor…

For Qt:

Wuld you ever make a science-fiction movie?

If you make a western, would you like Clint Estwood to have a cameo or some role in the movie?

[quote=“pedrozrl”]
For Qt:

Wuld you ever make a science-fiction movie?

If you make a western, would you like Clint Estwood to have a cameo or some role in the movie?
[/quote]

I’ve always wondered if QT even liked Sci-Fi. I don’t think he does. But I like that first question anyway.

[quote]I’ve always wondered if QT even liked Sci-Fi. I don’t think he does.[/quote]

From many years of perusing the archives on this beautiful website I’ve learned that Qt doesn’t like “big spaceship movies” whatever that means, but he likes the new series Battlestar Galactica. Also, QT Fest featured some sci-fi movies. He’s a fan of Japanese monster movies which could be considered sci-fi movies, especially the ones with Godzilla. He liked the truck/bike chase in T2. From his screenplays one can deduce he likes Marvel universe characters. And so on and so on. I’d say he likes sci-fi.

Bob Rock, are you the producer for Metallica? :wink:

[quote=“Bob Rock”]
From many years of perusing the archives on this beautiful website I’ve learned that Qt doesn’t like “big spaceship movies” whatever that means, but he likes the new series Battlestar Galactica. Also, QT Fest featured some sci-fi movies. He’s a fan of Japanese monster movies which could be considered sci-fi movies, especially the ones with Godzilla. He liked the truck/bike chase in T2. From his screenplays one can deduce he likes Marvel universe characters. And so on and so on. I’d say he likes sci-fi.
[/quote]

Ok! Cool. I knew that stuff about BG, and the comics, and T2. So I guess I don’t wonder about whether he likes “sci-fi”, per say, but I didn’t know he didn’t like “big spaceship movies”. I sort of figured he didn’t though. What a shame. What a damned dirty shame.

[quote=“Bob Rock”]
Yeeaay, Seba liked my glases of milk question!

This calls for an avatar and a signature!
[/quote]

How do you know?! Does he PM the person who’s question he selects?

Well do ya? :smiley:

I’d still like to know if Bob Rock is truly in our forum. The Producer for Metallica. :slight_smile: