The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Tarantino DVD's: longest versions

im planning to get

Reservoir Dogs

PF

Jackie Brown

FDTD

all on DVD, which are the best versions that include German language?

i mean with longest running time, uncut, directors cut, whatever, money doesnt matter.

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
im planning to get

Reservoir Dogs

PF

Jackie Brown

FDTD

all on DVD, which are the best versions that include German language?

i mean with longest running time, uncut, directors cut, whatever, money doesnt matter.
[/quote]

1. the german reservoir dogs speciel edition is the best on the planet
  2. pulp fiction: miserable german DVD, but the only one with german language
  3. jacke brown: miserable german DVD, but the only one with german language
  4. FDTD: german special edition DVD is okay, but has subtitles you cant deactivate on english track (dont get the FSK16 one!!!)

[quote=“Tarantino Forum Admin”]

1. the german reservoir dogs speciel edition is the best on the planet
  2. pulp fiction: miserable german DVD, but the only one with german language
  3. jacke brown: miserable german DVD, but the only one with german language
  4. FDTD: german special edition DVD is okay, but has subtitles you cant deactivate on english track (dont get the FSK16 one!!!)
    [/quote]

where can i get the Reservoir Dogs SE?

Ok, so whats the best PF amd Jackie Brown DVD without german language?

that FDTD you have mentioned i wont buy…most likely i will get the one from cd wow but that one only has english language…

thanks for your help!

probably the us special edition pulp fiction and the uk special edition dogs

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
where can i get the Reservoir Dogs SE?
[/quote]
various german electronics supermarkets have it. just ask. you have to be 18, though.

[quote]
Ok, so whats the best PF amd Jackie Brown DVD without german language?
[/quote]
best PF: US Special Edition

best JB: US or UK Special Edition

[quote]
that FDTD you have mentioned i wont buy…most likely i will get the one from cd wow but that one only has english language…
[/quote]
yes. its better than the german one. your english is not so bad i assume, if you have trouble understanding it, maybe you should read the screenplay in addition to it

[quote=“Tarantino Forum Admin”]

various german electronics supermarkets have it. just ask. you have to be 18, though.

[quote]
[/quote]
yes. its better than the german one. your english is not so bad i assume, if you have trouble understanding it, maybe you should read the screenplay in addition to it
[/quote]

Is there no online store where i can get it? amazon: dont have it (of course), ebay: i guess its very hard to find, not the savest way either. cd-wow: dont have it. i dont know more online stores, are there any where i can get it?

thanks, i will buy both the versions (PF, JB) you have mentioned

I have Res.D., PF, JB and FDTD all on tape (VHS) I got them twice, the german VHS and the english VHS, i understand everything, just not every single word, i think its good to have the german language in addition to the original english even though they screw many things up.

before I buy anything: I assume there isnt really a Tarantino Collection DVD Box or sth. that is woth gettin? With all films (exept KB of course) uncut, many extras, etc.? I dont think there really is…i’ve seen a Black Collection with photos in it but it didnt look perfect to me so i didnt buy it.

there is one, in germany (one with uncut and one with cut FDTD) in it, but its the same dvds available seperately.

online stores to try: dvdboxoffice.com, cd-wow.co.uk, dvdimport.com, dvdsoon.com

ok then no DVD Collectors set for me, fine.

is that the kick ass RD version im supposed to get???

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www12.cd-wow.com/detail_results_ … at=region2”>http://www12.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=2728&subcat=region2</LINK_TEXT>

Try emunio.de

Anmelden, über 18 Bereich freischalten (kostet € 0,99 und sie brauchen Deine Perso-Nr.) und dann bestellen. ;D

[quote=“Crazy_Hattori”]
ok then no DVD Collectors set for me, fine.

is that the kick ass RD version im supposed to get???

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www12.cd-wow.com/detail_results_ … at=region2”>http://www12.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=2728&subcat=region2</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

yeah thats a good one. its practically the same as the German one, just without German language tracks on it